Jose Bautista...

Y'all think he's juicing? I suspect it too but its hard to prove it when he hasnt been caught. Maybe he stopped cycling before pre-season...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Anybody who thinks that steroids can make a player hit 40+ more home runs than he has ever hit in his life needs to get serious $$%@#%! clue

says the canadian sports fan.........

everyone's a suspect .......

Anybody who thinks that steroids can make a player hit 40+ more home runs than he has ever hit in his life needs to get serious $$%@#%! clue

Anybody who thinks that steroids can make a player hit 40+ more home runs than he has ever hit in his life needs to get serious +%%##$! clue
I'm not one of the people saying that he's on the juice... HOWEVER... what would enable him to hit 40+ more home runs than he has ever hit in his entire life, then?

Hitting the weight room? Seeing the ball better?...
ohwell.gif

C'mon. I'm not suggesting steroids but something has changed. Not sure what.

By the way, I know about how he turned it on in September of 2009. I'm not commenting on the topic without some background knowledge.

Originally Posted by onewearz

says the yankees fan.......

Anybody who thinks that steroids can make a player hit 40+ more home runs than he has ever hit in his life needs to get serious +%%##$! clue
I'm not one of the people saying that he's on the juice... HOWEVER... what would enable him to hit 40+ more home runs than he has ever hit in his entire life, then?

Hitting the weight room? Seeing the ball better?...
ohwell.gif

C'mon. I'm not suggesting steroids but something has changed. Not sure what.

By the way, I know about how he turned it on in September of 2009. I'm not commenting on the topic without some background knowledge.

it came out of no where...it doesn't make sense

he ended last year hitting 10 hrs in september but for it to carry over till the next season and at this rate is weird.

I'm happy for him, and he will get paid next year but it's suspect.

I don't care...i picked him up in fantasy when he had 11 homers...beast.

it came out of no where...it doesn't make sense

he ended last year hitting 10 hrs in september but for it to carry over till the next season and at this rate is weird.

I'm happy for him, and he will get paid next year but it's suspect.

I don't care...i picked him up in fantasy when he had 11 homers...beast.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

laugh.gif

if brett gardner hits 50 hr's next year i'd love to hear the congrats on the " hard work " he put in .

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

laugh.gif

if brett gardner hits 50 hr's next year i'd love to hear the congrats on the " hard work " he put in .

It's pretty obvious that Jose Bautista's performance this year has been aided by PEDs. He's purposely trying to hit fly balls, which is a dead giveaway. Bautista's batted ball breakdown is 14.8% line drives, 30.0% ground balls, and 55.2% fly balls. Only Aramis Ramirez has a higher fly ball percentage and that's only because he's had an off year (Ramirez couldn't make solid contact with anything for the first 3 months of the season).

PEDs don't make you a better hitter, but the added strength can turn fly ball outs into home runs. Prior to this year, Bautista's HR per Fly Ball ratio was 10.3%. This year, 21.1% of his fly balls are leaving the yard.

Bautista picked the wrong time to reap the benefits of PED use. 2010 has truly been the "year of the pitcher." Slugging percentage league-wide is at its lowest level in 17 years. Dude is 1 HR away from 50 and nobody else even has 40 HR... that's not alarming at all.
laugh.gif

Bautista leads MLB in Isolated Power (ISO = slugging percentage - batting average) by an astounding 62 points. Besides Barry Bonds, nobody has posted a higher ISO since Jim Thome in 2002.

