Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

Resale is money for some people. That's their grind. They gotta put food on the table somehow. Reselling is their craft of choice.

I always explain to people that reselling shoes etc is the poor man's stock market. Especially if you sit on things and wait to sell when time is right. Nature of the beast. Hate it but ppl will resell anything. Remember beanie babies and tickle me elmo...

the only people who hate resale are the ones who haven't tried it yet.

I think thats how it goes

I don't live of resell but I use it to purchase the shoes I miss out on. I buy yeezys to fund Nikes. Plain and simple. It's nice when your not in to the hype and can sell to people that are. I'm sure people feel the same way about me with kobes haha

Looking like retail or bust. I really do hope that ppl resist the resell with this shoe and turn these in to brick for resellers. Let's change 'the game'. Buy shoes to wear them or keep them.

I'm tired of buying other releases to flip and get the shoes I want when I miss out cuz resellers hit the raffles I lose. Can we go back to phone orders for shoes? Or mail ins? Phone numbers in advance for pre orders? Something...
Agreed. It would be great if, say, you had to submit a tagged photo of the sneaker on foot within X days or else get charged current resale price on the card you copped with. Not the best, or even a plausible, idea, but I feel like technology should allow some method to verify that you still own the sneaker and haven't resold it.

I always explain to people that reselling shoes etc is the poor man's stock market. Especially if you sit on things and wait to sell when time is right. Nature of the beast. Hate it but ppl will resell anything. Remember beanie babies and tickle me elmo...

In some cases it’s better than stock your not getting 100% returns in a few hours in fact if you get 50% return it’s a good investment

If your consistent with rare pairs it’s better than stock.

This from a guy with 401k personal stock, mutual funds, and some rainy day little investments. All of those accounts well established.

Flipping 4 pair of yeezys definitely quick money compared to the time it takes compound interest to manifest.

when saved properly, resale $ does the following

- people open small businesses with resale money
- resale money buys things like sunrooms - outdoor fireplaces - hardwoods thru-out - bonus rooms - level 5 granite (when you're building a house)
- resale pays down debts
- resale pays off cars

I agree with all of this. However, if you take out the word resale and put in the word investing, the results would be exactly the same.

What happens if nike/Adidas burst the bubble and start meeting the demands of people. Or start taking preorders for shoes to get a better idea on production numbers? Then resell will crumble or take a huge hit.

Agreed. It would be great if, say, you had to submit a tagged photo of the sneaker on foot within X days or else get charged current resale price on the card you copped with. Not the best, or even a plausible, idea, but I feel like technology should allow some method to verify that you still own the sneaker and haven't resold it.
Unfortunately that’s illegal unless you agree to it and even then it would be an easy chargeback

I agree with all of this. However, if you take out the word resale and put in the word investing, the results would be exactly the same.

What happens if nike/Adidas burst the bubble and start meeting the demands of people. Or start taking preorders for shoes to get a better idea on production numbers? Then resell will crumble or take a huge hit.

Nike and adidas whole business model of streetware / sneaker game is predicated on two things

Hype shoes and GR’s

Make GR’s to pad the stats. Make a hype shoe limited to get the blogs talking. Free marketing basically.

In fact since trying to meet consumer demand Jordan brand is taking a L.(straight sitting) no one wants the shoe blogs and others aren’t hyping.

You could sell do do brown 2’s if only limited quantities made.

They plan to makes less shoes next year so start seeing resell on some basic A GR’s soon

Will it go back to mid 2010 when you could resell anything depends on how limited shoes become.

I remember the Jordan’s top 3’s

Everyone thought they were trash. The. Found out later A. They were limited B. Blogs and influencers started wearing them do (A).

Soon everyone wanted TOP 3’s. After the fact. Resell was good I ate well

nobody hated on resale more than me.

then I realized I had the opportunity to profit off my hobby to fund my hobby.

I don't feed my family with it. but It helps me buy other shoes.

also like many others who know or haven't realized yet, 75% of the fun in collecting sneakers is the chase.

so if I get my kicks off on the high of chasing a release and then turn money out of it either right away or later on when I no longer care about the shoe anymore...why not

Nike and adidas whole business model of streetware / sneaker game is predicated on two things

Hype shoes and GR’s

Make GR’s to pad the stats. Make a hype shoe limited to get the blogs talking. Free marketing basically.

In fact since trying to meet consumer demand Jordan brand is taking a L.(straight sitting) no one wants the shoe blogs and others aren’t hyping.

You could sell do do brown 2’s if only limited quantities made.

They plan to makes less shoes next year so start seeing resell on some basic A GR’s soon

Will it go back to mid 2010 when you could resell anything depends on how limited shoes become.

