Jordan Retro XI 11/11/17

Which one?
IMG_20171112_110028_001.jpg

Put the two right next to each other and Jesus, the shape from just 2 years ago was completely different compared to now.

Attachments

• 20171111_183118_001.jpg
    20171111_183118_001.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 72
Man we’re spoiled nowadays :lol:

It's not really about being spoiled. I bought them on RD, but didn't wear them until about 2 years ago. The only comparisons I have to them were the 2000 retros that I have. I don't even have a gripe on the thickness of the PL (which is clearly obvious), but I noticed the white mesh gets dirtier faster and the PL fogs up and looks beat and cheap faster than I can recall compared to other XI's I've owned. The PL also creases faster on the 2011 Concords. My 2000 Concords have yet to crease in the PL which is crazy. I recently unDS'd my 09 SJ's due to what I know based off the 2011 concords, might as well wear those and not wear out my 2000 SJ. I refuse to buy any of the XI's from 09-12 because of this. I'm dying for a newer pair of blk/red XI's but I am NOT wasting money on the CDP version or the 2012 retro. I'd rather wait it out.

It’s ok. Stop copping XXXIIs and maybe you can go on vacation
lol believe it or not, my comment had nothing to do with yours. was for someone else who just got back. typed at same time as yours.just a coincidence. enjoy your shoes bro ! and im leaving next week for 5mts in my florida condo. dont do winter

lol believe it or not, my comment had nothing to do with yours. was for someone else who just got back. typed at same time as yours.just a coincidence. enjoy your shoes bro ! and im leaving next week for 5mts in my florida condo. dont do winter
See I don’t have it like that though :lol:. Can’t stand the winter either

It's not really about being spoiled. I bought them on RD, but didn't wear them until about 2 years ago. The only comparisons I have to them were the 2000 retros that I have. I don't even have a gripe on the thickness of the PL (which is clearly obvious), but I noticed the white mesh gets dirtier faster and the PL fogs up and looks beat and cheap faster than I can recall compared to other XI's I've owned. The PL also creases faster on the 2011 Concords. My 2000 Concords have yet to crease in the PL which is crazy. I recently unDS'd my 09 SJ's due to what I know based off the 2011 concords, might as well wear those and not wear out my 2000 SJ. I refuse to buy any of the XI's from 09-12 because of this. I'm dying for a newer pair of blk/red XI's but I am NOT wasting money on the CDP version or the 2012 retro. I'd rather wait it out.

Repped. I tried to explain this before and dudes were just blindly defending. The new 11s still get hard creases unfortunately.
I actually have been picking up the 00 set and selling the new ones

Repped. I tried to explain this before and dudes were just blindly defending. The new 11s still get hard creases unfortunately.
I actually have been picking up the 00 set and selling the new ones

C'mon man, guys like us know the drill on NT at this point :lol:. I still have occasional internal debates on whether to pick up the SJ from last year, but with the 00, and 09's, I figure why waste money on a third pair at this point with (almost) 2 perfectly good pairs of SJ? I haven't held the 16 SJ in hand to determine the quality, but I've seen that PL thickness and it's enough to ward me off, even with the higher cut. I know the Concords are coming back next year, and that's a different story :lol:. That 2000 set is appreciated more and more, especially the XI, which I am realizing might actually be one of the GOAT shoes because of it's durability and versatility when it comes to restoration. The midsole is legendary imo :lol:.

Reactions: Ube
Niketown in Soho still have sizes left when I went in there this morning

Also received shipping info from DSG yesterday afternoon. Should arrived by this wednesday

I️ feel it. It’s just crazy to think how popular the shoe was then. And now with the new cut they don’t look as good. Kinda like with the 1s. I️ can barely get myself to wear a jump man 1 now. Sometimes I️ think to myself man we got some good shoes that have come out recently :nthat:

How does one go about trying to trade ? Haven’t bought 11s in a while and the 8 is kinda snug
If u have a consignment shop close they usually do trades but charge unfortunately
Or maybe u could stock locate from the store u purchased from?

You're in no danger of those crumbling. Newest shoe I've heard of separation issues happening with are the original AZGs.

Back
Top Bottom