Jordan V Laney 2013-Modern Notoriety "Confirmed"

Camping for these?? WHY? This is a GR ain't it?

No need to order these from windycitysole or any other place charging over retail. Several online retailers should be selling these on release date.
Hmmm i hear you but doesnt everything sell out within 1 second online? Ppl in my area are going to kill for these. In a perfect world I would be able to get them on RD. Maybe youre right and i should wait.

Camping for these?? WHY? This is a GR ain't it?

No need to order these from windycitysole or any other place charging over retail. Several online retailers should be selling these on release date.
Yes you have to "camp" for GRs sometimes, sadly nothing new.

No offense, but anyone who camping for a GR Jordan is just very new to the game or doesn't know the concept of networking 

Yea I never bought Jordan's before(camping or online) I just like the color on these 5's. Advice?

It depends on what area your in if you're in a populated area, getting raffles at multiple spots should be fine

Yea I never bought Jordan's before(camping or online) I just like the color on these 5's. Advice?

subscribe to this thread.
Bookmark links that are given.
Find out about the uk sites releasing these. Follow footlocker, finishline, ndc, footaction on twitter.
Make friends with people that work at these national chains.
make calls to these stores closer to release day.
Find out about low key local mom n pop shops that have jordan accounts.

So many options.

Call or ask around at your local stores to find out what their release procedure is. I have a champs sports by me that does "guaranteed" tickets the Monday before release. Store may vary in your area.. But I have only heard of these being a general release as well. Usually there is no need to "camp" for a GR. As long as you are at your store or online around the time they release they will be obtainable. It does depend on your area how long they will last, the Black Tongue 5 that came out in August was in some stores days after release.

Thanks for the great advice im going to ask around and follow those sites on Twitter. I live in Downey, Ca. Hopefully it'll be quick and easy

Or many someone who camps doesn't care long as they get they pair... Why hate on someone going for what they want just because you obtain yours differently

Or many someone who camps doesn't care long as they get they pair... Why hate on someone going for what they want just because you obtain yours differently

What are you even talking about, no one said they wanted to camp. One guy was talking about preordering over retail to secure a pair. It's really not that serious on a GR.

What are you even talking about, no one said they wanted to camp. One guy was talking about preordering over retail to secure a pair. It's really not that serious on a GR.
I think he was referring to someone who said that anyone who camps for a GR these days is either new to the game or isn't good at networking and some other people might have said something along those lines. But I think its alright to say that people have different ways of copping kicks whether camping, ordering online, or having a connect. The only thing that's important is getting your pair! :smile:

SeanDon is right. AG you can't go off of if it's a GR or limit if the demand is high they will sell out anyway depending on where you live.

SeanDons last sentences sums it up

Well, you can understand why your comment could be misleading, the quote feature helps distinguish who comments are directed at. I don't have a problem with how ppl get their kicks, and obviously the availability varies by the area. But a GR is what it is unless we are talking about Concords or something of that magnitude. The bottom line is, there are people who are not familiar with how these releases go. Camping would be the last option I would ever suggest to anyone unless for a high profile shoe. I'm sure some would find it enjoyable to camp, I don't, it's usually more hassle than its worth. The best info you can have is local retailer's release procedures and be ready.

Time is Money. You campout for a GR release you not only spent the $ to pay for the overpriced shoes but you spent precious time that didn't need to be spent sitting outside of a store for several hours. That was simply my point. There are so many avenues via online that you can use to buy a GR Jordan that beats camping out. If you fail using all of the available online options, then you either have an incredibly slow internet connection or you just didn't try and probably don't deserve to have them. Unless its something crazy like the Concords, obtaining a GR online is NOT difficult. The Laneys don't have anywhere near the hype of something like the Concords.

Time is Money. You campout for a GR release you not only spent the $ to pay for the overpriced shoes but you spent precious time that didn't need to be spent sitting outside of a store for several hours. That was simply my point. There are so many avenues via online that you can use to buy a GR Jordan that beats camping out. If you fail using all of the available online options, then you either have an incredibly slow internet connection or you just didn't try and probably don't deserve to have them. Unless its something crazy like the Concords, obtaining a GR online is NOT difficult. The Laneys don't have anywhere near the hype of something like the Concords.
I'm kind of new to the online buying thing. I've always kept away from it because of the horror stories of not being able to "add to cart" What are some good online options? Pre sale?

I need to camp for these?
These questions already? Too early...

mean.gif

I'm aware how to use quote feature but thanks. I just don't like using it when I comment via mobile that's all.

Dreamteam we clearly have different views of camping. Time is money but IMO any other method is more of a hassle. This is probably because I'm in the military and "camping" for a couple of hours is nothing to me If I want something. Also the cons of getting your shoes in hand vs online is you can inspect before you leave the store and have them the day of Rd. Most stores are fcfs and not every GR has to be concord crazy to sell out fast. The grapes were a Gr and if you tried waking up a hour before stores opened to go get where I'm from you would be without a pair. All I'm saying is that just because you camp out doesn't mean your new or anything just able to adjust to the current state of the sneaker culture.

I'm aware how to use quote feature but thanks. I just don't like using it when I comment via mobile that's all.

Dreamteam we clearly have different views of camping. Time is money but IMO any other method is more of a hassle. This is probably because I'm in the military and "camping" for a couple of hours is nothing to me If I want something. Also the cons of getting your shoes in hand vs online is you can inspect before you leave the store and have them the day of Rd. Most stores are fcfs and not every GR has to be concord crazy to sell out fast. The grapes were a Gr and if you tried waking up a hour before stores opened to go get where I'm from you would be without a pair. All I'm saying is that just because you camp out doesn't mean your new or anything just able to adjust to the current state of the sneaker culture.
I can't disagree with you on the "shoe inspection" perks of buying in person, that's a definite plus. But standing in line for "a couple of hours" isn't camping in my opinion. I just consider that standing in line. Once you start hitting 5+ hours is what I consider "camping." And that I would NEVER do for a GR.  But Grapes IMO were not hard at all to get. I literally could've grabbed multiple pairs of those on release date and there were several online spots that had them well after release date for retail or a few buck over retail well after the release date. Black Grapes were a different story though.

Last edited:
Glad we came to some type of agreement. Don't remember my last time waiting 5 hours or more besides galaxy weekend. Smh still bad memories with that lol

Back
Top Bottom