Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

Was able to use gift card on Snkrs. Called Nike and they let me add 20% coupon. 127 shipped

IMG_2533.JPG
Calling them now

heres a little secret

those codes never expire

you just have to enter them on the payment screen on a computer on nike.com it wont work on mobile

Thanks for the tip. Now I’m heated lol. saving $30 certainly won't make or break me. I was gonna be a sweet boy and just give the code to one of you guys. Guess I’ll just use it soon to finally grab those shadow 10’s.

20180802_233623.jpg

Hibbets site imagine vs yours posted... No difference to me.... Maybe on other pics...

Edit: On another note the dude unbreakable kicks did say there were noticeable differences between to two... One being the 2018 had a smaller tongue...

Last edited:
Weren’t the flints supposed to be dropping this year as well? Any info on what happened there?

I’m mainly copping for nostalgia reasons. I don’t care about the “He Got Game” movie or nickname. I’m mainly copping due to Mike’s 97-98 season and how sweet these looked on and off court. Them home Bulls games when Mike would wear this colorway and how every game he played was playoff atmosphere.

Dude, that's the ONLY reason I'm on these. The He Got Game thing has spun out of effing control. Who the eff is actually buying these because of the movie and the nickname? Sadly, I guess, a lot of people? The HGG connection is nothing more than a fun little Easter egg. But hey, I'm old and was there when it all happened originally. This is just a sick Air Jordan and with provenance to boot. The rest I could not care less about.

Dude, that's the ONLY reason I'm on these. The He Got Game thing has spun out of effing control. Who the eff is actually buying these because of the movie and the nickname? Sadly, I guess, a lot of people? The HGG connection is nothing more than a fun little Easter egg. But hey, I'm old and was there when it all happened originally. This is just a sick Air Jordan and with provenance to boot. The rest I could not care less about.
Alright but the all-stars should be called playoffs and the playoffs should be all-stars...

Alright but the all-stars should be called playoffs and the playoffs should be all-stars...

Er, what does that have to do with anything? I said I don't care about the HGG connection with these, that's all. Obviously loads of shoes have ended up with loads of nicknames over the years. I recognize I can't change that, and I'm not trying too. What I did say is, I like this shoe because of the shoe and its history/provenance. He Got Game? I like the movie--hell, I own it--but it's unrelated to why I want these. I'm now wondering how many people are watching the movie because of this release, versus buying the shoe because of the movie. I tend to think the movie is getting a boost as opposed to the shoe.

Beyond that, and it's not that serious, I think it's dopey how these things go today with minor or even made up associations taken as gospel when it comes to sneakers. (And it applies to other products but this is a sneaker forum so ...) For example, look at the "Silver Bullet" AM97s. A bunch of BS about Japanese bullet trains. The damn designer did an interview last year and said he had no idea about the train story--a story Nike promulgated in its own marketing. In reality his inspiration, according to the guy himself, was ripples in water when water is disturbed. Fake news at its finest, but here we all are calling them Silver Bullets. Asinine.

Er, what does that have to do with anything? I said I don't care about the HGG connection with these, that's all. Obviously loads of shoes have ended up with loads of nicknames over the years. I recognize I can't change that, and I'm not trying too. What I did say is, I like this shoe because of the shoe and its history/provenance. He Got Game? I like the movie--hell, I own it--but it's unrelated to why I want these. I'm now wondering how many people are watching the movie because of this release, versus buying the shoe because of the movie. I tend to think the movie is getting a boost as opposed to the shoe.

Beyond that, and it's not that serious, I think it's dopey how these things go today with minor or even made up associations taken as gospel when it comes to sneakers. (And it applies to other products but this is a sneaker forum so ...) For example, look at the "Silver Bullet" AM97s. A bunch of BS about Japanese bullet trains. The damn designer did an interview last year and said he had no idea about the train story--a story Nike promulgated in its own marketing. In reality his inspiration, according to the guy himself, was ripples in water when water is disturbed. Fake news at its finest, but here we all are calling them Silver Bullets. Asinine.
My point being ya'll calling those a nickname which makes just asuch of a point as HGG. That simple

Back
Top Bottom