Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

It’s not constructive criticism if you’re whining over petty BS.

Wait... that actually was constructive criticism though. Could've phrased it more nicely, but saying to focus less on introducing yourself and more on showcasing the product is definitely constructive criticism. You might disagree, but that doesn't make it less constructive.

Fantastic execution on these, and MAN!; are these comfortable.
1 pair's enough, though I'd definitely x2up on discount.

It’s not constructive criticism if you’re whining over petty BS.

You're promoting yourself on a platform that is designed for people to express opinions, but you are asking someone who expressed an opinion to make it personal bro. If you want to cater to a larger audience, then why are you wasting time with one person's opinion? Why don't you just keep doing the same reviews like all the other sneaker reviewers out there and not listen to any feedback at all? Individuals could be telling you something that you could take constructively or you can just get mad about it and call it BS. You can tell everyone out here that we don't have the experience that you do. What does that mean? People like us are who you want to attract. That's why you promote your reviews here right?

Back to the 13s. HGGs coming tomorrow and I can't wait to see them.

One, watch my videos. Second, constructive criticism is appreciated albeit the individual understands what goes into the creation process and building a lead into a video so people understand that bridge. I’m responding because it’s a comment that was made right after I posted a video here.

I’m a fan of the shoes just as much as everyone else and I push the content here because many enjoy the reviews or someone who’s never seen a video of mine can relate. I much rather not do videos like everyone else because I actually engage with the audience instead of taking a back seat.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

You're promoting yourself on a platform that is designed for people to express opinions, but you are asking someone who expressed an opinion to make it personal bro. If you want to cater to a larger audience, then why are you wasting time with one person's opinion? Why don't you just keep doing the same reviews like all the other sneaker reviewers out there and not listen to any feedback at all? Individuals could be telling you something that you could take constructively or you can just get mad about it and call it BS. You can tell everyone out here that we don't have the experience that you do. What does that mean? People like us are who you want to attract. That's why you promote your reviews here right?

Back to the 13s. HGGs coming tomorrow and I can't wait to see them.

He really didn't do that long of a review to be honest. He only talked about the remastered series, the shoe, and compared it to the original. A review and comparison is going to be longer than five minutes.

im not here to fight just wanna say I watched your review and def disagree with the best remastered retro.

you already forgot the Chicago 1's?

im sure theres others that were better than these. I mean great shoe, not much has changed from all past retros IMO

I've "been there" since 1989. I've held every version of these. Of course this 2018 release isn't a carbon copy of the OGs, but that 2008 version was garbage if you actually wore them. Like almost every other CDP shoe. Saying that they've ruined this shoe is an extreme viewpoint, but that's just my opinion. Some of the pics people have posted in here do not give an accurate representation of how the shoes look and how they are shaped in real life, that was my main point. These are one of the better retros in quite some time. I blast a lot of Jordan retros as well, but this one is pretty dang good, especially on-foot. Of course you're free to think they are trash, I just think you're doing yourself a disservice if you actually like 13s and haven't actually seen/held/tried on this version for yourself. But to each his own.
The 08 was garbage? Did u actually own a pair and wear them?? Im convinced you did not. The leather was super soft and the toe box leather was the right amount of tumbled not super tumbled as these are even mjo mentioned that in his video. If you’ve really been collecting since 89 then you will know every year quality goes down the drain little by little and the further we get from the og the worse the retro looks/ feel and quality wise. The 08 was the best retro of these hands down. And the 2013 was way better than these. I def checked them out in store and passed will pickup on discount. Same with the black/red 13s from last year those were horrible to someone who owned and loved the 04 pair I doubled up and sold the second pair from disgust.

I would have never thought a good video comparison between an original and the newest release would catch nerves like this. I have watched so many annoying "look at me" type reviews on youtube and his are not that.
to be fair he did not directly say it was that video he was talking about

im not here to fight just wanna say I watched your review and def disagree with the best remastered retro.

you already forgot the Chicago 1's?

im sure theres others that were better than these. I mean great shoe, not much has changed from all past retros IMO

No because if you pull an original 85 and compare it, the shape, structure, Swoosh, Air unit and materials are all different. Not remastered whatsoever and the term “as close to the original as possible” isn’t the 2015 Chicago although I love that shoe too.

You're promoting yourself on a platform that is designed for people to express opinions, but you are asking someone who expressed an opinion to make it personal bro. If you want to cater to a larger audience, then why are you wasting time with one person's opinion? Why don't you just keep doing the same reviews like all the other sneaker reviewers out there and not listen to any feedback at all? Individuals could be telling you something that you could take constructively or you can just get mad about it and call it BS. You can tell everyone out here that we don't have the experience that you do. What does that mean? People like us are who you want to attract. That's why you promote your reviews here right
40E25C89-B554-4CFE-942B-7FB7168B1B97.gif

The getting in the car, turning on the key putting the car into reverse, see the car drive off down the street just to get your gr raffle win schtick I can do without. Just get to the point. If you respond to one person and you can’t handle criticism then don’t show your vids. Just ask Dj Delz how his views and “thumbs up” are comming along.

40E25C89-B554-4CFE-942B-7FB7168B1B97.gif

The getting in the car, turning on the key putting the car into reverse, see the car drive off down the street just to get your gr raffle win schtick I can do without. Just get to the point. If you respond to one person and you can’t handle criticism then don’t show your vids. Just ask Dj Delz how his views and “thumbs up” are comming along.

I have nearly 500 videos uploaded to YouTube and you have no idea the amount of criticism creators get on the daily. I take my work with pride and if someone doesn’t know how to fast forward a video to get to a “point,” that’s not my problem. Thanks for being a subscriber.

The 08 was garbage? Did u actually own a pair and wear them?? Im convinced you did not. The leather was super soft and the toe box leather was the right amount of tumbled not super tumbled as these are even mjo mentioned that in his video. If you’ve really been collecting since 89 then you will know every year quality goes down the drain little by little and the further we get from the og the worse the retro looks/ feel and quality wise. The 08 was the best retro of these hands down. And the 2013 was way better than these. I def checked them out in store and passed will pickup on discount. Same with the black/red 13s from last year those were horrible to someone who owned and loved the 04 pair I doubled up and sold the second pair from disgust.

I never said I owned them and, in fairness, you're right, I shouldn't have called them garbage. I DO recall checking them out at the time and knowing a couple of people who bought them who told me they didn't feel great on-feet, but I don't recall the details of why I didn't like them when I checked them out and exactly what the complaints I heard were about. Honestly it's possible I've mixed it up with something else from those countdown packs, which produced some pretty bad retros of various models. That said, we can just agree to disagree about these versus the 2013s. The only thing I really would like to see different on the 2018s is the slant of the toe box. The rest I'm satisfied with, and the comfort is great. These 13s are more comfortable than more than a few other Nikes, retros and new models included, that I own.

We all know the quality issues that have plagued us with Jordan for years now, but they've actually improved the quality of certain retros in recent years. Listen, I'm not defending these clowns. I've had about 75 strokes on NT talking about the disaster they've made of the 3s for years now. THOSE, I'll NEVER buy a pair of until they are fixed to OG spec. I just don't happen to agree with you that these 13s are such an abomination. From a huge majority of posts in this thread so far, it appears I am far from alone. Not that it matters: I go off in the 3 threads and most people think I'm nuts. You and me are just on opposite sides of that fence in this one :lol:

I just spent 10 minutes of my life reading two people get mad over a YouTube video.

Anyway... glad I grabbed these and I feel like I’ve been reunited with a long lost friend lol

Back
Top Bottom