Jordan Zoom Tenacity 88' more coming?.?

via the Pegasus Thread

anybody know if these has zoom?

midsole looks like racers and those has zoom, the tenacity 88 also had forefoot and heel zoom too but these looks sleeker and not too bad for $100
jordan racers.jpg

Wore these for the first time. Gym day to start breaking them in. Very comfy, very springy feel to them. Most been saying .5 size up but they feel TTS to me. I got them the same size as my Pegasus running shoes, so those of you who have had Pegasus, same size.

Edit: they come laced ridiculously tight, so adjust your laces as necessary

61B9E5DF-4C32-4E1B-A3E9-5AB82B272EC4.jpeg

Completed my morning run just now and after a week in these I’d say these are a solid performer; the only thing is that the flightspeed set up took a little longer for me to adjust due to me being almost flat-footed. Aside from that, I do enjoy the firm ride these provide and will be in the rotation now. I got the Pegasus Turbo coming in today so I’m definitely looking forward to trying that out.

61B9E5DF-4C32-4E1B-A3E9-5AB82B272EC4.jpeg

Completed my morning run just now and after a week in these I’d say these are a solid performer; the only thing is that the flightspeed set up took a little longer for me to adjust due to me being almost flat-footed. Aside from that, I do enjoy the firm ride these provide and will be in the rotation now. I got the Pegasus Turbo coming in today so I’m definitely looking forward to trying that out.

They are solid performers, but I like don’t how the red painted lace hole loops get worn down due to the lace friction.

It looks like JBR got it right with the R88s by stitching them instead...

broke these out for a 2.5 mile run today. Felt good. No break in needed for me. Springy and glad I went up half a size. I ran on mostly concrete with a little bit of asphalt. No soreness no aches. definitely adding to the rotation. so far my rotation is the alphabounce beyond (my favorite so far). older pair of energy boosts and these. Probably going to retire the energy boosts as beaters soon.

Copped for sizing. I went +1/2 size up just like the Flyknit Racer.

According to their description, there is no Zoom Air in these. The Tenacity has “Zoom” its name, but these don’t. The absence in its name is more evidence these don’t have Zoom. A sole swap might be the option to go now...

Also ordered another TB T88 for running purposes, and the other for casual.

Last edited:
Description says full length Air on the racers which is better than flyknit racers

Came home to the 88 Racers...
3C8E2EEF-DF50-4FBD-9E83-6387BBA71FFA.jpeg
Same size in both shoes.

They fit pretty long, so I’d suggest opting for your true size. For reference, i go +1/2 in the FKRs. In regards to Zoom, I didn’t feel the same snappiness when I wore the FKR on one foot and the 88Rs on the other. :/ I wonder if the Oregon Project edition has Zoom because I'm sure Nike wouldn't equip their athletes with vintage tech for performance...

I definitely plan to reorder them in my true size and swap them onto a Vomero11/T88 sole... I’ve got to have Zoom if I want to run in these.

As is, or as stock, I’m more of a fan of the T88s over Racers. Zoom is a MUST for me! Lol

Last edited:
Came home to the 88 Racers...
3C8E2EEF-DF50-4FBD-9E83-6387BBA71FFA.jpeg
Same size in both shoes.

They fit pretty long, so I’d suggest opting for your true size. For reference, i go +1/2 in the FKRs. In regards to Zoom, I didn’t feel the same snappiness when I wore the FKR on one foot and the 88Rs on the other. :/ I wonder if the Oregon Project edition has Zoom because I'm sure Nike wouldn't equip their athletes with vintage tech for performance...

I definitely plan to reorder them in my true size and swap them onto a Vomero11/T88 sole... I’ve got to have Zoom if I want to run in these.

As is, or as stock, I’m more of a fan of the T88s over Racers. Zoom is a MUST for me! Lol

Got my 88’s in, ordered both a size 10 and 10.5 for sizing. I’d say definitely go with your Peg 35 size. For $100, I knew these wouldn’t have zoom (despite the early reports). It’s kinda disappointing though because I would’ve paid $20 for forefoot Zoom but they didn’t even give us the opportunity.

Edit: is it confirmed these even have regular air? Weartester’s review says it’s just foam...

It looks like they just updated the description... it’s just cushlon :/ hopefully, someone out there dissects them, so we all can know lol

I’m disappointed as well. A sole swap is necessary.

How’s you go about sizing in the Peg35 btw? TTS?

It looks like they just updated the description... it’s just cushlon :/ hopefully, someone out there dissects them, so we all can know lol

I’m disappointed as well. A sole swap is necessary.

How’s you go about sizing in the Peg35 btw? TTS?
Yeah, TTS which for Nike/Hoka/adidas running is 10.5

It’s crazy these have no Zoom. For $110, PG’s have forefoot Zoom. For $90, the Zoom Streak LT’s have a small heel zoom unit.

FWIW...
i have a pair of zoom tenacity 88 which i love. bought the racers because i also love the white/cement colorway. here are the differences i noticed:
  • zoom tenacity 88 require going up half a size. racers are true to size.
  • zoom tenacity 88 has plenty of toebox room with a nice rounded toe. racers are quite pointy with noticeably less space in the toe.
  • racers run much more narrow.
  • zoom tenacity 88 have a terrific zoom unit. racers only have cushlon.
  • racers do have sewn lace loops as opposed to painted loops on the tenacity 88.
  • racers have an odd tongue setup which i find annoying to deal with.
  • racers are super breathable and lightweight.
i'm sending mine back. not worth 100 to me.

Back
Top Bottom