Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

its called bring attention to them.....

these spots can hold inventory for however long they want to do so.

when the timing is right, they can do these types of things to bring attention to them.

its not that hard.
so the answer is that they hold inventory

good answer

its called bring attention to them.....

these spots can hold inventory for however long they want to do so.

when the timing is right, they can do these types of things to bring attention to them.

its not that hard.
so the answer is that they hold inventory
good answer

thumbs_up_waynes_world.gif

It probably varies from store to store. Some stores hold stock, eg. Premium Goods. And some store like Eastbay probably gets more stock from Nike. Ultimately it is up to the store and what they do with the stock.

Holding back stock ? LOL.  No good buisness holds back stock, think of all the $ they would have tied up in those sneakers not to mention the risk they would take.  If they kicks were all released around the same time, I can see it, see how the market shapes up, but to hold these with a few years in-between releases,. 

Holding back stock ? LOL.  No good buisness holds back stock, think of all the $ they would have tied up in those sneakers not to mention the risk they would take.  If they kicks were all released around the same time, I can see it, see how the market shapes up, but to hold these with a few years in-between releases,. 
That is true, not very wise, but they know the attention a few year old sneakers bring to the sneaker community.

then i guess nike isnt a good business....

they have been holding retros and releasing them to outlets as A grades over a year later like the infrared Xs and sports blue 6s.

companies get free exposure/energy from the consumer when they have the spotlight to themselves for when they decide to release the held inventory.

this is worth the price as they still get their MSRP and people are now buzzing about them.

ive seen stores hold stuff for special events too. this includes footlocker, nike, and sheikhs.

nike had that popup in chicago selling over a year old items

sheikhs has sold stuff like the dmp 6/11 pack like 2 years later

footlocker used to do it for HoH grand openings.

Last edited:
Nike is a billion dollar company.  They make $ had over fist.  They can afford to do so. 

Holding on to the stock to just sell it at MSRP is as bad as you can get from a buisness perspective. 

In  buisness school I learned about time vale of money. 

I could be 1000% wrong but from a risk reward perspective it's a losing transaction. 

Nike is a billion dollar company.  They make $ had over fist.  They can afford to do so. 

Holding on to the stock to just sell it at MSRP is as bad as you can get from a buisness perspective. 

In  buisness school I learned about time vale of money. 

I could be 1000% wrong but from a risk reward perspective it's a losing transaction. 

You are omitting the cost of advertising. These companies get free advertising because of social media now. Brand awareness is crucial. I mean, I've never of this company that just had a release but I'm sure a lot more people know about it now that this has happened.

Free advertisement

We can agree to disagree, But at the end of the day its bad business. 

you're a business major? just do the math.

how much did they have to sit on for 1-2 years as a "loss" for those years

vs how much it costs to advertise (money you dont get back)

getting the sneaker community to buzz over your shop is nothing but good AND they sold the inventory they were sitting on so the loss is now profit. im sure their social media followers had skyrocketed by this event. Now you have people following updates on your products for future sales.

how can that be bad business?

Last edited:
Anybody can post anythiung and get "FREE Advertising"........ It cost them nothing to do wha they did...... 

What it did do us tie up cashflow. If the sneakers were sold above retail it would be a good move. 

Business school or not anyone can see that. 

And I'm out of school 20 years bro. 

Anybody can post anythiung and get "FREE Advertising"........ It cost them nothing to do wha they did...... 

What it did do us tie up cashflow. If the sneakers were sold above retail it would be a good move. 

ok.

Shoe Palace holds inventory . We have had a ton open up in So Cal and each location has a full stock of retro's that have come out in the last 6 months to a year .

Quote:

That poses no issue really if the company can afford to continue to operate under normal conditions, which they did. This isn't like regular inventory (goods); it had no depreciation factor. If they can still operate, and at a minimum continue to turn profits and pay any debt requirements, they're good. It's not like they held the entire stock back either. It still only looked like 3-4 pairs a size. That would hardly put a dent in a company that, while still small overall, maintains business in 23 locations over 4 states.

Back
Top Bottom