Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

Guys I thought this thread was about the shoes, now it turned into a sports thread [emoji]129300[/emoji]

It's going to be tough for Golden State to recover from this. They had the best regular season record ever, so naturally they were expected to win the championship. Not only did they blow a 3-1 series lead where all they had to do was win 1 game to win a championship, Curry just didn't show up for almost the entire post season. Post-season Curry just wasn't regular season Curry. The greatest shooter ever couldn't score a single point in the last 4 and a half minutes of the game with the score tied. Last 2 minutes or so, he started chucking and he still couldn't get it to fall. I feel like the Cavs really exposed the fallacy in the Warriors' game and Ty just out-coached Kerr the later part of the series. Cavs just had the Warriors figured out and that's plain and simple. We also saw in this series why Nike passed on Curry for Kyrie.

Nike won.
The Dubs will be fine. We came within a single basket and a single possession of being back to back champs. Yes, it was an epic choke but if we win again within the next 1-2 years, I doubt anyone in the Bay Area will care other than some who might cry over the possibility of a 3-peat. 

As for Curry, he was never the same after the MCL sprain and ankle sprain against the Rockets. Highly inconsistent and only spurts of his MVP regular season form. That doesn't excuse his choke performance in Game 7 though. Even a 70% Curry should have been able to score a single basket within 3-4 minutes. Kerr failed in multiple ways in the latter part of the series. The key reasons being playing Ezeli, Varajeo and Barnes. His stubbornness caused him to put Ezeli in during the 4th (cause we supposedly need his rim protection since Cavs weren't hitting 3's). Well, he commits the worst foul in Warriors history when we are up 4 and LeBron hits 3 FT's and follows up with a 3 in Ezeli's face. Not to mention he should have been giving Barnes minutes to Barbosa, Livingston and even Rush. 5-32 in Games 5-7. Might as well had a Cavs uniform on. If he could even muster 11-12/32, we'd be champs. 

To make this post semi on-topic, Nike sent me a replacement pair of sz 12 for the sz 11.5 that came in the sz 12 box previously. This pair is actually clean. No stitching defects and looks great. Their Elite Service Team came through. 

Last edited:
The threads recent topics are "Inspired by the most Historic Season led by the greatest player ever."(Like the 72-10 11s)

Not just the 'regular' season, the Close out as well.

Show me someone whos fine with being just 'regular', and Ill show someone who is a slouch for not aspiring to be more.

#NeverSettle

Last edited:
The threads recent topics are "Inspired by the Greatest Season ever."(Like the 72-10 11s)

Not just the 'regular' season, the Close out as well.

Show me someone whos fine with being just 'regular', and Ill show someone who is a slouch for not aspiring to be more.

#NeverSettle

So why is it only numbered 72-10 then? (And not the playoffs/finals numbers?)

You adding DLC content to the shoe :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

You adding DLC content to the shoe
laugh.gif
Because people remember the 72-10 record number.  Has a nice ring to it.  You can still pick up some of those 73-9's if you want, but probably best to wait for them to hit the bargain bins. 

You adding DLC content to the shoe :lol:
Because people remember the 72-10 record number.  Has a nice ring to it.  You can still pick up some of those 73-9's if you want, but probably best to wait for them to hit the bargain bins. 

The record, is still, intact, regardless of the ring (subjective), NBA record books will show GSW 73-9, Bulls 72-10

Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of either team so I really don't care

I just noticed the lopsided debate to how people said "it don't mean a thing without the ring" but still picking Bulls > GSW even if they won. Shambles.

The end result is the Main factor.

In the end GS lost, '96 Bulls Won.

Percentage wise the '96 Bulls were better in regards to the entire season.

Gsw 73-9 thats shambles right there.

:lol:

The end result is the Main factor.

In the end GS lost, '96 Bulls Won.

Percentage wise the '96 Bulls were better in regards to the entire season.

Gsw 73-9 thats shambles right there.

:lol:

Bout to cop me the Jordan XI '87%'

Im sure if u look around , u can find em for the low. They dropped last xmas & go by the name
72-10 XIs :smokin
:tongue:

Last edited:
These are def my favorite 11, no slander but the breds were ruined for me.

SJ's are cool but the leather upper and plush tongue, stitched '23' put them over the top for me

Green was knocking down everthing. Without him, the game is a blowout. MVP are guys that play both ends of the floor in my opinion. Curry is a great shooter, maybe the best, but when your not knocking them down you have to contribute in other ways.

Bulls season in Totality-
87-13
Vs
Warriors Season in Totality-
88-18

Meaning if GSW won ,and went 89-17 ,they still were only @ a 84% win ratio.

Meaning the '95-'96 Bulls, even still were technically going to be the best NBA team ever in a single season.

GSW Missing the chip only further solidifies that the '96 Bulls were the better team ..

#Facts

Exactly, Jordan started playing for the Bulls in 1984 and didn't win his first championship until 1991. He stayed with his team no matter what and he persevered. The same goes for Kobe.

Kobe was drafted into the Lakers though. That automatically guarantees you a ring if you stay long enough with them. Cleveland had 0. What Lebron, Kyrie & co. accomplished is historic. We'll have to wait until Lebron hangs it up to compare his legacy with MJ and Kobe's. One thing is for sure, no players shoes will ever be as successful as Jordan's. Jordan and Nike are really lucky that the talented Tinker kept designing classic after classic.

Back
Top Bottom