Jordan Retro VI "Cigar/Champagne" Championship Pack

Honestly I feel like I'm probably going to use it on the champagnes. I was leaning towards the cigars but I've heard a lot of problems where the type of leather used scuffs way to easy and becomes very noticeable after only a short amount of wears.
I have both and I would honestly chose the champagnes. They overall look better to me. The shine isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be. The material on the cigars seems very sensitive

The leather on the cigars is supposed to scratch easy.  They made them like that on purpose.  It gives them a character imo, more of a vintage look.

^^ def will help people on the fence or unsure about which one they want. personally i always thought they were both over priced at retail but the champagnes are just straight doodoo
sick.gif

^^ def will help people on the fence or unsure about which one they want. personally i always thought they were both over priced at retail but the champagnes are just straight doodoo:x

Until you have them! OR the lights go out!

Hope they do more "interesting" colorways/packs like this in the future. Now that they've done and redone every retro its time to move on to something new like these.

Is anyone else having the same problem ?

Reason I'm quoting myself I can't find an answer.

Im an 8.5 as well and to avoid the dilema I bought a size 8 and 8.5 inhe carmines since 6s run half size big and kept both. I tried the champagnes on only to find out that they fit a little roomy in the toe area, not surehow I feel about that and if I should go with a sz 8 instead and sell the 8.5

Damn, sold my Cigar's on eBay and the buyer just filed a claim that they're fake.
mean.gif
  They're obviously authentic as I hand picked these up myself at the mall.  Any tips for anyone that have come across fakes in case this unscrupulous buyer tries to stick me with the ole switcheroo?

I was going back and forth with the buyer in the eBay case details. He said the photocopy of the receipt I included doesn't prove that the shoes are real.  Umm, ok.  
sick.gif
  I then took a picture of the original receipt and added it to the "evidence" gallery and he closed the case the next day. PayPal and eBay are sister companies owned by eBay so if a person files a claim, it's not any better or worse if it's open through eBay or Paypal. Just make sure you have all your ducks in a row (i.e. tracking of package, original receipt, proof of delivery, etc). I've sold literally hundreds of shoes and have very few issues so i'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck! 

I was going back and forth with the buyer in the eBay case details. He said the photocopy of the receipt I included doesn't prove that the shoes are real.  Umm, ok.  
sick.gif
  I then took a picture of the original receipt and added it to the "evidence" gallery and he closed the case the next day. PayPal and eBay are sister companies owned by eBay so if a person files a claim, it's not any better or worse if it's open through eBay or Paypal. Just make sure you have all your ducks in a row (i.e. tracking of package, original receipt, proof of delivery, etc). I've sold literally hundreds of shoes and have very few issues so i'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck! 
glad it worked out for you man

^^Glad to hear it worked out ok as well. Hopefully ebay keeps his bogus attempt in mind the next time he attempts this. I bought mine online. I recorded a video of me packaging the shoes and then of the box at the post office. Shipped with tracking of course. The video shows me putting in the shoes and then adding a receipt which shows my name and order # as well. Hoping I hear back from him since he should have received the shoes today and all is good without any funny business.

Last edited:
Thanks, appreciate it @palma  and @Wafflegeist.  I was worried for a second but knew it was out of my hands. I blocked that buyer from bidding on any of my future items. Palma, video taping your shipment seems a bit extreme in my opinion. I think I read a few pages back that someone video taped their shipment as well and was still denied by Paypal. It's really about luck to avoid people trying to rip you off. It looks like in my case, I was just dealing with an ignorant buyer who valued the original receipt to prove authenticity and did not know the difference between real and fake shoes.

@solecali I know video taping is extreme, but these days what are you going to do when buyers with hundreds of positive listing are out scamming. Sometimes I think people buy ebay accounts somehow. I taped it mostly to have some evidence and a scare tactic for an inexperienced scammer Perhaps your guy was just not convinced with no ill intention or maybe just a missed attempt and backed out not knowing how ebay can be even more malignant. If pursued this further who knows what would happen. Ya I read about video taping earlier as well, but I thought it was in relation to a charge back scam and I know ebay/paypal step away when that happens and cc companies couldn't care less about receipts and videos. I can only hope for the best.

Last edited:
The game is down a dark path...just sharing stories to let y'all know the bs that is out there.

Videotaping does absolutely nothing. CC companies do not take it in as evidence and PP says video is editable, therefore, making it a moot point.

The solution? Sell on consignment. Let someone else take all the risk. You get a check, end of story.

^^ def will help people on the fence or unsure about which one they want. personally i always thought they were both over priced at retail but the champagnes are just straight doodoo
sick.gif

indifferent.gif
i never cared for his reviews. champagnes in person are beautiful.

Videotaping does absolutely nothing. CC companies do not take it in as evidence and PP says video is editable, therefore, making it a moot point.

The solution? Sell on consignment. Let someone else take all the risk. You get a check, end of story.

I have given this thought for the future as well. How long do they sit. Consignment shops are safer, but I guess you can't dictate the price and negotiate.

when i pulled out both shoes I actually thought both were rubbish. 

I just couldn't put my finger on why I just straight up didn't like em

Back
Top Bottom