Jordan V Laney 2013-Modern Notoriety "Confirmed"

Laneys were wack then and they're wack now...the revisionist history kills me. i bet mocha 3s are your grails too?
There is no revisionist history going on here, no one cares that these weren't flying off the shelves 13 years ago and no one is saying that they were. I was 9 years old when these first released, it's not my fault people slept on them back then. They look cool today and that's all that matters, I'd cop them even if they were a brand new colorway.

So let me get this straight, just cause I like a shoe that sat the last time they released, I'm a "beast"?

:lol:

Some of these guys have had their noses so high they can't even think straight.

Staright foolery to the tenth degree.

:smh:

So let me get this straight, just cause I like a shoe that sat the last time they released, I'm a "beast"?

:lol:

Some of these guys have had their noses so high they can't even think straight.

Staright foolery to the tenth degree.

:smh:

I think people who are fairly new to this put these on a pedestal, whereas people like me who witnessed mostly everything during the retro craze from 99 - now, really put these at the bottom of the totem pole.

And I still do. These are not that big of a deal to me. Just speaking honestly.

LIke them and they're a decent colorway, but just like most releases, things get a lot more interesting if there aren't a lot of pairs floating around.

Wouldn't mind having a pair for regular wear though.

Yeah I never liked these and V's are my favorite J's.
I'll be passing on these. Let the young guys have them.

I think people who are fairly new to this put these on a pedestal, whereas people like me who witnessed mostly everything during the retro craze from 99 - now, really put these at the bottom of the totem pole.

And I still do. These are not that big of a deal to me. Just speaking honestly.

Ok, respect.

But it was the same folks saying that about this past Olive 9 release.

All in all I will try and cop these because I like them.

Just wonder if JB will keep the 23 on them.

On this c/w I actually like it.

Ok, respect.

Im not usually a fan of the 23 but to me it only really looks good on this colorway...
Same deal with the tumbled leather.. these will look soooo weird with no 23 and the new "leather" of recent 5 releases

One of my favorite jordans (dont yell at me lol) hope these come out with the tumbled leather, haven't had a pair since 05-06.

Besides cool grey 11s what retro+ color even sold before nubuck 12s? Laneys are the best non-og color imo

Ok, respect.

Yeah, this is the Olive 9 all over again. :lol:

But I'm in no way knocking the hell out of anyone who loves these. It's just weird how things change in a decade.

By the way, I usually hate the "23" on the heel but for some reason, they go really well with this colorway. Hopefully JB keeps the tumbled leather on them.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is the Olive 9 all over again.
laugh.gif

But I'm in no way knocking the hell out of anyone who loves these. It's just weird how things change in a decade.

By the way, I usually hate the "23" on the heel but for some reason, they go really well with this colorway. Hopefully JB keeps the tumbled leather on them.
This shoe isn't necessarily marketed toward older cats like me and you. I'm damn near 30 and these don't do it for me but my little brother who is 20 loves them. It's an age thing IMO. The little shorties we used to see running around with snotty noses are now grown and buying J's to. You can see the same thing happening in music. I hate the current rap scene. I'm more of a Wu-Tang 90's head but my little brother is into Gucci Mane type ish.

I do not understand why there's a hype for these. I wish they came back with the green bean Vs. My pair got beat so bad :smh:

to all the ppl saying how they sat on shelves and knocking the ppl who want them... WHO CARES. raging bulls sat olives 9s sat most jordans sat most ppl said they miss the old days going in the store cuz they didnt sell out blah blah blah but when a shoe comes out and your not excited about it you mention how it didnt sell so wel.... ohh the contradictions

But if your not knocking anybody and just stated a fact thats different. Anyone can take this how they want to.

Last edited:
to all the ppl saying how they sat on shelves and knocking the ppl who want them... WHO CARES. raging bulls sat olives 9s sat most jordans sat most ppl said they miss the old days going in the store cuz they didnt sell out blah blah blah but when a shoe comes out and your not excited about it you mention how it didnt sell so wel.... ohh the contradictions

But if your not knocking anybody and just stated a fact thats different. Anyone can take this how they want to.

Where Raging Bulls pack sit at? :lol:

everyone who says they will pass now.. but come release date.. they gonna b first in line. dont believe me? just watch!

everyone who says they will pass now.. but come release date.. they gonna b first in line. dont believe me? just watch!

Nope. Tons of people will pass on these

But times have changed, the are so many consumers now than 13 years ago it doesn't make a difference, they will sell out regardless.

Back
Top Bottom