Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

I hate the 300 tag, but I’d pay that if I had access…. BUT, for 300, I need the case, that I don’t care about.

210 with no case would be great.

I hate the 300 tag, but I’d pay that if I had access…. BUT, for 300, I need the case, that I don’t care about.

210 with no case would be great.
They can’t sell them that cheap. The $200 17’s in 2002 are $354 in real dollars. The lows at $150 are $265 in real dollars. As MJO23DAN MJO23DAN pointed out, production costs on the later models got VERY expensive.

Man I rarely ask for help with releases. Feels like this days are mostly over anyway. But if anybody could assist with a size 12 I would greatly appreciate it. Very sentimental shoe for me. Can't believe they screwed us on this release like this. Still haven't found another raffle. :smh:
If I can catch a 12 in ATL, I got you. I really hate ATL boutique’s though.

Anyone think there’s a possibility of another drop down the line with no suitcase? You know, because Nike gon Nike.

OK, so after calling almost all of these stores on the NBHD list in the NYC area, I determined extra butter was going to be my best bet. Half the stores didn’t pick up, and the many of them that did, didn’t even know if they were getting them at all. Extra butter gave me the most confidence. Going to be there a few hours before they open and try my luck. We’ll see how it goes…

I’m not even sure if there’s a store in MD getting these. The one store I’ve seen on a NBHD list is now closed. I actually like that spots are doing in-store only FCFS, but I can’t even head down to DC cuz of a late morning doc appointment. Really didn’t think these would be a problem when that price tag was announced. Oh well.

This shoe has me feeling like a kid again. I remember being in high school and hearing the news that this sneaker is going to cost $200 (I’m speaking on the 17 in general). All my friends and I knew we didn’t stand a chance on getting these or asking our parents. I vividly remember only seeing only about 2-3 people in the entire school with them. One was a gym teacher for the girls and she didn’t even understand the hype about the cost because she said her boyfriend got them for her. Another girl in my home room had the white / reds and they looked so fire all tiny on her feet. One day in the summer my friend pulls up to my crib unannounced and I go outside and he has on the low top white / Carolina blues and I’m like :wow: how ?? He finessed some shawty to get em for him LOL. Later on that summer I went to Six Flags (NJ) and I seen some stranger with the lightnings on and again I was like :wow::wow:. I didn’t even know this pair was available to the public. Didn’t see it in stores or hear any news about them. I just thought it was a MJ ASG PE. That was literally the one and only time I seen them in person. From that point on I knew I had to have this sneaker because it drove me nuts on how I missed the news on that color release. Not like I could afford them anyway.

But yea sorry for reminiscing. This shoe just takes me back to high school and being broke and being amazed at how a shoe could cost so much and be so fly lol. Not to mention Mike Bibby battling against my Lakers in that controversial ‘02 series wearing the black 17 lows.

Here’s a pic of Mike Finley wearing the lightning lows from ‘02. Peep Darius Miles in the back with the same expression I had seeing the Lightning’s in person :rofl:
IMG_6406.png
IMG_6405.jpeg

Last edited:
This shoe has me feeling like a kid again. I remember being in high school and hearing the news that this sneaker is going to cost $200 (I’m speaking on the 17 in general). All my friends and I knew we didn’t stand a chance on getting these or asking our parents. I vividly remember only seeing only about 2-3 people in the entire school with them. One was a gym teacher for the girls and she didn’t even understand the hype about the cost because she said her boyfriend got them for her. Another girl in my home room had the white / reds and they looked so fire all tiny on her feet. One day in the summer my friend pulls up to my crib unannounced and I go outside and he has on the low top white / Carolina blues and I’m like :wow: how ?? He finessed some shawty to get em for him LOL. Later on that summer I went to Six Flags (NJ) and I seen some stranger with the lightnings on and again I was like :wow::wow:. I didn’t even know this pair was available to the public. Didn’t see it in stores or hear any news about them. I just thought it was a MJ ASG PE. That was literally the one and only time I seen them in person. From that point on I knew I had to have this sneaker because it drove me nuts on how I missed the news on that color release. Not like I could afford them anyway.

