Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

I knew a guy who had won 7 pairs of Hyperadapts from a Nike Draw at one of the Nike stores. All bogus emails and various sizes, same name.

Luckily stores don't allow those people to pick up multiples, if it's a shoe with (2) diff colors dropping same day they'll let you get one of each, but besides that the rest goes to the unclaimed pile.

But some of these email names are insane. 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

heard some spots are taxing 2k+ at the backdoor locations.  

Look I'm not one to complain too much about resellers, but one thing they did do is make the smaller shops compete.  

Not to defend the shops who do it either, but if you are a small shop that gets jammed with a ton of product you can't RTV, and people only coming in to buy the hype stuff, then you watch them sell it right in the parking lot for 2-10x the price...

I can't even be mad. Pay to play nowadays. 

I knew a guy who had won 7 pairs of Hyperadapts from a Nike Draw at one of the Nike stores. All bogus emails and various sizes, same name.

Luckily stores don't allow those people to pick up multiples, if it's a shoe with (2) diff colors dropping same day they'll let you get one of each, but besides that the rest goes to the unclaimed pile.

But some of these email names are insane. :smh: :lol:

so he couldnt come back and pick the other shoes up? Nike has to do better SMH!!!

so he couldnt come back and pick the other shoes up? Nike has to do better SMH!!!
How does Nike have to do better?

It's technically (1) per person, per name, per color. That's how it works. He ended up getting his (2) shoes cause he won one of each color way and the rest he forfeits. 

Sounds pretty good to me from a consumer side and store side. You know these boutiques disqualify you for multiple entries in the first place, at least he still was able to eat. 

How does Nike have to do better?

It's technically (1) per person, per name, per color. That's how it works. He ended up getting his (2) shoes cause he won one of each color way and the rest he forfeits. 

Sounds pretty good to me from a consumer side and store side. You know these boutiques disqualify you for multiple entries in the first place, at least he still was able to eat. 

they have to do better as in checking with multiple same names. They probably need to link billing addresses and void the multiples with the same billing address

they have to do better as in checking with multiple same names. They probably need to link billing addresses and void the multiples with the same billing address
Yeah I agree there needs to be a better process as far as determining how to limit the fake account / multiple entry names.

Thing is for in-store draws the Billing Address does not show, from what I've been told its just name, size, email, contact #. A billing address wouldn't necessarily work as a means for limiting multiple same names since it's in store pickup and you aren't being charged via the draw / shipping pairs etc.

Without a doubt people are paying 2K+. I actually see the price rising just a bit after release and everything is settled.

It's been said before but the Kaws name doesn't just bring out the sneaker people. Legit art fans like these as well.

I just dont get how these generated accounts for the draw allow people to pick up.  They all have the same names?  Info.?

I just dont get how these generated accounts for the draw allow people to pick up.  They all have the same names?  Info.?
Same name, same phone number, different emails since you need different emails to create an account, and then whatever sizes they selected.

It truly is a draw, there isn't like an employee going through entries and selecting winners based on name and size. I believe it is all automated deciding who gets selected.

I remember on IG one of the sellers who would sell Just Don Hats would do a raffle for his followers, you'd pay to enter and then he would put the names in this app and the app would randomize the names like in raffle form and select an order of who gets the top slot and so on and so on. I wonder if Nike uses that same process / app ?
nerd.gif

As far as Kaws collabs with nike/jordan go, I'd rank em AF1>AJ4>AM90 current.

Last edited:
Looking to trade one of my extra pairs of frags for these Sz 12, after the hype settles and Nike releases the other kaws 4 colorways, I think these should settle around 1200-1600

What other Kaws 4 colorways are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom