Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

Cool Greys are easily the worse out the bunch. They just get hype like any "underrated" release as time goes by and ppl want a diff color. Like olive XVIs

i dunno im 27. for me its a different story. i always like the "weird/ugly" shoes. my friends would always get on me for buying them. like i loved the XI, gold flightposites even had the bright yellow hyperflights. 

growing up it wasnt really "acceptable" to wear those. now with the internet and hype 90% of the people on shoes like flightposites, do it just because NOW its cool where as it was the opposite for me when i was younger. 

so for me the XI was one the first out of the box designs i seen and loved. i actually prefer the concords > space jams

everyone (mostly young kids) buy XIs because its the cool thing to do. plus theyre FOMO. fear of missing out. they think people are gonna question their "sneakerhead" status if they dont buy what the "hot" shoe is, regardless of if they even like it or not. EX. YEEZY
last sentence makes all the sense in the world.....i respect your view as i like the weird kicks too....just never been an 11 fan, the patent leather never been my thing

to the space jam lovers: what is sooo great about that pair besides the movie tie in?.....i mean all 11s look pretty plain, so what makes that pair the one...just wondering because i never liked 11s, but find the thread entertaining

That's why I like the Concord's. The contrast is just :nthat:

Stuck in a surgery case at work . Luckily I'm not scrubbed in and could answer a quick phone call if needed.

Cool Greys are easily the worse out the bunch. They just get hype like any "underrated" release as time goes by and ppl want a diff color. Like olive XVIs
Much rather have cool greys over 72-10s anyday of the week.   Just my opinion and taste.  

That's why I like the Concord's. The contrast is just
nthat.gif
 Concords and Space Jams are the two best 11s in their own respective.  Love them both.  

I don't even reference Space Jam the move to the shoes even tho that's the direct correlation. 

Stuck in a surgery case at work . Luckily I'm not scrubbed in and could answer a quick phone call if needed.

i feel u....studying for CK keep worrying about my phone and niketalk..smh

Between these post and me BINGE watching Grey Anatomy. My need to switch majors and be a surgeon is at an ALL TIME HIGH :lol:

Last edited:

i feel u....studying for CK keep worrying about my phone and niketalk..smh

Between these post and me BINGE watching Grey Anatomy. My need to switch majors and be a surgeon is at an ALL TIME HIGH :lol:

Stopped watching Grey's after the second season. Too much drama, not enough medicine.

Early seasons of House, ER, and Scrubs are still my go-to shows.

Stopped watching Grey's after the second season. Too much drama, not enough medicine.

After my ex-coworker spoiled it for me last night i may be done too. What he told me was irreversible

I've stuck it out with Grey's for the same reason I watched How I Met Your Mother. I just need to know how it ends. Meredith has been through too much to still be a functioning human being.

to the space jam lovers: what is sooo great about that pair besides the movie tie in?.....i mean all 11s look pretty plain, so what makes that pair the one...just wondering because i never liked 11s, but find the thread entertaining

It's mainly the movie for me. Space Jam 11s are my favorite shoe ever, and I just remember seeing MJ breaking them out in that movie as a kid.

I only got one ticket from FL. Alot of the bigger FL in NYC are doing FCFS. Hoping I get the call later on in the day. I've copped every pair of 11's since Nike started re-releasing them during Christmas. 

Since we're sharing stories from previous releases I'll join in, any reason to use these old pics and enjoy some nostalgia at work.... please ignore the tags, just don't want anyone frauded because of my pics. Air Jordan XI are my favorite style shoe of all time. I hope to see some of these again and knowing Nike I trust I will again in my lifetime.

2008 - BY FAR one of my favorite sneaker hunt stories. I got a tip on NT about a store in WV selling the Count down package early and even tho it was an hour away from where I was in Ohio I drove in a storm there to get them with my GF. We get there and the store owner is suspicious of me, keeps asking if I work for Nike. :lol: he tells me no and I'm sick but his wife asks to speak to him in the back and he comes out and sales them to me for retail or maybe a little bit more I can't remember. I thank her profusely :lol:

View media item 1820948
2009 - I camped online the morning of and was not only able to scoop 1, but 2 pairs of space jams. I gave the 2nd pair to my brother as a Christmas gift. So glad I could avoid Roosevelt Field mall. The space jam release was nuts....

View media item 1820953View media item 1820954
2010 - same as the year before, I camped online and actually was able to CALL and get a rep to send me a couple pairs as things jammed up online... I was able to cop two pairs of cool grey's, one for myself and one for my brother once again as a Christmas gift.

View media item 1820955View media item 1820956
2011 - I camp at a midnight release and shortly there after camp at an actual morning release and come away with a couple of pairs again, you get the picture at this point. going to work right after this release was sooooooo tough.

View media item 1820965View media item 1820966
2012 - Already had the CDP black & red XI's... it was nice to take a year off.

2013 - I flat out didn't like these shoes... and I was broooooooooke this year after taking a new job/less salary

2014 - These for some reason sat on shelves around Atlanta. I hit a few mom & pop stores on the east side that weekend copped multiple pairs for family & friends as a favor because I guess these were tough to cop in philly, NY, Houston, and the bay.

View media item 1820968View media item 1820969

2015 - ??? Idk. I'm looking to buy a home next year and as tempting as this pair is I may hold off and keep saving. I may get myself a pair to reward the hard work i've been doing lately. Best of luck to all of you guys camping, please be safe. 2011 I got to see up close the pandemonium of a release for the first time in years. I may tweet out a video I took of Northlake mall of teenagers and grown men and women going HAM when they opened the doors and I was right in the middle of it.... Every year there's some kind of robbery or homicide except for maybe 2013. Not even hyping or joking. be safe & smart.... Love the raffle system and overall simply encouraging people to buy online and ship free... I hope it keeps people safe.

Back
Top Bottom