jordan VI black/red nubuck to leather conversion

From all the searching on Google it seems that Durabuck is actually a "leather-look" material. Meaning sythetic man made fake leather. So his pair has smoething the OG's back dont, leather. And all the items I found that were made from durabuck did have shine to them.

From all the searching on Google it seems that Durabuck is actually a "leather-look" material. Meaning sythetic man made fake leather. So his pair has smoething the OG's back dont, leather. And all the items I found that were made from durabuck did have shine to them.

Originally Posted by eltouha

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Also I found that you can buy 3m reflective tape and put em on the inside of the shoe so you can have that "OG Look" ...Now I'm a huge huge huge fan of the OG Infrared and I just wish JB brought em out like how they originally were but that aint gonna happen. So I give this guy lots of credit to modify his shoe to make it look better to his standard. - clap clap

heres pic of the tape and you can buy em online at amazon for cheap

someone plz try dis n see how it looks.....if it works well them put instructions so i kno wat to do. i never modified my shoes before so i aint mesin em up.. PLZ SDUMONE DO THIS

instructions? really, it aint rocket science.
1- buy reflective tape
2- find where it is missing (clue: inside the holes)
3- apply tape to that area both outside the inner booty and by making a small incision in the inner sides.
4- mend any incision and you're done

i reckon this would be easier than the pain of applying paints

well like i said in case it was missed i never modified before n dnt wanna mess up my shoes. wanna c how it looks b4 i do it

Originally Posted by eltouha

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Also I found that you can buy 3m reflective tape and put em on the inside of the shoe so you can have that "OG Look" ...Now I'm a huge huge huge fan of the OG Infrared and I just wish JB brought em out like how they originally were but that aint gonna happen. So I give this guy lots of credit to modify his shoe to make it look better to his standard. - clap clap

heres pic of the tape and you can buy em online at amazon for cheap

someone plz try dis n see how it looks.....if it works well them put instructions so i kno wat to do. i never modified my shoes before so i aint mesin em up.. PLZ SDUMONE DO THIS

instructions? really, it aint rocket science.
1- buy reflective tape
2- find where it is missing (clue: inside the holes)
3- apply tape to that area both outside the inner booty and by making a small incision in the inner sides.
4- mend any incision and you're done

i reckon this would be easier than the pain of applying paints

well like i said in case it was missed i never modified before n dnt wanna mess up my shoes. wanna c how it looks b4 i do it

anyone got clear pics of og vi's which show how far down the shoe the reflecting material went? from my recollection, it was inside all but the holes right near the front of the shoes.

and thinking about this, they might've removed the 3m to enhance breathability.

anyone got clear pics of og vi's which show how far down the shoe the reflecting material went? from my recollection, it was inside all but the holes right near the front of the shoes.

and thinking about this, they might've removed the 3m to enhance breathability.

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

Looks like a pair of fakes, no need to ruin a perfectly good pair, but its your money so whatever.

They looked like that before he touched them. 
ohwell.gif

roll.gif

I don't see the similarity or why you would want to do it, but hey, it's your money

I don't see the similarity or why you would want to do it, but hey, it's your money

im not sure if thats something you would want to do with infrareds. such a bigger risk and just keep it on these. if anything, just paint these infrared.

....interesting attempt at "re-creating" a retro 91' version VI...but in all honesty, it doesn't look all that great...
ohwell.gif

im not sure if thats something you would want to do with infrareds. such a bigger risk and just keep it on these. if anything, just paint these infrared.

Back
Top Bottom