Jordan XI Jubilee Holiday 2020

Long weekend from work.... Unds to get vehicle serviced

DEAF379F-2741-4B03-91F4-751A027959D5.jpeg

I don't know... really unsure about these. They are fire but I've got the Space Jams and they're technically better. The shape is much better on these though not so noticeable on feet. :smh:
Not even close to Jams. At all. Especially the 45 version. Those are near perfection to me.
The main problem with the '16 SJs is that Nike didn't put the firm foam padding inside the cordura upper. That, and the patent cut actually went a bit TOO high, at least on a lot of pairs. But the missing padding is really my only problem with them. It's a real shame, too, since that retro was so close, in terms of timing, to the padding returning on the Concords and everything else since then.

In terms of the shape, what I always notice is, the SJs are narrower overall on my feet. It's super obvious when you put them on and look down at them, and then you put on the Concords or last year's black/red retros. But sometimes I wonder if part of that isn't a result of them having no padding in the upper. Let's see, it's been four years (which seems crazy to me) since those Jams dropped. I bet in five years or less, they'll drop SJs again, this time with the padding, 23 on the back, and they'll probably go back to blue Jumpman logos and outsole pods, which is a completely made-up colorway in terms of anything that ever existed back in '95, on the court or in the movie. Which means we'll STILL have never gotten a completely correct retro of that damn shoe LOL

Back
Top Bottom