But yea sorry for reminiscing. This shoe just takes me back to high school and being broke and being amazed at how a shoe could cost so much and be so fly lol. Not to mention Mike Bibby battling against my Lakers in that controversial ‘02 series wearing the black 17 lows.

Here’s a pic of Mike Finley wearing the lightning lows from ‘02. Peep Darius Miles in the back with the same expression I had seeing the Lightning’s in person :rofl:
We might be the same age(born in 87?). Here is my nostalgia for the 17’s. I remember reading magazines and here on NT about the upcoming 17’s. I was in the 9th grade and it was a few of us in high school that were predicting that these were not going to sell well because of that $200 price tag. I even remember the local news here in the DMV covering the high price tag and how people were outraged by it. Lol.

2/9/02 when the Wizard colorway released. I remember walking in the store just to look at them because I know at 14 years old, I knew darn well I wasn’t getting them lol. I thought they look nice and leather was nice. The only complaint remember was how they had was some pairs having excessive glue, which was what I read here on NT. To my surprise it was a big stack of them behind the cash register.(for those in the DMV, shoe city in Iverson Mall was known for doing that on major releases back then). I remember vividly asking one of the store reps and he said they are selling, but not enough for a major sellout like retro J’s. That’s when I knew that $200 price tag definitely turned people off. I also remember they eventually went down in price to $150. Same for the black/silver pair that came out in March of 02.

That Monday after the release of the wizards color in high school, I remember seeing a nice amount of people in my high school wearing them. Not a whole lot, but a decent amount. I used to think people with them have rich parents lol. For me, the 17’s were okay, nothing crazy. They weren’t really my favorites. Now, the lightening 17’s, I thought those were dope. I remember they came out very late in 9th grade and I only saw like, 3 people in my high school with them. I remember reading how limited they were back then. The other two lows were more of a general release.

We might be the same age(born in 87?). Here is my nostalgia for the 17’s. I remember reading magazines and here on NT about the upcoming 17’s. I was in the 9th grade and it was a few of us in high school that were predicting that these were not going to sell well because of that $200 price tag. I even remember the local news here in the DMV covering the high price tag and how people were outraged by it. Lol.

2/9/02 when the Wizard colorway released. I remember walking in the store just to look at them because I know at 14 years old, I knew darn well I wasn’t getting them lol. I thought they look nice and leather was nice. The only complaint remember was how they had was some pairs having excessive glue, which was what I read here on NT. To my surprise it was a big stack of them behind the cash register.(for those in the DMV, shoe city in Iverson Mall was known for doing that on major releases back then). I remember vividly asking one of the store reps and he said they are selling, but not enough for a major sellout like retro J’s. That’s when I knew that $200 price tag definitely turned people off. I also remember they eventually went down in price to $150. Same for the black/silver pair that came out in March of 02.

That Monday after the release of the wizards color in high school, I remember seeing a nice amount of people in my high school wearing them. Not a whole lot, but a decent amount. I used to think people with them have rich parents lol. For me, the 17’s were okay, nothing crazy. They weren’t really my favorites. Now, the lightening 17’s, I thought those were dope. I remember they came out very late in 9th grade and I only saw like, 3 people in my high school with them. I remember reading how limited they were back then. The other two lows were more of a general release.
I’m ‘86 just turned 38 on the 13th. Got a silly question is it called Iverson mall because of AI or just a coincidence ? LOL

And wow so that makes since why I didn’t know they dropped and only seen them in person once. Never knew they were limited. What a time it was being in high school in the early 2000s lol

I also remember being in gym class trying to dunk on someone and slightly fractured my ankle wearing the low top white / Carolina blue VIs. Still gives me problems smh

I’m ‘86 just turned 38 on the 13th. Got a silly question is it called Iverson mall because of AI or just a coincidence ? LOL

And wow so that makes since why I didn’t know they dropped and only seen them in person once. Never knew they were limited. What a time it was being in high school in the early 2000s lol

I also remember being in gym class trying to dunk on someone and slightly fractured my ankle wearing the low top white / Carolina blue VIs. Still gives me problems smh

Purely coincidence. Iverson Mall also isn’t the nicest mall to frequent in the DMV. Gotta keep your head on a swivel over there.

Back
Top Bottom