Jordan Retro 13 Holiday Season (3M, Hologram, Grey Toes, Red Pods)

Which is the best pair releasing?

• 3M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hologram

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Grey Toe

• Red Pod

• None of them

• All of them

• Total voters
You're right lol...I'm pretty much asleep at work, my bad.
LOL look at your avatar for the answer 
laugh.gif

i like the grey toes but i like the 05s way better, that deep red on the 05s is so sick compared to this. plus i like the white tongue over the grey tongue. might just be me though.

Give me them right now.

The red looks lighter than the '05 version, but maybe that helps prevent the bleeding...?
That's because the 05 was more maroon, this is an sample OG colorway. Has nothing to do with the bleeding. JB's method to prevent bleeding is to paint the midsole.

Last edited:
While I do understand the bleeding of color onto the suede midsole part why make that change now makes them look different but until I actually hold it in hand or see them in person I cant make up my mind just know the grey toes will be mine I remember buying those for my daughter along with the flints while stationed in Hawaii.

actually what they did is, if you look above the pods you'll see its painted and not a full suede mid. That's what's gonna prevent it, help anyway

Ahhhhhh...I can now see that painted strip between the suede and the pods. Makes sense.

That's because the 05 was more maroon, this is an sample OG colorway. Has nothing to do with the bleeding. JB's method to prevent bleeding is to paint the midsole.

I don't think that particular photo is a sample OG pair. I did hear that this "new" maroon colorway is based on an OG sample pair, but that pair has no fading or yellowing or bleeding AND the model is wearing joggers.

But yea...We referred to them as the "maroon 13's" when these came out (I was in college at Temple...I remember these clearly). I think they came out either the same day or close to the white/light grey/carolina blue pair. But yes, I see the painted midsole...I'm cool with it if it will help with the bleeding.

Im going to co-sign the info in regards to Og sample colorway, to enlighten those who seem to be un-clear on the grey toes 13s history..

The upcoming Grey toe 13s are not a retro of the "steel toe 13s" from '05
(or whatever theyre currently Dubbed), the '05 steel/grey toe 13s are actually based off a "sample" pair of 13s that looked nearly identical to the grey toes releasing this November.

The sample pair can be seen in the 2002 "Sole Provider- 30years of Nike Basketball" book ,written by Robert "Scoop" Jackson.

Last edited:

Image Via j23app's Twitter

"Here’s a first look at an Air Jordan 13 Retro and Black/Red that is set for a December 2014 release. Spotted during the Jordan Brand Holiday 2014 Preview, this new Air Jordan 13 release draws on the classic lassic “Bred” construction, using tumbled leather uppers similar to the Playoff 13s. What do you think of the latest preview of this Air Jordan XIII? Continue onward for more images of this latest Jordan retro and let us know your thoughts in the comments section, and stay tuned for more exclusive Air Jordan Holiday 2014 photos.

Source: nitro_licious"
Take my money...

So I just went from only 2 J's left for this year to 3.

If they continue like this I might need to block my Paypal account lol

Ahhhhhh...I can now see that painted strip between the suede and the pods. Makes sense.
I don't think that particular photo is a sample OG pair. I did hear that this "new" maroon colorway is based on an OG sample pair, but that pair has no fading or yellowing or bleeding AND the model is wearing joggers.

But yea...We referred to them as the "maroon 13's" when these came out (I was in college at Temple...I remember these clearly). I think they came out either the same day or close to the white/light grey/carolina blue pair. But yes, I see the painted midsole...I'm cool with it if it will help with the bleeding.
No the particular photo is not, I meant the coloway is based on an OG sample.

More Images

"The Air Jordan 13 “Black/Red”  is another of the non-OG colorways lined for the Jordan 13 this year. Although they definitely could pass as an original – they’ve got the standard black and red colorway in place that would no doubt have earned them a “Bred” moniker were that spot not already occupied as far as this silhouette is concerned. The materials are a surprise as well, with the dimpled upper being that familiar tumbled leather variety from the Playoff/He Got Games, and the suede panels offering up that OG flair as well. This time around we’re giving you a bit of a better preview of the shoes, so make sure to flip through the photos waiting below on the new Air Jordan 13 “Black/Red”  and stick with Sneaker News for this December, 2014 release"

This is exactly how I wanted the Blk/Red XIII's to look since the Playoff XIII's may be my favorite shoe of all-time, period. Never got my hands on the Playoff XIII's, but these will do. And I think I may just get the Grey toes as well.

Back
Top Bottom