Jordan Retro 17 White/Red 2024 (FINALLY)

How do you rock ya 17s?

• Both Shrouds

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 1 Shroud

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Without the shrouds

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
In on these. I’m getting any og color that drops.

Between these and the two lows dropping, not looking forward to seeing how much I’ll be spending on XVIIs next year.
$700 for two pairs is insane lol

I’m guessing they will be extremely limited. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t invest in much molds to make the tooling in order to make these a true GR. Would make sense because only people who REALLY wanted these will drop $300-$400 retail.

Really excited to see some OG mids getting retrod, although I’ll probably hold off on these. Between the trophy rooms, and whatever lows retro next year, I’d probably never wear these anyway. I’d rather save the cash and double up on the OG Wizards colorway. Those will be straight to foot whenever they retro.

I would assume they would have the briefcase. They made it for the AJNT23s (retail $200) in 2020. Have they been including CDs still in the recent XXIIIs (Titan 22, YOTR, SoleFly)? Michael never wore this colorway or black lows right?

It’s weird, but this is a good move on NIKE,‘s part. They realize how much resellers are cashing in, and figure why not us?
The concern is that nobody messes with 17s outside of old heads so these are likely going to be VERY limited and also expensive. It’s kinda been the case with retros >XIV in general but the 17s in particular are a pretty complicated shoe with the mix of different and premium materials, construction, and fancy briefcase (compared to a s****y generic JB cardboard box most retros have come in).

Even the collab 17s didn’t move the needle much.

The concern is that nobody messes with 17s outside of old heads so these are likely going to be VERY limited and also expensive. It’s kinda been the case with retros >XIV in general but the 17s in particular are a pretty complicated shoe with the mix of different and premium materials, construction, and fancy briefcase (compared to a s****y generic JB cardboard box most retros have come in).

Even the collab 17s didn’t move the needle much.
If they're going to release them, now is the time. It is almost solely for a certain generation. These will never have the cult following of say the I, III, XI, etc.

1692938268346.png

If they're going to release them, now is the time. It is almost solely for a certain generation. These will never have the cult following of say the I, III, XI, etc.
Thing is, with a $300-$350+ retail pricepoint, there is no way younger sneakerheads are going to mess with the 17s.

I think if they want any hope of the model succeeding as a popular retro, they need to drop the price to the $200ish retail pricepoint of other retros. Even then, I’m not sure they move that well but I’m sure they would sell a lot more pairs vs most likely fewer pairs of a really limited release at the higher pricepoint.

Thing is, with a $300-$350+ retail pricepoint, there is no way younger sneakerheads are going to mess with the 17s.

I think if they want any hope of the model succeeding as a popular retro, they need to drop the price to the $200ish retail pricepoint of other retros. Even then, I’m not sure they move that well but I’m sure they would sell a lot more pairs vs most likely fewer pairs of a really limited release at the higher pricepoint.
It is now or never. The generation that coveted these is in their 30's-40's. The door is closing soon.

I agree. I'm almost 40 with no kids. They better retro these now before we start having kids getting married etc.
It is now or never. The generation that coveted these is in their 30's-40's. The door is closing soon.
Yet if they just dropped the retail price, I’m sure younger customers would be more inclined to buy them.

I’m a millennial who wasn’t alive in 1985 but AJ1s are my favorite sneaker because they were attainable. If they were severely limited and $300+, I doubt I would have ever bought a pair when I was younger.

**Nostalgia moment**

I will never forget that Wizards colorway. Cane out 2/9/02. I remember it was a huge uproar on that $200 price tag. It was completely unheard of at the time for some shoes. Granted, it came with a briefcase and the DVD, but it was still insane for the time. I remember it was such a big deal that it was on the news. This was my 9th grade year and people still got them, but not as many as a retro Jordan. I remember they didn’t really sell out. It was almost a status symbol shoe because of the price. Kind of like how the Foamposite pros were when they retro’ed in 02-04 in all black. The 17’s actually went on sale. The black/silver pair sold okay, but they also went on sale. I remember seeing the black pair for $140 on sale.

Still a nice looking silhouette, but I got a feeling they are going to be limited like the other Jordan’s post Jordan 14. If they mass produce these what I think will retail at $350-$400 with the briefcase, they wont sell well. What would be even more funny is if they release them without the briefcase and CD and still retail for over $300, that’s going to be the biggest ripoff of Jordan brand history Lmaooooo.

I remember watching an NBA game (I believe on TNT) and the TV crew introduced the new Jordan 17s on air live before the game in the briefcase. Sold me on the spot regardless of the price!

Back
Top Bottom