Jordan XIII Playoffs - February 18, 2023

I stopped expecting OG specs. It just doesn't happen with any re-issue of any product. I'm sure they laugh at the constant complaining/pining when reading this board. The only thing they gave us that we asked for was that dumb *** price increase that came with the Nike Air branding revival.

I stopped expecting OG specs. It just doesn't happen with any re-issue of any product. I'm sure they laugh at the constant complaining/pining when reading this board. The only thing they gave us that we asked for was that dumb *** price increase that came with the Nike Air branding revival.
I mean I state my opinion and I also don’t buy. Why would I spend more money for a worse retro than the last just because it has og details or it’s a hot colorway. That’s just me. The most recent 13’s that I have are 2013 hgg and the 13 is my favorite model.

I mean I state my opinion and I also don’t buy. Why would I spend more money for a worse retro than the last just because it has og details or it’s a hot colorway. That’s just me. The most recent 13’s that I have are 2013 hgg and the 13 is my favorite model.
This.
Went on a strong hiatus from the 11s until they got right and in recent years refuse 12s. If its not at least attempting to hit the OG shape quality mark then they have no place in the closet.
They are a billion dollar mega company in contrast to where they were in the 90s,
zero reason to be lacking in quality product.

This.
Went on a strong hiatus from the 11s until they got right and in recent years refuse 12s. If its not at least attempting to hit the OG shape quality mark then they have no place in the closet.
They are a billion dollar mega company in contrast to where they were in the 90s,
zero reason to be lacking in quality product.
This like I’ve stated in multiple other threads and videos on YouTube,

They’re a billion dollar company who made a fortune off of these Jordan’s in the 90s. I KNOW they still got the designs and stuff Tinker ain’t forgot about what he created. And for a billion dollar company to say “oh we don’t have the schematics anymore or they were destroyed. “ BS! They can come after these people making shoes off their designs with the copyrights. And all these collectors having OG pairs that they would surely donate for them to get it right.

Bottom line is they don’t care and they only about the money. If I can sell you air and you pay a premium because it comes inspired by the greatest player ever when he dunks people would eat it up.

If they want to charge us this insane premium, then they better get the shape right and quality or **** with the excuses

I am probably weird here for saying this. But todays 13s just do not bother me at all. I had two pairs in 1998 and wore both to the ground. I have several now, and I am completely satisfied with them. Repeating what has been said above, I never expect a shoe to match its original. Its just not going to happen. No matter how good they do, I can still pick apart what they could have done better.
The only playoff I have is the 2011. I like it. Hell I like the 2016 Black and Reds. The 13 may be in my top 3 favorite model all time behind the 7 and 11.

I am probably weird here for saying this. But todays 13s just do not bother me at all. I had two pairs in 1998 and wore both to the ground. I have several now, and I am completely satisfied with them. Repeating what has been said above, I never expect a shoe to match its original. Its just not going to happen. No matter how good they do, I can still pick apart what they could have done better.
The only playoff I have is the 2011. I like it. Hell I like the 2016 Black and Reds. The 13 may be in my top 3 favorite model all time behind the 7 and 11.
I agree, I think these look excellent.

Def not weird. There are folks that love the newer cut and that’s fine. Even if you were the only one on here saying you like em that’s cool

The 13 is one of those shoes that looks better on foot imo. While I do like the OG shape best, the newer one isn’t terrible, especially when you’re wearing them. I think a lot of the pics from Nike with the “banana” toe are overstated compared to what we usually get, thankfully.

I just wish they would use actual soft, quality leather on the toe though. That’s probably my biggest gripe with current 13’s more than anything.

The 13 is one of those shoes that looks better on foot imo. While I do like the OG shape best, the newer one isn’t terrible, especially when you’re wearing them. I think a lot of the pics from Nike with the “banana” toe are overstated compared to what we usually get, thankfully.

I just wish they would use actual soft, quality leather on the toe though. That’s probably my biggest gripe with current 13’s more than anything.
Is it still the same compared to 13 bred and W/reds?

I feel the 13s that have mesh side uppers generally have better quality leather on the toebox compared to the pairs that have leather uppers.

Saw a local f boy reseller posted he has these for 260… not much over retail huh
I mean the retail is going to be $210 plus tax is what $230? Or almost $230 thats already pretty expensive for most people. Also, there's def a ton of these made since its the all star weekend Jordan and I see a lot of Youtubers already have early pairs and we still got more than a month to go before they release.

Last edited:
Now I know what some of you guys have been saying about recent shape. I have been wearing my Laker cw 13s and yeah that shape is pretty funky, but it's def different from the 2020 flint shape. I doubt these will be the same shape of the laker 13s though.

The second slide shows the bottoms as well.

The 2011 version isn't good at all, especially with the soles being a darker red that clearly deviates from the brighter shade of the originals.

The upcoming 2023 version is an improvement. The only discrepancy is that the entirety of shoe is smaller unfortunately. But that's common with retro versions with them being smaller in entirety and with the originals always being more plump in entirety.

Last edited:
The 2011 version isn't good at all, especially with the soles being a darker red that clearly deviates from the brighter shade of the originals.
I disagree. The 2011 retro is pretty solid imo. The ONLY gripe I had was that there wasn't any grey on the bottom, and no one can see that part of the shoe, so whatever. Judging from the pics, the collar looks fine, maybe it was the angle in that pic. Still not going to stop me from getting a pair.

the sizing on the 2017 black and reds was horrible! Legit the only 13 i had to go up a half size in and even then they fit really snug.
Exactly that’s the release that made me realize that they had butchered the shape smh. Wore them to target for one hour came back and foot was in pain. Sold them right after that

Back
Top Bottom