[table][tr][th="col"]Name[/th][th="col"]AVG[/th][th="col"]SLG[/th][th="col"]ISO [/th][th="col"]BABIP[/th][/tr][tr][td]Jose Bautista[/td][td].262[/td][td].616[/td][td].353[/td][td].238[/td][/tr][tr][td]Miguel Cabrera[/td][td].332[/td][td].623[/td][td].291[/td][td].343[/td][/tr][tr][td]Albert Pujols[/td][td].309[/td][td].594[/td][td].285[/td][td].292[/td][/tr][tr][td]Adam Dunn[/td][td].264[/td][td].545[/td][td].281[/td][td].329[/td][/tr][tr][td]Paul Konerko[/td][td].323[/td][td].604[/td][td].280[/td][td].337[/td][/tr][tr][td]Josh Hamilton[/td][td].361[/td][td].635[/td][td].274[/td][td].396[/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Gonzalez[/td][td].341[/td][td].610[/td][td].269[/td][td].388[/td][/tr][tr][td]Joey Votto[/td][td].321[/td][td].589[/td][td].268[/td][td].355[/td][/tr][/table]

It's pretty obvious that Jose Bautista's performance this year has been aided by PEDs. He's purposely trying to hit fly balls, which is a dead giveaway. Bautista's batted ball breakdown is 14.8% line drives, 30.0% ground balls, and 55.2% fly balls. Only Aramis Ramirez has a higher fly ball percentage and that's only because he's had an off year (Ramirez couldn't make solid contact with anything for the first 3 months of the season).

PEDs don't make you a better hitter, but the added strength can turn fly ball outs into home runs. Prior to this year, Bautista's HR per Fly Ball ratio was 10.3%. This year, 21.1% of his fly balls are leaving the yard.

Bautista picked the wrong time to reap the benefits of PED use. 2010 has truly been the "year of the pitcher." Slugging percentage league-wide is at its lowest level in 17 years. Dude is 1 HR away from 50 and nobody else even has 40 HR... that's not alarming at all.
laugh.gif

Bautista leads MLB in Isolated Power (ISO = slugging percentage - batting average) by an astounding 62 points. Besides Barry Bonds, nobody has posted a higher ISO since Jim Thome in 2002.

[table][tr][th="col"]Name[/th][th="col"]AVG[/th][th="col"]SLG[/th][th="col"]ISO [/th][th="col"]BABIP[/th][/tr][tr][td]Jose Bautista[/td][td].262[/td][td].616[/td][td].353[/td][td].238[/td][/tr][tr][td]Miguel Cabrera[/td][td].332[/td][td].623[/td][td].291[/td][td].343[/td][/tr][tr][td]Albert Pujols[/td][td].309[/td][td].594[/td][td].285[/td][td].292[/td][/tr][tr][td]Adam Dunn[/td][td].264[/td][td].545[/td][td].281[/td][td].329[/td][/tr][tr][td]Paul Konerko[/td][td].323[/td][td].604[/td][td].280[/td][td].337[/td][/tr][tr][td]Josh Hamilton[/td][td].361[/td][td].635[/td][td].274[/td][td].396[/td][/tr][tr][td]Carlos Gonzalez[/td][td].341[/td][td].610[/td][td].269[/td][td].388[/td][/tr][tr][td]Joey Votto[/td][td].321[/td][td].589[/td][td].268[/td][td].355[/td][/tr][/table]

Well, hitters that hit 40+ sometimes have off seasons and hit in the 20s and then get back to the norm the next season....so it shouldn't be impossible for someone to not have a lot of HR's and then have a great season. Who knows though, that is A LOT more than he's ever hit. Good for him if it's legit
pimp.gif

I feel bad for him if he is 100% legit and just put in a ton of work, cuz everyone is gona think he's on the juice no matter what. 

Well, hitters that hit 40+ sometimes have off seasons and hit in the 20s and then get back to the norm the next season....so it shouldn't be impossible for someone to not have a lot of HR's and then have a great season. Who knows though, that is A LOT more than he's ever hit. Good for him if it's legit
pimp.gif

I feel bad for him if he is 100% legit and just put in a ton of work, cuz everyone is gona think he's on the juice no matter what. 

Well Bonds only hit over 50 homers ONCE. *shrug*

Well Bonds only hit over 50 homers ONCE. *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom