Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

I've got my 10 min headstart (or is that 13 mins?). I'm not even rocking these until The Fall. No rush.

It’s funny how all of the “cutting back” chatter died down
True. However it does seem some things were definitely toned down a little bit. The royal 13, Katrina 3, those trash bag 9s and those clown H2H 1 did seem to move pretty quick. Which I’m ok with. If you would have told me in 2011 that last shots, shadow 10’s and blk/red 13s could be had for disco in 2018 I would have laughed in your face.

Nike/Jordan Brand got me again! When they hit me with that Last Shot early access scratch off it took me purchasing them and then I sat for a minute before I realized what had happened. They got me to buy a pair of shoes I may well have passed on. As soon as I saw the early access today and was scratching the picture I kept thinking “remember the 14s!” but it was no use. “You can always send them back!” I rationalized as I hit the purchase button. I never send stuff back. It will sit under my bed for a while before I wear them 2-3 times and then back under the bed until I sell them used on GOAT used for half of what I paid after fees so that I can buy a pair of shoes that I “have to have”. I’m seriously considering selling my whole collection and giving up shoes.

Nike/Jordan Brand got me again! When they hit me with that Last Shot early access scratch off it took me purchasing them and then I sat for a minute before I realized what had happened. They got me to buy a pair of shoes I may well have passed on. As soon as I saw the early access today and was scratching the picture I kept thinking “remember the 14s!” but it was no use. “You can always send them back!” I rationalized as I hit the purchase button. I never send stuff back. It will sit under my bed for a while before I wear them 2-3 times and then back under the bed until I sell them used on GOAT used for half of what I paid after fees so that I can buy a pair of shoes that I “have to have”. I’m seriously considering selling my whole collection and giving up shoes.

This is a timeless discussion that play through the minds of several sneaker lovers... Me personally agree with you... I too hesitate to purchase shoes, hit purchase button, and have buyers remorse afterwards. Sigh...another pair of kicks that will sit in midst of darkness in my closet for a long time. Might get up to 5 wears a year and the more I buy newer kicks, they will be push further into the abyss... Same with clothing so much new gear with tags still in the closet. The shoes I bought this year I can't vividly count how many times one wore them... BC3 5X, WL96 6X, CGXL lows 1X, JeterXL lows 1X. Shadow X and Last SHOTS still DS...Now I'm looking to get these...

Prime example of me not wearing my kicks are the Pure Money 3s... Pass on the triple whites because my soon to be 9 year old pair of Pure Money look like this...
20180523_213854.jpg
20180523_214028.jpg
20180523_214426.jpg

This is a timeless discussion that play through the minds of several sneaker lovers... Me personally agree with you... I too hesitate to purchase shoes, hit purchase button, and have buyers remorse afterwards. Sigh...another pair of kicks that will sit in midst of darkness in my closet for a long time. Might get up to 5 wears a year and the more I buy newer kicks, they will be push further into the abyss... Same with clothing so much new gear with tags still in the closet. The shoes I bought this year I can't vividly count how many times one wore them... BC3 5X, WL96 6X, CGXL lows 1X, JeterXL lows 1X. Shadow X and Last SHOTS still DS...Now I'm looking to get these...

Prime example of me not wearing my kicks are the Pure Money 3s... Pass on the triple whites because my soon to be 9 year old pair of Pure Money look like this...
20180523_213854.jpg
20180523_214028.jpg
20180523_214426.jpg

Flawless Victory!!

20180523_213854.jpg
20180523_214028.jpg
20180523_214426.jpg
Wow. While I understand it’s not the reason you posted pics, that’s really impressive for a 9 year old pair of all white shoes.

Damn man, I was working so I didn't check the popup until later, thought it was nothing.

The ONE time I actually want a shoe early, I can't get it, lol

These are my first Jordan EVER. Got a pair in 3rd grade. I'll pay retail if I have to, hope I don't need to, since it seems like Jordan are dead now. These will always be special to me.

Breds were disappointing though, still makes me cry inside a bit I had to return those.

This whole post bothers me a little. Not because of what you said more than what you might be thinking. A lot of us in here have WAY too many shoes compared to the avg person. Dont stop being intrigued by certain releases. Just know when to pass up. Nike makes us all fall into the buying over and over trap. There are several releases I have passed on but still enjoy talking with people that really want them. Its awesome at my age to see younger guys into these still. Its the TRUE stories that are awesome to read about. Not the fabricated today JB stories they put out in insta and twitter. Buy what you want for YOU.

Damn man, I was working so I didn't check the popup until later, thought it was nothing.

These are my first Jordan EVER. Got a pair in 3rd grade. I'll pay retail if I have to, hope I don't need to, since it seems like Jordan are dead now. These will always be special to me.

Breds were disappointing though, still makes me cry inside a bit I had to return those.
I def hope you get a pair of these. The first J ever can never be matched. The 2017 black and red were not that bad though. I had 98 release and these 2017s are alright in my book. Yes the shape is off but they are very close overall. Im not that picky though.

Wondering if the quality is good.

Quality or craftmanship? If you've been buying Jordan for the last 6-7 years, then you should know GR's are mass produced and quality/craftmanship is hit and miss... Quality of the leather always seems to come into play. I'll never understand why folks critique the softness of fake man made synthetic leather as good quality.

And I'm assuming you're case is craftmanship... Glue smears/stains over the shoe, cosmetics not on point. What makes you think Jordans are dead? If I can remake a shoe that originally came out 21 years ago and still make decent profit, that's pretty good. We all know Jordan/Nike saturates the market with retro + cws... They know what they are doing....

Example people all day today posted on IG of there 2013 pairs. So is wasn't a dire need for some to purchase again...cool. This isn't the first retro that folks were saying this. This has been the case for years that the way JB are re-releasing retro models too close togther.. So now you're seeing the approach of Nike and Jordan collabing with popular designers... PE's are starting to surface of players wearing them more than 15 years ago... Tinker designs that were scratched are coming to fruition. Look at the Jordan 6 Pinnacle, representing a jacket he wore on Saturday night live. Now you have a Jordan 1 ROTY. Materials representing a shirt he wore during that era. So you see Jordans won't ever die because many collabs will follow. Athletes will wear PEs. Designers will continue to reshape the brand. Jordan has tons of events happen through his legacy and Nike can pick a suite, a tie, a car, a shirt, a jacket, a pair of socks, and make a shoe that presents that era in time.

Please believe Jordans aren't dead...

Last edited:
Quality or craftmanship? If you've been buying Jordan for the last 6-7 years, then you should know GR's are mass produced and quality/craftmanship is hit and miss... Quality of the leather always seems to come into play. I'll never understand why folks critique the softness of fake man made synthetic leather as good quality.

And I'm assuming you're case is craftmanship... Glue smears/stains over the shoe, cosmetics not on point. What makes you think Jordans are dead? If I can remake a shoe that originally came out 21 years ago and still make decent profit, that's pretty good. We all know Jordan/Nike saturates the market with retro + cws... They know what they are doing....

Example people all day today posted on IG of there 2013 pairs. So is wasn't a dire need for some to purchase again...cool. This isn't the first retro that folks were saying this. This has been the case for years that the way JB are re-releasing retro models too close togther.. So now you're seeing the approach of Nike and Jordan collabing with popular designers... PE's are starting to surface of players wearing them more than 15 years ago... Tinker designs that were scratched are coming to fruition. Look at the Jordan 6 Pinnacle, representing a jacket he wore on Saturday night live. Now you have a Jordan 1 ROTY. Materials representing a shirt he wore during that era. So you see Jordans won't ever die because many collabs will follow. Athletes will wear PEs. Designers will continue to reshape the brand. Jordan has tons of events happen through his legacy and Nike can pick a suite, a tie, a car, a shirt, a jacket, a pair of socks, and make a shoe that presents that era in time.

Please believe Jordans aren't dead...
jordans looking like larry holmes flabby and sick

Good luck to all on Saturday. But I’m sure if you put in the work (raffles, FCFS, etc) you’ll get your pair.

The only work I'm Willing to do is wake up at 9:55 Saturday morning and try online from my bed. Not even gonna put in for raffles for these. Supposed to have bad weather in my area on Saturday and I hate driving in storms lol. I like these a lot and hope they are as easy as I think they will be, but I won't lose sleep if for some reason I strike out.

Is everyone else’s FTL app showing FCFS? I know they usually change it mid-week or so...

Back
Top Bottom