Jordan Skateshoe Confirmed!!!

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

There's no way I see JB putting enough value in these shoes for serious skaters to give them a sincere look. Skaters DESTROY their shoes in a month, and you won't find a kid in the nation willing to spend $100 on a Jordan skate shoe that only offers minimal tech when they can get a trusty Half Cab for half the price.

The shoe will cost $65 apparently...But that's just what they are saying now so who knows really...

If they look good, have good support and is under $70, I might cop. If it's anywhere near $100
smh.gif
. My High Sk8 and Half Cab Vans aredoing fine for me.

It's not like JB going to put dedicating into the skate shoe anyway. But JB saying is III inspired put a little more faith in me because the IIIs is kindagood to skate in.

Looks like I'm one of the few that is actually excited about this. Skateboarding is in style and JB is expanding their market. I'm not a skater but Icopped a pair of J-Rods last year and I love them. So lets see what comes out...it might be hot. Gentry said Stevie Williams has input on the project, how canit go wrong?

good point BH I see this years ago...when I think of it I get nostalgic and want to see certain skaters at specific locations and time in skateboarding, all ofthe east coast when it blew up, SF, LA, no San Diego. Pep, chris hall, reese, Huf, Keenan, Hickey, Harold, Daher, Gonz, Lee, SPOT residents, Howell andUE...imagine Carroll in some 1's or Guy, Rudy and Paulo. Before the million dollar contracts, mansions, and TV shows. When we were broke, hated and livingin cars, couches, and cells. The only shoes I would EVER put on my feet were half cabs and if 1's were around those too. Blender made 1's official likeGall did with 1/2 cabs. I'm an old man...

This could be bad.

Any of you OG skaters should remember The Bones Brigade "The Search for Animal Chin". Tony Hawk, Steve Caballero, Lance Mountain, Tommy Guerrero, andMike McGill all rocked the Air Jordan I. That's when I really caught my first glimpse of the shoe and went
eek.gif
Now if JB and Powell Peralta did some type of collabo to commemorate that, Iwould be mad geeked. I use to always skate in hi-top Pumas, Cons, and black Nikes. I was always on the hunt for Jordan Is at the swapmeets coz Ebay orNiketalk didnt exist yet, lol.
laugh.gif

I can't believe people are upset about this....I think it's great they're expanding to skateboarding. Jordan Brand has expanded to football,baseball, motorbike....why not Skateboarding?

Rumor has it that Antwaun Dixon is going to join the team as well. It seems though that he's pretty happy on Supra.

Originally Posted by FLIPCYDE23

Jordan Brand has expanded to football, baseball, motorbike....why not Skateboarding?
Michael has active interests in those sports and interactions w/ existing team athletes. He was fanatical about baseball growing up and rides asoften as he can on the race track.

When was the last time Michael was hyped to catch a skate demo?

A theme to consider JB.....

Would Michael...?

JB pretty much thinks they're untouchable now since a large majority of hypebeasts cop anything with that Jumpman symbol on it. If these sell well...itwill not surprise me.
indifferent.gif

mad.gif
smh im very disappointed this is just another bad call by JB and i alwaysthought the spiz'ikes was a bad call
smh.gif

Originally Posted by fonkee1

Any of you OG skaters should remember The Bones Brigade "The Search for Animal Chin". Tony Hawk, Steve Caballero, Lance Mountain, Tommy Guerrero, and Mike McGill all rocked the Air Jordan I. That's when I really caught my first glimpse of the shoe and went
eek.gif
Now if JB and Powell Peralta did some type of collabo to commemorate that, I would be mad geeked. I use to always skate in hi-top Pumas, Cons, and black Nikes. I was always on the hunt for Jordan Is at the swapmeets coz Ebay or Niketalk didnt exist yet, lol.
laugh.gif

I rocked Jordan 1's to skate in for probably 4-5 years and then moved on to Converse Con's because they had more padding around the ankle. This isthe reason I got hyped on Jordans and started buying the 3's, 4's and 5's. I'm surprised JB hasn't put our a skate shoe yet. They make themfor every other sport, why not?

Originally Posted by TW3EK

whats wrong wit jb makin a skate shoe? theyre a SHOE company... not basketball shoes... SHOES...

and who the hell would jordan get to endorse some damn golf cleats? tiger is the only one people care about and nike has him... and Jordan's golf game aint marketable... lol

yall just selfish... gentry had a good idea for once... how many different basketball shoes can u make?!

1. last time i checked
Jumpman_logo.jpg
this logo was holding a basketball...
grin.gif

2. how da hell you question "how many basketball shoes" can you make
laugh.gif
...last time i checked jordan didn't become famous by doin a ollie....

i still give people
indifferent.gif
when they call nike dunk's anythingbut a basketball shoe...

skateboarding is an impact sport. anyone who has skated KNOWS how beat up your feet get. who better than JB to provide sneakers for skaters.

think about it. not just from a style standpoint, but from a comfort and support standpoint as well.

The Jumpman logo goes beyond basketball...Its a symbol of greatness in my opinion...whether it be baseball, football, soccer or yea even skateboarding...

Nike SB- Grassroots skateshops, Gino, Reese, Danny, Richard (no one had heard of these dudes outside the skate world before NSB) Grassroots skaters= StreetCred= Success

JB- Ryan Sheckler + Zumiez = Gimmick= Pure disaster

Nike has obviously forgotten about their first foray into skateboarding.

I honestly hope this turns the skate world back against Nike. What a bunch of %#%%+## clows.
laugh.gif

My honest question is this. How can they continue to put out this horrid of ++#$? The garbage !%+ colorways go on sale. The OG colorways and some retro+'sget eaten up. Why can't they realize this, ++#$ econ 101. At first I thought they were protecting the longevity of the brand, gotta keep people waiting.They've proved that notion to be completely wrong. I'd love to have this answered. Did they really think Brown/Pink AJ VIII low were going to sell? Ican't match for ++#$ and don't have a marketing degree, but I could have informed them that would not be a successful shoe.

Talk about being absolutely pathetic as a brand. You've gone from top of the hill...to bottom of the heap. The past is the only thing keeping this brandalive, and that's a real real sad state. Honestly, if you ask me, they should merge back under the Nike umbrella. They haven't done anything groundbreaking since they left. And even that was riding the reputation that Nike had built up. Any shoe other than the game shoe has failed miserably. This brand isa wrap. Quit making new ++#$, because it's all just that, ++#$. Quit at the 23. Take a hint from converse, ride the old stuff, make em like people wantthem, have enough faith in your previous designs. It's not about being exclusive, it's not about new colors. It's about the damn shoe, it'sfresh period, no need to "Tinker" with it.

JB is just like a trust fund baby. They got lots of daddy's money, and they though they could make more, they thought they knew how to invest, they putmoney into new stock, it bombed. They realized they sucked at investing on their own, so they tried to be like daddy, took some of daddy's old stock tipsand tried to put them into new stocks, but just couldn't make it right. Pretty soon they're gonna have to go back to 'ol pops and say, you wereright, I suck at this, hand the keys back over to daddy and let him do it right

wow those 6 rings look hella ugly in those layouts. I prefer the spizike over that mess. But who knows maybe they will look a lil better in person. Or in somebetter pics.

jordan brand keeps claiming authenticity, but this smells like nothing more than a money move... with so many cats on SBs and Vans/ skinny pant Skater gear, JBdon't wanna be left behind

Back
Top Bottom