Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

You must be young because those were staples in the heavy denim world in 2002-2008.
nah I'm not young.... ALMOST late 20s. Red monkey was coo for people that wanted to be like the rappers and entertainers IMO was trash....never like coogi EVER. Also was under the impression he was speaking of denim that's relevant today.

Last edited:
just get apc's

completely minimalist, fade great, and have arguably the best cuts of any brand

just get apc's

completely minimalist, fade great, and have arguably the best cuts of any brand

I was going to mention them since New Standards especially are a great choice, but I wanted to talk about the more expensive stuff.

Hates everything.....lol I like true religion, 7 for all mankind, joes jeans and such but Man U trashed everyone EVERYONE!! Lmao

The truth is I wasted a lot of $ on "exclusive premium denim" that I can't wear today. Several pairs of $250-400 Rock & Republic with studs, Antik, 7Fam, TR. The TRs are the only ones I can wear today. R&R ended up bankrupt selling made in china pairs for Kohl's, Antik lost any status, 7fam got totally played out by everyone.

Once I got my first pair of raw dark indigo selvedge RRDS Nudies it was like an epiphany. That brand along with the others I mentioned allowed you to rock a low key product esp. a decade ago built with much better quality than the other brands and is also made in Italy. A pair of Moschino, Gucci, etc. is built just like any of the $100 or less jeans made in China but with a branded leather patch on the back and made in Italy.

One last thing. Button down fly. No zippers ever!

For those that wear Levi's 511. Do you guys think sizing up would make the leg opening wider as well or just the waist?

Trying to find a jean that are ready to wear, rather than having to get them tailored.

Back in like 2008 walked in ruggid warehouse copped a dope pair of jeezys 8732 dark jeans they were so thick and nice. Lasted a long time I eventually gave away tho. Paid 15 bucks retail was like 140 lol

For those that wear Levi's 511. Do you guys think sizing up would make the leg opening wider as well or just the waist?

Trying to find a jean that are ready to wear, rather than having to get them tailored.

Not sure about 511 but with most brands' slim/tapered styles there are two leg openings. I'm not completely sure but I think the switch happens from 34-36. You just gotta try them on along with other stuff to see what you like best.

The truth is I wasted a lot of $ on "exclusive premium denim" that I can't wear today. Several pairs of $250-400 Rock & Republic with studs, Antik, 7Fam, TR. The TRs are the only ones I can wear today. R&R ended up bankrupt selling made in china pairs for Kohl's, Antik lost any status, 7fam got totally played out by everyone.

Once I got my first pair of raw dark indigo selvedge RRDS Nudies it was like an epiphany. That brand along with the others I mentioned allowed you to rock a low key product esp. a decade ago built with much better quality than the other brands and is also made in Italy. A pair of Moschino, Gucci, etc. is built just like any of the $100 or less jeans made in China but with a branded leather patch on the back and made in Italy.

Lol that's the thing about NY, something is lit for a year max, and then it's played out the next year. Trues lasted the longest, but they're finally dying out completely it seems like.

Lol that's the thing about NY, something is lit for a year max, and then it's played out the next year. Trues lasted the longest, but they're finally dying out completely it seems like.

Yeah it's surprising how they survived the whole premium denim crash. They hit outlets together with the other brands and even opened their own stores. They hit their peak after My Humps. Usually once hot clothing is allowed to be sold at or ends up in outlets its soon over. Celebs stop rocking it and it's no longer in. Evisu suffered from that but they have a near 25 year heritage and their best product was never available at places like century 21. Imo a No.1 or No.2 with painted white gulls will always be classic.

Back in like 2008 walked in ruggid warehouse copped a dope pair of jeezys 8732 dark jeans they were so thick and nice. Lasted a long time I eventually gave away tho. Paid 15 bucks retail was like 140 lol
[emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] dude rugged warehouse was my store during that time being in high school. Their inventory came from the bigger name stores and was marked down heavy. So much urban street wear for low prices. They packed up & closed locations and left Alabama back in 2011 :smh:. Yours still open?

[emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] dude rugged warehouse was my store during that time being in high school. Their inventory came from the bigger name stores and was marked down heavy. So much urban street wear for low prices. They packed up & closed locations and left Alabama back in 2011 :smh:. Yours still open?
yeah they still here but suck compared 2 way back. I did get this for 10 last time I was there lol gonna go with my billy hoyle command forces View media item 1849181

I see what your saying...only thing is I've had a pair of R&R I bought ummm 5 yrs ago that I still have today ( actually wore them today) also how do u feel about G star jeans? I personally love them.

I see what your saying...only thing is I've had a pair of R&R I bought ummm 5 yrs ago that I still have today ( actually wore them today) also how do u feel about G star jeans? I personally love them.

I have never bought anything from g star and don't know a lot about their jeans so I can't really comment. Their clothes in general are popular all over esp in Europe. If they have pairs that are selvedge then that's a plus.

I have never bought anything from g star and don't know a lot about their jeans so I can't really comment. Their clothes in general are popular all over esp in Europe. If they have pairs that are selvedge then that's a plus.
I see your really into the denim. Which is really coo, I say give them a try bro you might be surprised.

I still have a R&R Henlee or Taylor can't remember morphine wash that I really liked. It's the boot cut that was really popular back in '06. I wear those once in a while. They were my favorite pair that year. I also have a Taylor with the studs with a similar wash that I paid $400 for at Bloomingdales around the same time. Those don't fit me well anymore and I wouldn't rock them now. Both have the original back pockets before they started changing them.

I see your really into the denim. Which is really coo, I say give them a try bro you might be surprised.

Yeah I'm a denim snob. I really don't own any cheap denim except two $10 pairs of uniqlo from when they opened their flagship in NY I think 3-4 yrs ago. I'll def try on a pair of g star next time I'm shopping for jeans which will be pretty soon. My favorite daily wear Nudies are getting to the point where I won't be able to repair them anymore.

Yeah I'm a denim snob. I really don't own any cheap denim except two $10 pairs of uniqlo from when they opened their flagship in NY I think 3-4 yrs ago. I'll def try on a pair of g star next time I'm shopping for jeans which will be pretty soon. My favorite daily wear Nudies are getting to the point where I won't be able to repair them anymore.
Oh forgot to mention.... If you already haven't try a pair of YSL denim. Not really my lane (to skinny) but my cousin raves about his.

Back
Top Bottom