Jordan Retro 11 Low "Black/Red" To Release In 2015 (05/23/15 $170)

This was the only Jordan I planned on purchasing this year other than the Georgetown XI's. Actually entered a few raffles in the Silver Spring, MD area (like 8 to be exact) and not a single call back. Skimmed a little through this thread and heard that this is supposed to have large production numbers (and of course higher demand), but I just don't know how it feels like the shoe is sold out already without even being released yet.

I'm size 11 if anyone knows where to point me in the area.

Didn't hit on any raffles. What sites can I use my paypal balance to pay? Only two I know about are FNL and NDC.

Some folks seem to be reading all these posts by people (like myself) announcing they've won a raffle as evidence that this means there are plenty of shoes available. But surely, these posts reflect a "selection bias", it's not a random sample of everyone on NT who entered raffles. Sure, some people are posting that they didn't win a raffle, but overall, people are FAR more likely to post if they win than if they don't, so it presents a skewed picture.

For example, I posted about the one raffle i did win. But I had 13 tickets in play, and that was the only call-back I got. So i actually won one raffle but lost 12 others.  Since I was only looking for one shoe, from my perspective I "won". But statistically, i was 1/13, a whole lot more losing than winning.

I think that tells you about the demand for this shoe. True, maybe my experience isn't representative either, so to know for sure we'd need to have data on everyone who got raffle tix and what everyone's "win rate" was, but I am very sure that whatever that overall NT win-rate is, it's pretty low.

If you don't have a shoe secured yet, keep grinding. This will not be an easy cop online, and there won't be "leftovers" at your local stores at 10AM after all the raffle winners get theirs.

Last edited:

Question: 

If you set a 1 or 2 pair maximum for an upcoming release, but yet you get more raffle winning calls/emails than what you plan to buy, what do you do with those extra winning pairs?
I don't resell and always just want one pair, so it's simple: Once I get a call, I tell that store I'll be there Saturday morning to buy the shoe. Doesn't matter which store calls first, they get my business. Any later calls I get, I thank them very much for drawing my name, but say I've already got a call from someone else, so they can toss my ticket and draw some other lucky bastard's name for the shoe.

What I never do is just not show up to pick up a shoe i won. I always thank them very much but say I'm not getting it right there on the phone. Don't want to burn any bridges with my stores. There will be other shoes and raffles soon enough, and I fear that if I leave the impression that I am buying the shoe but then don't show up, the next time I fill out a raffle ticket an employee might remember me as the "**** who won the raffle but then didn't tell us he wasn't getting the shoe", and throw my raffle ticket into the trash can rather than the entry bin.

So yes, I do fear being "blacklisted", but not for not buying a shoe if I win a raffle, but for not telling the store when they call that I won't be buying the shoe.

Last edited:
So is the jury still out on the SNKRS app getting it?  

The app just went public...so I'm guessing it's going to be just as hard to cop on there as it is online.  

Last edited:
So is the jury still out on the SNKRS app getting it?  

The app just went public...so I'm guessing it's going to be just as hard to cop on there as it is online.  

The app is getting it

and it pretty much has just been just as hard for the past month as online

Question: 

If you set a 1 or 2 pair maximum for an upcoming release, but yet you get more raffle winning calls/emails than what you plan to buy, what do you do with those extra winning pairs?

- Buy everything you win anything, then resell (hopefully for retail + tax).
- Tell the store "No thanks, give up my winning pair to someone else."
- Accept the winning raffle, but don't buy it and leave it as an unclaimed pair on RD.

Does anyone think that winning a raffle, but not picking up the sneaker 'tarnishes' your reputation with that store, and you get black listed from winning any future raffles at that store?

I'm really interested in what people have to say about this...

Some stores actually keep track of it.

If you don't have a common name, there is a good chance they'll remember your name. Especially if you're entering raffles 3 or 4 times a month.

Question:

- Buy everything you win anything, then resell (hopefully for retail + tax).

- Tell the store "No thanks, give up my winning pair to someone else."

- Accept the winning raffle, but don't buy it and leave it as an unclaimed pair on RD.

Does anyone think that winning a raffle, but not picking up the sneaker 'tarnishes' your reputation with that store, and you get black listed from winning any future raffles at that store?

I'm really interested in what people have to say about this...
Buy everything. If you're there enough, which most of us are, they will remember you. So if you're constantly passing or a no show for pick up they are going to remember that. I built a couple relationships with workers just because they know if I put in I'm 100%, unless some disaster happens, picking it up. Workers really, really hate calling people for these, at least at my stores, so saying no pass it on to another soul is nice, but its making them waste more time calling people instead of selling shoes.

Buy everything. If you're there enough, which most of us are, they will remember you. So if you're constantly passing or a no show for pick up they are going to remember that. I built a couple relationships with workers just because they know if I put in I'm 100%, unless some disaster happens, picking it up. Workers really, really hate calling people for these, at least at my stores, so saying no pass it on to another soul is nice, but its making them waste more time calling people instead of selling shoes.
Def not singling you out, I jut found the las part humorous. For the most part, your average store isn't busy @ all. No I'm not talking bout ny and other big places. Your local mall. Most stores don't even have the shoes that are discounted online in the store or the highly sought after kicks are sold out. The only times I ever see anyone really in a shoe store is on raffle days and pick ups. Other than that ghost town. Full disclaimer that is about the only time I'm @ the mall or taking my lil one. I used to love going into all the shoe stores. Now it's a waste of time except in those populated cities id assume.

Just accept the win and never pickup if you don't plan on buying. The whole mr.good guy thing don't work when it comes to shoes.

What's this fools name? I can't pronounce it. ( Tosses ticket in trash ) Grabs another ticket.
Robert Smith? Yes..you've just won our raffle. Lol

Straight #truth ..I bet some employees pass on kids who have uncommon or foreign names such as myself. Conspiracy theory. Have entered raffles for yrs and won twice. Last week with hares and what the KD vi ...LOL.

They don't give anyone time to plan

Last min always

They'll contact you by email. Print it out if you find an email from them in your regular or spam inboxes and get there tomorrow before 1PM. Sheikh's can do better as far as hold time but at least they won't force you to phone camp to the point where you could potentially have to deal with blowback from work or something important like Champs, Foot Locker and Finish Line will do.

Last edited:
This was the only Jordan I planned on purchasing this year other than the Georgetown XI's. Actually entered a few raffles in the Silver Spring, MD area (like 8 to be exact) and not a single call back. Skimmed a little through this thread and heard that this is supposed to have large production numbers (and of course higher demand), but I just don't know how it feels like the shoe is sold out already without even being released yet.

I'm size 11 if anyone knows where to point me in the area.
Footaction at PG Plaza should have your size if you get there when they open. 

Def not singling you out, I jut found the las part humorous. For the most part, your average store isn't busy @ all. No I'm not talking bout ny and other big places. Your local mall. Most stores don't even have the shoes that are discounted online in the store or the highly sought after kicks are sold out. The only times I ever see anyone really in a shoe store is on raffle days and pick ups. Other than that ghost town. Full disclaimer that is about the only time I'm @ the mall or taking my lil one. I used to love going into all the shoe stores. Now it's a waste of time except in those populated cities id assume.
No worries, I don't work at a store, and I agree, there's usually 1 or 2 people when i go for my tickets, but there's even a local Jimmy Jazz that leaves messages specifically because they dont want to waste there time calling other people. All FNL's here basically has turned into guarenteed pair tickets (randomly passing out times) because they dont want to deal with calling. Its mostly lazy and the hate of this whole culture anymore.

Back
Top Bottom