Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

My big bro had them, had no idea they were limited. I do remember my mom calling and ordering them from somewhere, but I thought that was because he was a size 16 so he had to get em special made lol. His pair was the only time I've ever seen these in person though.

Last edited:
Since I see we got DMV people in here, who is getting these?? I only remember one kid at my school having 17s and he had the white/blue mids. ****head brought the suitcase to school too.
I am. I ordered mines off eBay. I know I won’t find these anywhere in the area. Maybe DC, but I don’t want to go through the hassle

Where can we read about why he said production costs got more expensive? Interested to know why.
Because the way the 17 is constructed is a lot different from modern shoes, uses a variety of premium/expensive materials, and has 6 upper panels compared to 1-3 on most shoes today. The outsole is decoupled, not one piece, there's the spring plate, the eyelets, an inner neoprene boot with extra stitching to make it fold down, zoom units in the fore foot, an air sole PU-encapsulated visible in the heel, a different foam used in the midsole. It takes more labor to produce it, there's more room for human error, and almost no modern shoe has this many upper panels, let alone various mid and outsole materials that have to be fused together.

tl;dr: there's many layers to the production process on the 17 and some of the other later models.

From what I just read, if you can secure your pair now for a price you’re happy with, probably a good idea to jump on it. I’m out, unless I can hit one of these online raffles.

Good luck fellas. I hope some in here are able to secure pairs.

Same here, and the 17s are one of my favorite models. Would’ve probably paid retail, but now not stressing it if I don’t hit any raffles.

I’m hoping that at least one of the og colors isn’t such a hassle. If every og 17 release is like this then maybe I’ll pay the tax for a pair or two.

I ordered a pair off stock x on the 17 but the seller ain’t ship yet. When do u think I should hit up customer service because I feel like they’re gonna skip this sale and try to resell it at a higher price. I believe that happened to me b4 on a pair of 1s

Because the way the 17 is constructed is a lot different from modern shoes, uses a variety of premium/expensive materials, and has 6 upper panels compared to 1-3 on most shoes today. The outsole is decoupled, not one piece, there's the spring plate, the eyelets, an inner neoprene boot with extra stitching to make it fold down, zoom units in the fore foot, an air sole PU-encapsulated visible in the heel, a different foam used in the midsole. It takes more labor to produce it, there's more room for human error, and almost no modern shoe has this many upper panels, let alone various mid and outsole materials that have to be fused together.

tl;dr: there's many layers to the production process on the 17 and some of the other later models.
So basically, another smokescreen for a price increase. As we have seen with Jordan Retro's, starting with something like the air bag for instance, the zoom units in the forefoot are going to be regular air bags. Just like several other Jordan Retro's that had zoom or like the 15's that had nothing in the forefoot. But the description claimed they did. Be interested to see if they have the spring plate or just a plastic piece in place, and what kind of foam is in the midsole. Jordan Brand really needs to stop the nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom