Jordans scuffed fresh out of the box?

The last 5 pairs of Jordans I have purchased (White Cement 3s, Playoff 13s, Bordeaux 7s, and recently , Lime Green 2011s, and True Blue 3s) have all come with atleast a scrape, scuffs, or glue marks.  Now I know that the quality of JB lately has been up and down, but in my opinion, there's a differance between the quality of materials used, and a shoe just being poorly produced.  There is nothing more frustrating than cracking the box open on a fresh pair of Jordans, and realizing that they are scraped already out of the box.  My True Blues were scraped, the paint looked cheap, and the shoe actually smelled like paint.  My Bordeaux 7s looked like they were held together at every seam by 8lbs of glue.   Has JB gotten so bad that all we can really do is just accept that this is how it is, and walk around with a scuffed up sneaker that came like that?  Back in the 90s when I fell in love with Jordans, every pair I ever laid eyes on was in perfect condition.  There were never any defects right out of the box.    Is it just my bad experiences, or are other people having this same problem? 

Also, all of these purchases have all been online from either Finishline or Eastbay, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?  Thoughts?

(P.S....I'm sorry if this is a rant, but I just felt the need to get my thought out there, and see what other's thought)

The last 5 pairs of Jordans I have purchased (White Cement 3s, Playoff 13s, Bordeaux 7s, and recently , Lime Green 2011s, and True Blue 3s) have all come with atleast a scrape, scuffs, or glue marks.  Now I know that the quality of JB lately has been up and down, but in my opinion, there's a differance between the quality of materials used, and a shoe just being poorly produced.  There is nothing more frustrating than cracking the box open on a fresh pair of Jordans, and realizing that they are scraped already out of the box.  My True Blues were scraped, the paint looked cheap, and the shoe actually smelled like paint.  My Bordeaux 7s looked like they were held together at every seam by 8lbs of glue.   Has JB gotten so bad that all we can really do is just accept that this is how it is, and walk around with a scuffed up sneaker that came like that?  Back in the 90s when I fell in love with Jordans, every pair I ever laid eyes on was in perfect condition.  There were never any defects right out of the box.    Is it just my bad experiences, or are other people having this same problem? 

Also, all of these purchases have all been online from either Finishline or Eastbay, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?  Thoughts?

(P.S....I'm sorry if this is a rant, but I just felt the need to get my thought out there, and see what other's thought)

If you bought them at the store & didn't check,
you've only yourself to blame.
But if you order them online that's a different scenario all together.

If you bought them at the store & didn't check,
you've only yourself to blame.
But if you order them online that's a different scenario all together.

Ok so let's ignore the last guys post that had nothing to do with the question but yes slot of the recent retros have been bad on quality control but it is what it is if Jordan retros let's say Colombia 11s but they can with dog sh*t on the bottom people would still buy them wile off the dog sh*t and kep it moving really it's our own fault jb has gotten this bad

Ok so let's ignore the last guys post that had nothing to do with the question but yes slot of the recent retros have been bad on quality control but it is what it is if Jordan retros let's say Colombia 11s but they can with dog sh*t on the bottom people would still buy them wile off the dog sh*t and kep it moving really it's our own fault jb has gotten this bad

Originally Posted by LiveYungDieRich89

Ok lets have someone try explaining what you meant
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

but really another thread created to rant about "quality"?!?!?!?  I think the solution is, if youre not happy with the product dont buy it or if you did buy and youre not happy, return it...........FIXED!!! 

CLOSE THREAD

Originally Posted by LiveYungDieRich89

Ok lets have someone try explaining what you meant
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

but really another thread created to rant about "quality"?!?!?!?  I think the solution is, if youre not happy with the product dont buy it or if you did buy and youre not happy, return it...........FIXED!!! 

CLOSE THREAD

I got my banned 1's scuffed, but its my bad for not checking when I got them. Some brown spot!!!!!! It wiped off easily tho.

I got my banned 1's scuffed, but its my bad for not checking when I got them. Some brown spot!!!!!! It wiped off easily tho.

I see it with every release. I get to cherry pick mine. Then the customers get what's left...
That's how the game goes. Check ya kicks before you buy that's all I can say

I see it with every release. I get to cherry pick mine. Then the customers get what's left...
That's how the game goes. Check ya kicks before you buy that's all I can say

A lot of the time if you get them at the store, scrapes and scuffs are due to people trying them on a little bit before you, and associates being inconsiderate ***holes and just shoving the shoes in the box when they're done looking at them when they first arrive in store. Regardless, JB doesn't do the best job at checking for glue build up and factory scuffs. Shoes are shoes though.

A lot of the time if you get them at the store, scrapes and scuffs are due to people trying them on a little bit before you, and associates being inconsiderate ***holes and just shoving the shoes in the box when they're done looking at them when they first arrive in store. Regardless, JB doesn't do the best job at checking for glue build up and factory scuffs. Shoes are shoes though.

Another complaint thread?? REALLY??!! I totally understand where

OP is coming from, but how many times does this topic come up?

I have come to the conclusion that ordering kicks online is

a losing battle. Getting a flawless pair from an online retailer is

like hitting the lotto. Even the big retailers are sending the wrong sizes

to customers and not double boxing or sending kicks without boxes.

Where they do that at??!! If I can't cop in person and inspect my pair

I'm not coppin...period end of discussion! You're better off grabbing a

FUNGUS infested NDS pair for under retail...Just my $ 0.02

Another complaint thread?? REALLY??!! I totally understand where

OP is coming from, but how many times does this topic come up?

I have come to the conclusion that ordering kicks online is

a losing battle. Getting a flawless pair from an online retailer is

like hitting the lotto. Even the big retailers are sending the wrong sizes

to customers and not double boxing or sending kicks without boxes.

Where they do that at??!! If I can't cop in person and inspect my pair

I'm not coppin...period end of discussion! You're better off grabbing a

FUNGUS infested NDS pair for under retail...Just my $ 0.02

Check your pairs before you purchase. My HOH tries to play games and ring you out before you look at them but I refuse to pay before I see my pair. No damn way I'm paying $150 plus for a pair of kicks only to get one scuffed. I learned this back in the day...

Check your pairs before you purchase. My HOH tries to play games and ring you out before you look at them but I refuse to pay before I see my pair. No damn way I'm paying $150 plus for a pair of kicks only to get one scuffed. I learned this back in the day...

Back
Top Bottom