Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

The magic ball at the end made no sense

I always took it as a sort of artistic interpretation into the fact that even though Jake is back in prison he has finally formed some kind of bond with his son, the ball being the link between the incarcerated father and the free son.

Didn't he end up going to the college that would grant his dad's release but the paper or something was let? I took it as Jesus ended up doing it for his dad and the ball being thrown was a symbol that his dad was getting out and they were going to fix their relationship. Almost like his dad was about to be there watching.

Most (nearly ALL) Spike Lee productions are cheeks. **** gets a pass because it’s spike and people can go the “yo so deeeeeeeeeeep you don’t understand” BS route

And let’s be honest, He got game wasn’t even a good movie

DesertedSelfishAsiaticmouflon-size_restricted.gif

Most (nearly ALL) Spike Lee productions are cheeks. **** gets a pass because it’s spike and people can go the “yo so deeeeeeeeeeep you don’t understand” BS route

Do the Right Thing
Clockers
Crooklyn
Inside Man
When the Levees Broke (HBO doc)

I mess with all of that. Can't speak for 25th Hour cause I've never seen it.

BlacKkKlansmen already being talked about as being really good.

And if you're within a certain age range--- who doesn't remember Jake Shuttles worth trying on the He Got Games with the ankle bracelet on?

That's an iconic scene! rainking rainking

SMH. Some of you guys are missing the point I made, which started out as noting how I PERSONALLY feel about the HGG nickname. If your opinion is that the movie is a huge part of this shoe's provenance and it contributes to your desire to own it, you're more than entitled to feel that way. And SC kid SC kid asking me if I've "even seen" the movie ... LOL. I already said I own a copy of the damn thing. Anyway, I'm not going to bother explaining it all again. I was never "arguing" with anyone in the first place, just making some observations about this shoe, the culture, and what has apparently become a widespread nickname that yes, sorry, I do think is dopey. Just my opinion, and it isn't going to change. But tomorrow is release day, and that's all that really matters. Happy to get back to THAT and I will now attempt to refrain from dragging out this nickname nonsense any further. Carry on, dudes.

Symbolism or not, that scene always drives me nuts. So unnecessary :lol:
But generally speaking, I like the movie quite a bit. I even like the 13s being featured in it, it's a fun little thing.

Anybody have any spare $20 VIP Coupons for FTL that they aren’t using..?? PM me please. Planning to copp these for the whole fam for back to school.

Anybody have any spare $20 VIP Coupons for FTL that they aren’t using..?? PM me please. Planning to copp these for the whole fam for back to school.
thought FTL/FTA dont allow rewards on launch product....or does it vary by location and what the product is?

Back
Top Bottom