Jordan Team 1 retro 2014

What Magic33 Magic33 said ...
We still had some XIIs in my FTL, and were selling the XIIIs when these were on walls back in the day.
Dudes would buy all the above, but the Teams were mostly for balling. At least where I lived.
In fact, I wore two non-numbered JB products for hooping: The Team One and the Jumpman Pro.

I had the originals to play in for sure. EJ wore 'em so I was cool with it
smile.gif

You are right again, btw I watched this video as well, have to say back in those days you buy the team models just because of two reasons - Your parents, or you, don't have enough money for the real model - or you just buying them like you said to play in them, if you want to be loyal to the brand. 

Yep, one of those sneakers where your mom would see how much the real Jordan's cost, and then the salesman would say, well these are Jordan's too.

And you're looking like :\ at homeboy for setting you up for the okey doke. In your head you're trying to think of ways you can play it off in school.

Eddie Jones is my favorite player so I got these.

Last edited:
^So true, they used to laugh at kids rocking the team models. 

You had to be wearing them for basketball only.

I just watched Nightwing's video and found it sort of funny. Nobody picked Team Models because they wanted too.

I like those black and whites, but I don't like the way the white gets dirty. I hate that about 9's.

That black and red pair would be perfect for the gym though :nerd:

Yo, these were the basketball camp shoe of choice :lol: :pimp:

If you were wearing a pair of 12's in basketball camp, you were THE MAN. Cause everyones parents were buying these for kids. Half my team had these :lol:

Yep, one of those sneakers where your mom would see how much the real Jordan's cost, and then the salesman would say, well these are Jordan's too.

And you're looking like
ohwell.gif
at homeboy for setting you up for the okey doke. In your head you're trying to think of ways you can play it off in school.

Eddie Jones is my favorite player so I got these.
LoL, exactly! - I really love EJ, he is the best!!! Kids be like - Ahamm...

I had the originals to play in for sure. EJ wore 'em so I was cool with it
smile.gif
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
 at people saying we got these because we couldn't get the "real model" and we use to get picked on for these ... that is totally wrong my friends... my moms use to buy me "the real models"  and i chose to get these because they were dope imo and nobody ever clowned me for having them..

Last edited:

I had the originals to play in for sure. EJ wore 'em so I was cool with it :smile:
View media item 880816
:smokin

:lol:  at people saying we got these because we couldn't get the "real model" and we use to get picked on for these ... that is totally wrong my friends... my moms use to buy me "the real models"  and i chose to get these because they were dope imo and nobody ever clowned me for having them..

Psh, where I stayed, if you didn't have the joints Mike was wearing, you was a lame.

Had to beg for the signature models. Got these because either my moms didn't want to pay full price for the sigs at the time, or I needed them for basketball.

You must have lived in the twilight zone as a kid or something. :lol: Cause my neighborhood was rough with the jokes on kids with Team J's...

Last edited:
Psh, where I stayed, if you didn't have the joints Mike was wearing, you was a lame.

Had to beg for the signature models. Got these because either my moms didn't want to pay full price for the sigs at the time, or I needed them for basketball.

You must have lived in the twilight zone as a kid or something. :lol: Cause my neighborhood was rough with the jokes on kids with Team J's...

Exactly, some people might have sightly different experiences .

But in general team Jordan's were thought of exactly like we think of Team Jordan's, CP3's and Dub Zero's now.

nah, i never lived in the twilight zone, but i did have "the real models " too .. i also had a couple derek jeters, and the first randy moss.. i guess iv'e always just bought what i liked 

Last edited:
FYI: even FNL store employees have no information regarding this release although they did advise me that sometimes Nike sends them a certain amount of stock to see if they can sell em all and if so they go ahead and fully release them, guess its a waiting game for in store stock

I def can see both arguments, it was about the latest and greatest back then lol You were teased for old Jordan's if you were lucky enough for your parents to buy them for you. I will say these were always nice to me, I viewed them the same way as a numbered Jordan, the first few team Jordan's were simply new Jordan's to me. I chose the team 2s over Jordan 14s, I regreted it but I did do it lol

nah, i never lived in the twilight zone, but i did have "the real models " too .. i also had a couple derek jeters, and the first randy moss.. i guess iv'e always just bought what i liked 

Nah, that just meant you were "that man" at school :lol:

Nobody picked on you if you got all the sigs too. But if you had nothing but Team J's, kids were ruthless on the playground/blacktop. I seen kids not even get picked for basketball cause of their kicks.

The Super Freaks were tuff though. I think those came out around middle school. Everyone had those cause those were Moss' shoe and he was the man. Just like Iversons and when the Vicks dropped. They weren't MJ, but it was cool to have their shoes. Despite the brand.

And then it depends on how old you were when these joints dropped. I was 9 years old. So you already know how that goes. Kids are little demons with the insults. If you didn't have what Mike was wearing, you were getting clowned on the bus.

I only liked these because of basketball camp memories. If I wasn't hooping, I probably wouldn't have had them. But I grew to love them as the season went on.

I love the model too, just because of the history and nostalgic reasons, but definitely was hard to pull those out back in the day, regardless, today I have no issue rocking them with pleasure, I wear what I like. 

Who else is waiting on a shipping confirmation from fnl from ysterday ? 
nerd.gif
I am. For some reason, my card won't work on the FNL site so everytime I want something from FNL I have to order through the phone. Dunno if that makes a difference though.

Last edited:
I bought a pair yesterday late in the morning, got shipping conf this morning. Will be the only pair of Jordans I own now 0] :pimp: I didn't buy them or the other team shoes(liked the Jumpman Pro and Pro quick though) back then because I bought the numbered pairs and almost all the apparel the day JB was launched so money was tight for those. They looked great with black socks seeing the Cincy Bearcats wearing them during the NCAA tourney so they were on the back burner if I had the chance to get them later. Jordan Brand phased out long long time ago for me so everything JB wasn't on my mind. Fast forward to now, with the retro of black/white Gloves and now these it just brought me back to how it was in the past. Being able to buy them easily and with discount drew me in too lol. Black laces going in as soon as they come in.

Edler Tweeted that "The next Jumpman Team 1 arriving at Finish Line will be the White/Infrared 23/Dark Concord in April."
(I'm done with Team Ones now, but in case anyone wants to know what's up next.)
:nerd:

Edler Tweeted that "The next Jumpman Team 1 arriving at Finish Line will be the White/Infrared 23/Dark Concord in April."
(I'm done with Team Ones now, but in case anyone wants to know what's up next.)
nerd.gif
I assume that is these?

Back
Top Bottom