Jordan XI Legend Blue - December 14, 2024

It’s simply nostalgia. Everyone wanted 11s back then, including me. Those Christmas releases were special. It was also the prime of a lot of peoples collecting years. Many that were young back then would obviously be fond of the shoe today. I’d take a pair, but if they never released again I wouldn’t cry either.

I’d like to see the cherry lows, (the white PL pair) release in a mid eventually and maybe see the black midsole playoffs, the Columbia low in a mid... There’s quite a few pairs they could give us before those Gammas come back.

I just had a text conversation with my cousin and he said "I hope we get the legend blue". I had to take a beat and break it down to him. He thought the 01 version was the og and I had to show him a pic of the ogs to legend blues for comparison.
IMG_9004.gif
Would've even broken down to him tbh. Better than me

I just had a text conversation with my cousin and he said "I hope we get the legend blue". I had to take a beat and break it down to him. He thought the 01 version was the og and I had to show him a pic of the ogs to legend blues for comparison.
Been through this several times also. Sometimes I think its not worth explaining because they dont know. And wont get it when you do. No fault to anybody at all. But there is a lot of layers of explanation to all this. Go through this a lot with guys at work.

IMG_9004.gif
Would've even broken down to him tbh. Better than me

Been through this several times also. Sometimes I think its not worth explaining because they dont know. And wont get it when you do. No fault to anybody at all. But there is a lot of layers of explanation to all this. Go through this a lot with guys at work.
Whoa whoa, proper context here, my bad. My cousin is into shoes just like many of us, but my cousin doesn't frequent NT to nitpick as we often do. He pretty knowledgeable when it comes to stuff, he's just not always following every RD or know when things are coming out like we do here. He just wasn't aware of the OGs because he never had them and the 01 retro was his reference point. We often have conversations about stuff, and he likes stuff that I don't that are considered classics and vice versa. I just thought that legend blue comment was nuts, there's no way that makes sense.

The 01 was a terrible retro
I disagree. If that retro was terrible, then what is every subsequent retro in comparison? Mine still haven't separated and are khaki/PL (which I don't mind as much now), and the PL on that retro is MILES above anything we have gotten in every retro after that. The only gripe I can see with that retro is the "icy" (term used for it at the time) outsole, and if you were around at the time, NT also provided a solution to fix that outsole to resemble the proper OG hue (a process in which I almost wrecked that shoe). I understand not liking the shoe as a personal preference, but you can't deny it quality wise, especially in comparison to anything we are getting these days at a higher price point.

The 01 was a terrible retro is a crazy take considering how terrible anything we got afterwards has been. They got the sole color wrong and that’s it. That’s literally the only issue with that release. Ive owned every iteration of the Columbia since the original release. Y’all just be saying anything sometimes smh.

It makes the entire shoe.
The sole color was wrong on the 01 playoffs as well, very wrong actually and they still haven't gotten it right to this day. The shape on all of them was off as well. Let’s just throw the whole 2000/2001 retro XI line in the trash by this logic. Madness.

hopefully they have the high cut patent like all the recent 11 highs, gonna bring out my legend blues and get some good wears in until these drop

Never denied they got the color wrong on the sole but they always get something wrong literally always. It sucks that they didn’t get the sole color correct but to call it a “terrible retro” is just ridiculous.The quality on that shoe was better than all my other first retro XI’s.
My posts are referenced from the look only. I never had the 2001 cause I was a broke boy back then. Passed easily on the 2014 due to my sentiments with the outsole looking near greenish out the gate. I have an original pair. They seen better days so I really want these to come out correct.

Back
Top Bottom