Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

I'll tell you one thing I am disappointed in: I really wish they would release at least SOME decent retro gear with these OG shoe drops. Basically all they released for these are those goofy shirts referencing the movie. I don't actually want to wear the shoes while also being covered head to toe in matching clothes, but I'd love having some reissued shorts and tees to wear separately and whenever. It's weird, sometimes JB/Nike does make some decent stuff like that, and other times it's basically nothing, like with these. Ah well. The screw it up half the time, anyway. I remember being pumped to buy one of the retro 3 jackets from several years ago, the ones with the elephant print trim. Then I saw the pic of the back and the big AIR plastered across it and was like, I'm out.
They dont do apparel like they used to. I still have the first 2 original "Brand Jordan" shooting shirts that came out with these.

They dont do apparel like they used to. I still have the first 2 original "Brand Jordan" shooting shirts that came out with these.

Man, I remember those. That's the kind of gear I'm talking about, not shirts with pictures of the shoes or MJ or whatever on them. The actual stuff designed at the time to go along with the shoes but for gym use, plus the warmups/pants/jackets designed in the same vein.

just got my pair and man im disappointed... i could see why a lot of people complained here and passed... the quality in general is decent but not great especially since JB is supposed to be making better quality retros with the "remaster" series... the quality is good if you talking about glue stains or just defective looking pairs they did a good job on these... im basing this comparison off my cdp pair which is the other pair i got besides the new joints... dont have the ogs...anyway the leather on the new pair is good... the leather on the side is nice and soft compared to the cdp which is stiff... but the cdp leather is way better on the toe box and the new pair is stiff... it makes a huge difference when walking in these the cdp feels so much better because of the softer leather on the toebox... and last but not least the padding in the ankle area is way better on the cdp and the new pair is a joke... theres padding there but its very thin and not as comfortable as the cdp... other than that the new pair is decent at best not trash but not sure its worth the 190.. i might just keep them.. but now im hesitant if i want to sell my cdp...

i might return these and keep my cdp since they are not beat... if you dont have the cdp this is a good pair to cop... but if you have the cdp dont even bother with this shoe if you copping just to have a new one in rotation like me... i wanted to sell the cdp rock the new joint but this is the first time i might have to deny the new pair and keep the old joints...

Last edited:
just got my pair and man im disappointed... i could see why a lot of people complained here and passed... the quality in general is decent but not great especially since JB is supposed to be making better quality retros with the "remaster" series... the quality is good if you talking about glue stains or just defective looking pairs they did a good job on these... im basing this comparison off my cdp pair which is the other pair i got besides the new joints... dont have the ogs...anyway the leather on the new pair is good... the leather on the side is nice and soft compared to the cdp which is stiff... but the cdp leather is way better on the toe box and the new pair is stiff... it makes a huge difference when walking in these the cdp feels so much better because of the softer leather on the toebox... and last but not least the padding in the ankle area is way better on the cdp and the new pair is a joke... theres padding there but its very thin and not as comfortable as the cdp... other than that the new pair is decent at best not trash but not sure its worth the 190.. i might just keep them.. but now im hesitant if i want to sell my cdp...

i might return these and keep my cdp since they are not beat... if you dont have the cdp this is a good pair to cop... but if you have the cdp dont even bother with this shoe if you copping just to have a new one in rotation like me... i wanted to sell the cdp rock the new joint but this is the first time i might have to deny the new pair and keep the old joints...
lol this exactly what I was saying these are trash period. Keep those cdp those are the best and will be the best retro of these ever. I’m still on the hunt. Only way I’m picking up the new retro is if they hit 100

Dude, keep the CDP. I had the 97 originals and like you said, the leather on the toe is stiff and cheap looking. I passed on these because I just can't get past the bootleg leather on the toe and tongue. I hate it. You're good with the CDP. These new ones aren't worth $190. Maybe $120, but definitely not $190 plus tax.

This blows me away really. I dont know what anyone expects anymore in comfort. These are fine to me. The CDPs I cannot compare as they are still DS. Ive had this release on for about 4 hours now and they feel like the original pairs. Yes they do. Looks wise they do have small differences but comfort is on point. Im satisfied for sure with this retro.

if you have the cdp you are better off with those imo... if i were you i would unds those and return these... trust me its like night and day... the only comparison i can think of obviously different shoe but as far as comfort and quality the bred 11s... the 2012 is a joke compared to the 01 pair and i just have the 2012 pair on DS when my 01 get beat... so im a just keep both... i might end up doing that with these but i dont like them enough to keep an extra pair DS and definitely dont wear my cdp enough...

if you have the cdp you are better off with those imo... if i were you i would unds those and return these... trust me its like night and day... the only comparison i can think of obviously different shoe but as far as comfort and quality the bred 11s... the 2012 is a joke compared to the 01 pair and i just have the 2012 pair on DS when my 01 get beat... so im a just keep both... i might end up doing that with these but i dont like them enough to keep an extra pair DS and definitely dont wear my cdp enough...
This. I just ordered a can of barge infinity cement and I’m feeling brave after watching a few sole swap / restoration videos I’m going on eBay looking for all the older retros that need to be reglued

these arent terrible on comfort they actually feel pretty decent... but they are not as comfortable as the cdp... you would relate if you rocked your pair... but its all good if you like the new pair... to each their own

Missed out on all the previous releases of these until now...
20180805_101327.jpg
20180807_180907.jpg

WELP. THATS THE ONE...

I GOTTA COP NOW...

I'm glad some others can see this too. Jordan Brand went cheap.

I guess I need to track down a CDP pair somehow just to see them again. I know what you guys mean about the toe/tongue leather. Personally, it just doesn't make THAT big a difference for me. That's just me. I do prefer that softer OG-style leather when the shoes are new and it is technically a higher-grade leather ... that said, I'm not normally someone who moans about creases in my shoes, as shoes are meant to crease. But lately I've actually seen some people wearing the previous retros (don't know if CDP or 13s) and they all look jacked up to me because the toe creases so much with that leather. It's a catch 22 to me, I guess. Usually I'm always for as close to OG retros as possible, but these 13s really are just fine to me. I honestly do find them quite comfy, both the uppers and the cushioning. I can believe the earlier ones were even better, though. I'm not trying to let JB off the hook here, if the shoes could be better then I wish they were even better. But I think it's a bit over the top to call this release garbage. If you think these are garbage, I can only assume you basically don't buy ANY Jordan retro anymore. Oh, and by "you" I mean the proverbial you, not necessarily you guys specifically.

these arent terrible on comfort they actually feel pretty decent... but they are not as comfortable as the cdp... you would relate if you rocked your pair... but its all good if you like the new pair... to each their own
this sound believable if the cdps have a softer leather toe

but i dont have the cdps so these will have to do

my ogs have been long gone

og xiii imo were the best jordan to ball in for me back in the day except the laces got easily undone

Back
Top Bottom