Jordan VII Cardinal 06/05/2011

Originally Posted by BigEli500

The price of the Air Jordan VII "Cardinal" will be $149.99 (150.00) USD.

Sounds a lot better. 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

^^^ still too much

I think someone will come in here on a high trip and talk about inflation 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We know these prices are based on the consumer's demand for the Jumpman logo.  

JB kept it "OG" with the prices back in the Golden era of 2000-2004. 

^^^ still too much

I think someone will come in here on a high trip and talk about inflation 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

JB kept it "OG" with the prices back in the Golden era of 2000-2004. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

^^^ still too much
But are they...really?

Maybe the XIs...but a rack of shoes from the signature line are still sitting.

So, yes it is too much. These are guaranteed to go down in price within weeks. No one is really going to buy these, just like last time. They sold, but still sat.

Bordeauxs may sell a bit better, but they'll still sit. Even if they stuck with the $125 MSRP, they would still sit, so I can't really fault JB for getting that extra $25 out of a shoe when they know their product isn't moving like that.

And I'm not referring to the IIIs, XIIIs, or XIs. Those will always sell. I mean the in-between sigs. I don't blame them, but $150 is too much.

Especially when I'll pick them up from the outlets for $70 in September.

^^^ still too much
But are they...really?

So, yes it is too much. These are guaranteed to go down in price within weeks. No one is really going to buy these, just like last time. They sold, but still sat.

Bordeauxs may sell a bit better, but they'll still sit. Even if they stuck with the $125 MSRP, they would still sit, so I can't really fault JB for getting that extra $25 out of a shoe when they know their product isn't moving like that.

And I'm not referring to the IIIs, XIIIs, or XIs. Those will always sell. I mean the in-between sigs. I don't blame them, but $150 is too much.

same here... I think I've worn my two or three times.
really can't believe they're coming out again... but then again, it's probably right on schedule.

same here... I think I've worn my two or three times.
really can't believe they're coming out again... but then again, it's probably right on schedule.

I would get the Cardinals, but its too many other shoes that I'm getting over these. That darn JB releasing all these shoes in 2011
30t6p3b.gif

I would get the Cardinals, but its too many other shoes that I'm getting over these. That darn JB releasing all these shoes in 2011
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

^^^ still too much
But are they...really?

You're right, they're overpriced, but you have to look at it from JB's standpoint.  There ARE people who will pay full price on RD, or very shortly after, so they're going to capitalize on that with the overinflated price.  If the prices have to drop later on, so what?  They just made that much more off the X amount of people who wanted them immediately (or worse yet, were afraid they'd sell out on RD
laugh.gif
) then they would have made had they started with a lower price right off the bat.  Those sales are a bonus for them.  THEN they'll get all the other sales from people who will only buy them once they're discounted.  It's a pretty common practice for most retail goods.  Milk the people who have to have a product immediately for excess profit, then drop to what should have been the original MSRP for a while.  Once you've milked that second wave of sales, you move to clearance pricing to get rid of what's left.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

^^^ still too much
But are they...really?

You're right, they're overpriced, but you have to look at it from JB's standpoint.  There ARE people who will pay full price on RD, or very shortly after, so they're going to capitalize on that with the overinflated price.  If the prices have to drop later on, so what?  They just made that much more off the X amount of people who wanted them immediately (or worse yet, were afraid they'd sell out on RD
laugh.gif
) then they would have made had they started with a lower price right off the bat.  Those sales are a bonus for them.  THEN they'll get all the other sales from people who will only buy them once they're discounted.  It's a pretty common practice for most retail goods.  Milk the people who have to have a product immediately for excess profit, then drop to what should have been the original MSRP for a while.  Once you've milked that second wave of sales, you move to clearance pricing to get rid of what's left.

Back
Top Bottom