Jordan XVII Low University Blue - August 28, 2024

The back door was definitely open on this release, secured my pair from a homeboy at one of the spots that had them here…..he wanted less than $100 on top

IMG_0660.jpeg

nah shoe game won’t let us be great
“Shoe game” =/= Nike. Shoe game is dead and 9 out of 10 pairs are hitting discount or easily had for retail (across brands). I’m not even mad cause it’s not making Nike more money or more hype to sell more of another product.

Yeah it sucks it’s the 17 and not say 14’s taking the hit on micro production, but earmarking one model as a bone to toss small shops and bypass Nike’s current channels for everything else releasing is a minor inconvenience when you look at how attainable and low priced most of the rest of their portfolio has become for the average sneakerhead.

I believe the intention of the sales strategy on 17’s this year IS backdooring them. These small shops sell a good chunk of their inventory on resale platforms before release at a lower margin just to get them off their books, knowing they have to take them on to retain that Nike/JB account. Basically nothing coming their way from Nike is selling strong at full MSRP and the days of every release being easy to backdoor for over MSRP are long gone.

But this isn’t driving hype that moves more JB product and small shipments built into boutique contracts isn’t doing anything for Nike’s bottom line so it kind of has to be for these shady stores Nike wants to keep contracted for years to come.

when you plan a mini vacation for Labor Day and forget these drop the same week <<< lol no worries tho soon I get back these will be copped. I don’t mind paying the resell with my size. Did the same for the lightnings and most importantly I was happy as hell !

Pretty crazy I remember these being on clearance everywhere when they originally came out.
It actually makes sense why they were so hesitant to retro the later models. Much higher production costs and historically much lower sales.

Still doesn’t justify a planned strategy to artificially cap production as to not release them through their regular retail channels, but a $200 shoe in Feb 2002 is $353 in real dollars today.

It actually makes sense why they were so hesitant to retro the later models. Much higher production costs and historically much lower sales.

Still doesn’t justify a planned strategy to artificially cap production as to not release them through their regular retail channels, but a $200 shoe in Feb 2002 is $353 in real dollars today.
Yep exactly none of the later models really sold well I remember all of them sitting for the most part. Personally I was never a big fan of any of the 17s or Jordan’s in general after these.

Back
Top Bottom