Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

... People can set themselves up to fail if they want it's no 
See its sad how people wanna keep trying to twist every word buddy says & keep telling him what they feel is best? He's saying he's content where he is right now in he's life & i can't understand what's so wrong w/that? Now myself I been w/ the same girl for quite a while & we're planning to get married @ some point down the road, upon which yeah of course we'll get a house. But like buddy, as for now I have no reason to straight up roll out on my FAM cause a group of supposed sneakerheads told me to.... I just had an idea let's quit judging how others live & return to talking bout kicks..etc..
People can live how they want, and honestly it won't make me salty. Personally, I do see living at home as losing to some extent. I moved out when I was 19 and that's it... Made me more independent, and I appreciated each pair of kicks that much more after I moved out. Living at home as an adult ultimately shelters you from some of the realities of adulthood, and gives you an excuse to make frivolous purchases when you don't have to drop 2300 a month on rent... I also am not throwing shade, and again dgaf... Some of these people in this thread I think are just salty because they struck-out, and they see some teens 18-21 living at home, with no job, copping multiple pairs.

"Let ye who is without shoes they paid too much for, CAST THE FIRST STONE"

also these shoes are now on my hunt list but the fakes are getting way too damn real... DEF don't trust most consignment shops anymore with these :frown:

Wait...

So as a child you went a wasted money on a pair of Timbs and your father taught you a lesson in wasting money by wasting the boots that you bought with wasted money? LOL.

Wouldn't just returning them for your money back been the more valuable lesson?
It would definitely show you that stupid spending can be a punishment, not a slap on the wrist. Real life situational equivalent: You buy some 800 sneakers, and realize later that month you have an unexpected tire you need to replace, and rent is due, and are past the return date for the shoes. You can't just return the shoes and get your money back.

Returning the shoes and giving a kid his money back wouldn't teach the same lesson.

... People can set themselves up to fail if they want it's no 

People can live how they want, and honestly it won't make me salty. Personally, I do see living at home as losing to some extent. I moved out when I was 19 and that's it... Made me more independent, and I appreciated each pair of kicks that much more after I moved out. Living at home as an adult ultimately shelters you from some of the realities of adulthood, and gives you an excuse to make frivolous purchases when you don't have to drop 2300 a month on rent... I also am not throwing shade, and again dgaf... Some of these people in this thread I think are just salty because they struck-out, and they see some teens 18-21 living at home, with no job, copping multiple pairs.

"Let ye who is without shoes they paid too much for, CAST THE FIRST STONE"

also these shoes are now on my hunt list but the fakes are getting way too damn real... DEF don't trust most consignment shops anymore with these :frown:
ALL OF THAT.

For a limited sneaker like these KAWS one would think wearing a pair of fakes would be easy to get away with. Not many people would see them in person to even know the difference.

For a limited sneaker like these KAWS one would think wearing a pair of fakes would be easy to get away with. Not many people would see them in person to even know the difference.
ohwell.gif
 but can I live with MYSELF for rocking fakes? I honestly don't have an answer I need guidance and ****, these shoes have me questioning my own rules about sneakers

I agree with maxbusta, sometimes the lesson taught is not the same as a valuable lesson. Sometimes you won't learn unless you lose something from it. 

As far as buying a replica that is so close to the real one, it just comes down to if you're comfortable with it. Even if you're not trying to impress anybody, are you satisfied with knowingly owning something fake that is already frowned upon in this hobby. Don't use other analogies such as paintings or sports jersey, those are known to be okay with having replicas because its not like you can get the game worn jersey from the player or the artists' original 1 of 1 artwork. 

Last edited:

I agree with maxbusta, sometimes the lesson taught is not the same as a valuable lesson. Sometimes you won't learn unless you lose something from it. 

As far as buying a replica that is so close to the real one, it just comes down to if you're comfortable with it. Even if you're not trying to impress anybody, are you satisfied with knowingly owning something fake that is already frowned upon in this hobby. Don't use other analogies such as paintings or sports jersey, those are known to be okay with having replicas because its not like you can get the game worn jersey from the player or the artists' original 1 of 1 artwork. 

JUST

DON'T

KNOW

Wait...

So as a child you went and wasted money on a pair of Timbs and your father taught you a lesson in wasting money by wasting the boots that you bought with wasted money? LOL.

Wouldn't just returning them for your money back been the more valuable lesson?
nah i feel what hes saying. my dad did somethign similar. really just trynna tell you not to be wasteful. like yea i still "waste" but so does everyone on this board. point is its within reason now lol

and wayment... these are actually gone eh? no coming back

Last edited:
Sold 5 pairs of shoes (mostly doubles and ones I could live without ) and decided to go with FCNY . Paid about 1k for the shoes I sold so not looking at the FCNY purchase as a big deal since no "new" out of pocket money was used .

Looking forward to getting them , will post pics soon .

Prices seem to be dropping . Good luck to those that want a pair .

And I'm in my 30s , live in my own house (mortgage not rent) and pay all my own damn bills ! Lol

ohwell.gif
 but can I live with MYSELF for rocking fakes? I honestly don't have an answer I need guidance and ****, these shoes have me questioning my own rules about sneakers
Don't do it Max ... still you a *** that rocks Supreme so 
roll.gif
devil.gif

Man ish all dem notifications every 1/2 a sec got me mistakenly submitting damn trash!

Last edited:

Don't do it Max ... still you a *** that rocks Supreme so 
roll.gif
devil.gif
NEVER!!!

If I was homeless lying on the street, and someone handed me a bogo... I would take a used trashbag and use it instead... I would probably take the bogo and sell it doe 
happy.gif

ALL OF THAT.
This the first statement about the subject that even though kinda feels some type of way to read, makes me think. Also the only intelligent remark so far that actually has real substance instead of childish rants. That ish is deep buddy damn...

No new info on "Mailing "List"?

Also, if you were unaware that sneaker twitter kids are tools, apparently a fake site went up.

that page as been floating around since the day before the official release date. Everyone should have known it was fake

It would definitely show you that stupid spending can be a punishment, not a slap on the wrist. Real life situational equivalent: You buy some 800 sneakers, and realize later that month you have an unexpected tire you need to replace, and rent is due, and are past the return date for the shoes. You can't just return the shoes and get your money back.

Returning the shoes and giving a kid his money back wouldn't teach the same lesson.
I can see it from that point, but to me that's on par with "you shouldn't waste food, there's people in the world that's starving so to teach you a lesson I'm throwing your dinner away."

True, I don't think I could ever see myself wearing fakes just because of the culture but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of really known sneakerheads did wear fakes at times.

Back
Top Bottom