Jordan Retro 6 "Sport Blue" 8.30.14 - (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, or OOPS)

This price increase is gonna hurt me this year :smh:

Other than the obvious more profit for JB, do you think that this is their way to fight against the resale market? Maybe I'm over analyzing, but Yeezy's go for $245 retail I was informed today and sell for thousands at resale. Other than a select few Jordan's, I don't think there would be many Jordan resellers if the price tag was $250 across the board just because there would almost be no profit. The Bred 1's retailed at $140, they are going for above $300 easily, that's a pretty good profit margin. If they retailed closer to $250, I don't there would be much room for a lucrative resale market.

To bad they weren't coming out a couple of months earlier. They would be a perfect summer shoe

Last edited:
Other than the obvious more profit for JB, do you think that this is their way to fight against the resale market? Maybe I'm over analyzing, but Yeezy's go for $245 retail I was informed today and sell for thousands at resale. Other than a select few Jordan's, I don't think there would be many Jordan resellers if the price tag was $250 across the board just because there would almost be no profit. The Bred 1's retailed at $140, they are going for above $300 easily, that's a pretty good profit margin. If they retailed closer to $250, I don't there would be much room for a lucrative resale market.
Completely agree with this 100%. Ive been sayin this for months and months now. I def think JB should go up to about 250 on these retro Js to cut out all the riff raff with the resellers and them buying up all the inventory. I mean hell the Foamposites retail for 250 and even tho its a much better quality of shoe, the Jordans are still more iconic and sought after. If they started retailing all these Js for 250 instead of 170, they would still sell out in a day. If the white/infrared and Infrared 23 VI's were each 250 i bet they would both still sell out this Saturday. Of course this would also knock off the people who are already complaining about JB going up $10 to $170 so i doubt any of them would wanna pay 250 but there are plenty of folks who will. Jus my opinion

Last edited:
all these new people will pay anything. there is no price ceilings for them. look at the 11s, doernbechers, etc. people just can't seem to say no. If it's a new Jordan out and they miss it, they feel like they just have to have it. There will always be people who just have to fit in. The retail price won't change that.

Completely agree with this 100%. Ive been sayin this for months and months now. I def think JB should go up to about 250 on these retro Js to cut out all the riff raff with the resellers and them buying up all the inventory. I mean hell the Foamposites retail for 250 and even tho its a much better quality of shoe, the Jordans are still more iconic and sought after. If they started retailing all these Js for 250 instead of 170, they would still sell out in a day. If the white/infrared and Infrared 23 VI's were each 250 i bet they would both still sell out this Saturday. Of course this would also knock off the people who are already complaining about JB going up $10 to $170 so i doubt any of them would wanna pay 250 but there are plenty of folks who will. Jus my opinion

They still would sell out, but it definitely would be more of an impact on resellers. It may not drive out the people who want to fit in and need to have the shoe to fit in but it gives a better and more honest chance to those who actually want the shoe. Resellers don't mind the $170 price tag as long as they can flip them for $300, but if they start bumping into Powder Blue 3 issues where their profit margin is close to none, then the resellers who make it hard to cop especially on NDC would reconsider their hustle.

Last edited:
Mine look like they about to crumble. I'm thinking about sole swapping. Hope they don't re-release after I do it

Do the vi's and any other shoe with air units crumble because of the air unit or is the soles weak?
OGs and older retros (2-9) have open-celled polyurethane midsoles that break down when they go a long time without being worn, which is why most are unwearable

they changed it around 04-05, which is why many of these newer retros aren't very comfortable but probably won't crumble either.

/education

They still would sell out, but it definitely would be more of an impact on resellers. It may not drive out the people who want to fit in and need to have the shoe to fit in but it gives a better and more honest chance to those who actually want the shoe. Resellers don't mind the $170 price tag as long as they can flip them for $300, but if they start bumping into Powder Blue 3 issues where their profit margin is close to none, then the resellers who make it hard to cop especially on NDC would reconsider their hustle.
Definitely agree 100%. Well said. Repped

all these new people will pay anything. there is no price ceilings for them. look at the 11s, doernbechers, etc. people just can't seem to say no. If it's a new Jordan out and they miss it, they feel like they just have to have it. There will always be people who just have to fit in. The retail price won't change that.

I understand you on that part, but the list of people who could actually afford paying $250 every release would go down and may possibly eliminate the reseller which is probably one of the biggest blockades when trying to buy a shoe you want. That $250 price tag whether QS, LR, or GR would put back into perspective who's really copping the shoe because they like it as well as helping bring that fair chance back to the real customer. It would be like kind of back in the day where only those who could afford it and really want it would pay the associated price tag, while still selling out in today's world.

A price increase to $250 would indeed push out the resellers. However, the reason resellers EXIST is because there are people out there willing to pay 250 for a GR right now. So yes, you would push resellers out of business, but it really wouldn't change much, the pokemon generation would still be on there gotta catch em all BS. Only difference is they'd be paying Nike their $250 instead of the resellers. And to make it worse, it'd hurt the people that put in work to get them at the now $170 retail price.

IMO, I think that the majority of people that are in it for the right reasons, the love of the shoe, are the same people putting in work to get em for retail and many would pass for $250, unless it was a grail of some sort. At the very least, I'm sure a lot of older heads would slow down on buying J's. So, I could see a big price increase actually pushing a lot of the people that have been in this for a while, OUT of Jordan's and towards other brands. For me anyways, there aren't many more J's I want that I'd be willing to pay $250 for (which would be around $300 in Canada, we're already paying $234 now for a retro after tax), and my collection is relatively small compared to most on here.

Just my 2 :smokin

Last edited:
A price increase to $250 would indeed push out the resellers. However, the reason resellers EXIST is because there are people out there willing to pay 250 for a GR right now. So yes, you would push resellers out of business, but it really wouldn't change much, the pokemon generation would still be on there gotta catch em all BS. Only difference is they'd be paying Nike their $250 instead of the resellers. And to make it worse, it'd hurt the people that put in work to get them at the now $170 retail price. IMO, I think that the majority of people that are in it for the right reasons, the love of the shoe, are the same people putting in work to get em for retail and many would pass for $250. So, I could see a big price increase actually pushing a lot of the people that have been in this for a while, OUT of Jordan's and towards other brands. For me anyways, there aren't many more J's I want that I'd be willing to pay $250 for (which would be around $300 in Canada, we're already paying $234 now for a retro after tax), and my collection is relatively small compared to most on here.

Just my 2 :smokin
If they charged 250 they could obviously drastically increase the quality of the shoe. Since many people are complaining about quality issues that increase in price would def give JB some more money to increase the quality on these retros. Jus my 2 cents. I can see both sides

a price increase like that would only push out the small time reseller
the big time reseller (who is the bigger problem) would go on as is

the whole twitter link or whatever is just to pretend the big time reseller isn't gonna still win

If they charged 250 they could obviously drastically increase the quality of the shoe. Since many people are complaining about quality issues that increase in price would def give JB some more money to increase the quality on these retros. Jus my 2 cents. I can see both sides
I totally hear you on that. And increased quality might somewhat make up for a price increase. But amazing quality or not, would you be willing to drop $250 on Powder Blue 3's? Green Glow 4's? $250 for Infrared/Bobcat 10's? Hell, even some OG colorways, $250 for Bugs Bunny 8's? $250 for Olympic or Cardinal 7's? $250 for Fire Red 3's?

Yes, I intentionally picked CW's that aren't very popular as is to make my point. There are plenty of OG colorways that WOULD sell well with great quality for $250, White/Black Cement 3's and 4's, etc. But I think JB would lose that middle ground, unpopular CW's would be passed on by seasoned heads at $250, regardless of quality a lot of people would become much more picky on what kicks they'd cop. Maybe not such a bad idea for some of us, but I don't think JB wants to see lots of kicks sitting.

Last edited:
I totally hear you on that. And increased quality might somewhat make up for a price increase. But amazing quality or not, would you be willing to drop $250 on Powder Blue 3's? Green Glow 4's? Hell, even some OG colorways, $250 for Bugs Bunny 8's? $250 for Olympic or Cardinal 7's? $250 for Fire Red 3's?

Yes, I intentionally picked CW's that aren't very popular as is to make my point. There are plenty of OG colorways that WOULD sell well with great quality for $250, White/Black Cement 3's and 4's, etc. But I think JB would lose that middle ground, unpopular CW's would be passed on by seasoned heads at $250, regardless of quality a lot of people would become much more picky on what kicks they'd cop. Maybe not such a bad idea for some of us, but I don't think JB wants to see lots of kicks sitting.
That 250 hasnt slowed down the Foamposites selling or hype around them. And everybody has different colorways they prefer i personally would rather have bugs bunny or playoff 8s over some white or black cement 4s anyday. But but thats just me and everybody is gonna like different Js more than others cause everybody is different.

That 250 hasnt slowed down the Foamposites selling or hype around them. And everybody has different colorways they prefer i personally would rather have bugs bunny or playoff 8s over some white or black cement 4s anyday. But but thats just me and everybody is gonna like different Js more than others cause everybody is different.
Let's take the Foamposite example, it actually illustrates my point well. Most of the foams did sell out, true, but a lot of CW's sat, or could be had for around retail soon after the release. The whiteout's, both camo's, asteroids, weathermans all didn't sell well. The hyped foams, yea they flew out the door. Same thing I envision for J's if they hit the $250 pricepoint. A lot of not so popular CW's sitting, and a lot of loved CW's flying out the door.

You're right, different people like different CW's, but wouldn't a $250 price point diminish how many pairs of J's you bought every year? I know it would for me. It's interesting to think about, me personally, I will be drastically cutting back if the price hits $250 ($300ish Canadian). :smokin

Last edited:
Nah the 250 wouldn't slow me down unless the quality didnt improve. If they just went up that much and didn't improve the quality at all i would only buy OG colorways but again thats just my preference cause i really just want all the OG colorways anyway. I dont care for the DBs or any of the super hyped non og colorway retro Js. I think the Foamposites just been messing up with the colors, or theyve ran out of ideas or something. But all them basic colorways and the OG colorways they use to drop are all super fresh IMO. I do have the Asteroids tho and i really like them actually.

Last edited:
i don't think the retail price will ever be the problem. if thats the bar, then people will expect to pay that but resellers will always buy product if they know they can profit from it. bump retro's to $250 and resellers will sell for $350-400 the only thing that will change is who's purchasing and can afford them.

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Blue looks dull as hell and doesn't blend well with the icy sole AT ALL. Very disappointed if that's an unfiltered legit pic.

That pic don't mean nothin when these drop theyll be on point. Fingers crossed lol. I know im looking forward to these Jerry Seinfeld 6s.

Back
Top Bottom