Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

I always explain to people that reselling shoes etc is the poor man's stock market. Especially if you sit on things and wait to sell when time is right. Nature of the beast. Hate it but ppl will resell anything. Remember beanie babies and tickle me elmo...
Stocks have inherent value, though, in expected dividends. Sneakers are just speculation.

Na man it's more than just colorways. It's absolutely tied to production. Look at AM1 anniversary pairs this year. In March, they were super limited so everyone wanted a pair. The AM1 thread was overrun with people that had never worn an AM1 but had to have these so they needed sizing info. You had 12+ hour camps. Resell was $500+. Fast forward 6 months and they restock a ton of pairs and now only AM1 regulars care about them. A month after the release and some sites still have stock. Outlets got pairs. So I agree colorways matter, I think you're downplaying the role that exclusivity plays. Bottom line, there's a lot of f'n hypebeasts out there.

Perfect example, last week some dude in the OW thread asked if everyone got the OW tape on the box from Nike. He literally had no idea that all Nike boxes come with that striped tape. He literally thought it was OW. Why? Bc he's been on the boost is life hype train for the last few years but HAD to have the limited release of the moment, which happened to be Nike.

I love that method though. Build hype. Sell out make more. Ppl who missed out can grab with ease. I walked in to a niketown weeks after re release and they had them on the wall. I can't remember the last time I bought a shoe off the wall because they always ******* sell out day 1 or first weekend. So I try my best to cop the shoes I want on release date.

I also recently changed my shoe philosophy as well. Hypebeasts, need every CW, one of every silhouette, to each his own. I fall in to the quality over quantity crowd now. Selling off parts of my collection and only grabbing pairs I really want and honestly moving in to more "adult" shoes. Common projects, loafers, won't tips. You get older and tastes change. In my case, more expensive inadvertently

I love that method though. Build hype. Sell out make more. Ppl who missed out can grab with ease. I walked in to a niketown weeks after re release and they had them on the wall. I can't remember the last time I bought a shoe off the wall because they always ******* sell out day 1 or first weekend. So I try my best to cop the shoes I want on release date.

I also recently changed my shoe philosophy as well. Hypebeasts, need every CW, one of every silhouette, to each his own. I fall in to the quality over quantity crowd now. Selling off parts of my collection and only grabbing pairs I really want and honestly moving in to more "adult" shoes. Common projects, loafers, won't tips. You get older and tastes change. In my case, more expensive inadvertently
I'm the exact opposite. I don't do many new releases. Never put a yeezy/boost on my foot. Most of my chase is 10+ year old AM1. It's more collecting missing pieces than anything for me.

But yea I agree about the limited drop and then big restock. Pretty sure they've dropped Silver Bullets 4 times in the last 12 months and I'm ok with that.

If u rockin common projects jays are chump change :lol:

For them it's team never retail. Gotta know a guy when it's $400 sneakers. But when I wanna get those loafer and wing tips. My wallet gonna be crying. $500-$700

It's weird but I'll pay premium for dress shoes/italian leather. Last longer and can be re soled by the company so you never have to break in a new shoe.

Think they got shipped out of brooklyn

Edit: nvm. It was texas

Mine got shipped from Texas, I’m located in CA

In Florida and all of mine shipped from TX.

KAWS ships them. Comes from a warehouse in TX. Nike doesn't charge shipping. His website, his store, his warehouse.

They ship from tx B

In that case I’d say I got about half a day to hit this lick

028AA997-3698-4DFD-828C-03ECA7349D4E.gif

Calling all my Tx Nt’ers that’s down with the KAWS! Hit the pm for the meet up spot.

Bout to run up on Them warehouse workers like...

2F02C6D6-36C2-466F-8901-21EB535B7058.gif

Anyone else notice flight club put a pair up for retail? And shortly after did the same with a wotherspoon air max. Curious if anyone actually hit on that.

Almost checked out on the AM's but the price changed a second before I was actually done (from $160? to $1.5K lol). Clicked off with the quickness
Thats what I'm hearing is happening with the AM. I wasn't able to confirm on the kaws I was trying to add to cart but the site crashed.

Resell pay a lot of my dirty pleasures, i'm on my 20s what can I say a man gottta travel lol

Back
Top Bottom