Jordan brand issue is pumping out terrible colorways of the same silhouettes and then being upset when they go to outlets. Make more of the shoes peope want. Plain and simple. The material cost isn't that much greater on premium pairs. If people want them they will sell. Make more pairs, make more money. Make less of pairs that sit.

Hype is great. Having shoes on everyone's feet that wants them is better.

I'm certain the future nike will have a way to vote or reserve in advance, pairs that will be released soon. So they can ramp up or throttle down production numbers. Most production runs take 2 months or so. Make a first run, if it sells out have ppl commit again then make another run of them and release 3 or 4 months later. Not this simple but answers are out there.

Is this an economics class or KAWS 4 thread?

So you wanna ask

Did my order get through?
Any one get a winning email?
how many pairs were made of the grey?
My card charged 0.00 did I win?
Said sold out when I enter I’m I in?

We in sneaker forum talking about sneakers B

It’s a raffle come back tomorrow around 11est so you can see who won.

Your not getting any info or special rumors. It’s waiting game

Jordan brand issue is pumping out terrible colorways of the same silhouettes and then being upset when they go to outlets. Make more of the shoes peope want. Plain and simple. The material cost isn't that much greater on premium pairs. If people want them they will sell. Make more pairs, make more money. Make less of pairs that sit.

I'm certain the future nike will have a way to vote or reserve in advance, pairs that will be released soon. So they can ramp up or throttle down production numbers. Most production runs take 2 months or so. Make a first run, if it sells out have ppl commit again then make another run of them and release 3 or 4 months later. Not this simple but answers are out there.

It’s known Nike (Jordan brand) having less shoes next year so that’s done.

No everyone having a pair doesn’t equal success cause tbh most don’t want the shoe everyone has.

Sneaker culture now is driven by the youth and with the explosion of social media it’s more about expressing likes and being special

Kids don’t want the shoe that sits and is lame (they logic). The chase the allure the hype. Sells shoes.

I think it’s stupid but it is what it is.

It’s known Nike (Jordan brand) having less shoes next year so that’s done.

No everyone having a pair doesn’t equal success cause tbh most don’t want the shoe everyone has.

Sneaker culture now is driven by the youth and with the explosion of social media it’s more about expressing likes and being special

Kids don’t want the shoe that sits and is lame (they logic). The chase the allure the hype. Sells shoes.

I think it’s stupid but it is what it is.

What's the store that makes you buy shoes and put them on to wear them out? We need more of them. If not to kill resell at least for the amazing videos of people duck walking out of the store then standing in socks on the sidewalk as they change back and try to clean the soles so they can be VVVNDS

Na man it's more than just colorways. It's absolutely tied to production. Look at AM1 anniversary pairs this year. In March, they were super limited so everyone wanted a pair. The AM1 thread was overrun with people that had never worn an AM1 but had to have these so they needed sizing info. You had 12+ hour camps. Resell was $500+. Fast forward 6 months and they restock a ton of pairs and now only AM1 regulars care about them. A month after the release and some sites still have stock. Outlets got pairs. So I agree colorways matter, I think you're downplaying the role that exclusivity plays. Bottom line, there's a lot of f'n hypebeasts out there.

Perfect example, last week some dude in the OW thread asked if everyone got the OW tape on the box from Nike. He literally had no idea that all Nike boxes come with that striped tape. He literally thought it was OW. Why? Bc he's been on the boost is life hype train for the last few years but HAD to have the limited release of the moment, which happened to be Nike.

I would never pay more than retail for anything... hell, I even draw the line at $150 for Jordans unless they are something exclusive that I really like (still have yet to cross that line though)... but I'll be honest, if I won these shoes (didn't enter the raffle, btw), I would sell them, simply because I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing something so valuable on my feet. I get mad enough ****ing up a GR pair. Plus I am perfectly happy with my Royalties, don't really need another black suede pair. If these were a GR I would probably cop, but I'm not about to jump through hoops and hurdles or pay more because it's not that serious to me. These shoes look cool but I wouldn't even say I was a fan of Kaws.

What's the store that makes you buy shoes and put them on to wear them out? We need more of them. If not to kill resell at least for the amazing videos of people duck walking out of the store then standing in socks on the sidewalk as they change back and try to clean the soles so they can be VVVNDS
Pretty sure that was Social Politics in Louisiana. And yea that was awesome.

Jordan brand and Kaws could have done better.

HOWEVER... Jordan Brand is in shambles currently, so I'm not surprised.

Unfortunately that’s illegal unless you agree to it and even then it would be an easy chargeback
Then you could do the reverse and charge people a premium upfront. Not going to happen, of course, but I hope someone more creative with more power than me is thinking about these things if they actually care about stopping resellers. It's like registering for a free event. It's often hard for organizers to predict yields for free events, if they don't host them regularly. So, I know some organizations that charge you $20 or whatever when you register online, but then you get refunded if you actually show up for the event.

Back
Top Bottom