jordan VI black/red nubuck to leather conversion

Originally Posted by eddo1005

one day, someone is going to be making a pair of jordan from scratch. Maybe that what jb should do, put out a make-it-yourself kit. "Jordan 6 Black Infrared w/ Durabuck do-it-yourself-kit." Disclaimer would be "not responsible for crap looking shoe afterward, but hey its durabuck though
happy.gif
"

roll.gif

one day, someone is going to be making a pair of jordan from scratch. Maybe that what jb should do, put out a make-it-yourself kit. "Jordan 6 Black Infrared w/ Durabuck do-it-yourself-kit." Disclaimer would be "not responsible for crap looking shoe afterward, but hey its durabuck though
happy.gif
"

roll.gif

happy.gif
"

roll.gif

happy.gif
"

roll.gif

happy.gif
"

roll.gif

Looks like a pair of fakes, no need to ruin a perfectly good pair, but its your money so whatever.

Looks like a pair of fakes, no need to ruin a perfectly good pair, but its your money so whatever.

happy.gif
"

roll.gif

happy.gif
"

roll.gif

why would you put leather?? the OGs were 3M and durabuck, which explains the shine...not leather

EDIT: forgot to add the AND, dudes thinking i meant 3m durabuck....
tired.gif

why would you put leather?? the OGs were 3M and durabuck, which explains the shine...not leather

EDIT: forgot to add the AND, dudes thinking i meant 3m durabuck....
tired.gif

Originally Posted by sincere

RETROS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE EXACT DUPLICATES.   
sure, and yet everyone still complains about "it has a Jumpman instead of a Nike Air
frown.gif
"
and all the "the shaping is off, they got it wrong, they dont look like the same as they used to, they ruined em
mad.gif
"
and all that whining about how they SHOULD look like exact duplicates... boo freakin hoo. hate em or love em, buy em or dont buy em, after u buy em they're yours, do wat you want to em. i personally like these

Originally Posted by sincere

RETROS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE EXACT DUPLICATES.   
sure, and yet everyone still complains about "it has a Jumpman instead of a Nike Air
frown.gif
"
and all the "the shaping is off, they got it wrong, they dont look like the same as they used to, they ruined em
mad.gif
"
and all that whining about how they SHOULD look like exact duplicates... boo freakin hoo. hate em or love em, buy em or dont buy em, after u buy em they're yours, do wat you want to em. i personally like these

I think it would look better on the infrareds.
It seems as if the suede is better on those than the varsity reds.

I think it would look better on the infrareds.
It seems as if the suede is better on those than the varsity reds.

Originally Posted by super23freak

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

cool project, doesn't look too good though....

co-sign

yeah, the OG's weren't that shiny... they've obviously aged.
i wouldn't be in a hurry to age my Jordan's.

Yeah, durabuck tends to look shiny when its aged. I have some OG VIII's and they're shiny just like that. So.....you might be a little confused? HAHA! But hey. Do you. If you like how it looks, thats cool.

co-sign

Yeah, durabuck tends to look shiny when its aged. I have some OG VIII's and they're shiny just like that. So.....you might be a little confused? HAHA! But hey. Do you. If you like how it looks, thats cool.

co-sign

co-sign

Good effort on trying to make your shoe look like how you want it to look. Most wont be satisfied unless its 100% OG. I give you props for going through with it and enjoying the shoes.(you must if you posted pics)

Good effort on trying to make your shoe look like how you want it to look. Most wont be satisfied unless its 100% OG. I give you props for going through with it and enjoying the shoes.(you must if you posted pics)

I don't think these look that bad at all. Definitely not as good as the originals, but not bad for something someone attempted themselves (not factory). The reason it looks messed up is because now the ashy looking Nubuck used on the rest of the shoe REALLY looks like crap/out of place by comparison. I think it's a good start, and has potential, but I don't know what else you could do to make the rest of the leather look right.

What exactly was the procedure for this conversion?

I don't think these look that bad at all. Definitely not as good as the originals, but not bad for something someone attempted themselves (not factory). The reason it looks messed up is because now the ashy looking Nubuck used on the rest of the shoe REALLY looks like crap/out of place by comparison. I think it's a good start, and has potential, but I don't know what else you could do to make the rest of the leather look right.

What exactly was the procedure for this conversion?

Back
Top Bottom