Josh Smith nearly killed Steve Nash.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by CP1708

KayCurrency wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Ok, just so we're clear......you're saying that Nash made the right play by just standing there hoping to get a call?

There's no way he could have just fouled Smith? Maybe met him at the top of the key and either fouled him or make him him pass the ball off?

His ONLY option was to stand there and hope the ref bailed him out? That was his ONLY choice?

Is this what you are saying?

You're acting like Nash ran back and stood there for a few seconds waiting on smith to charge into him....It was a split second decision....He played the ball and the pass to the best of his ability....Dont forget that Josh Smith is 6'9 with incredible athleticism, and he used that to his advantage... If that was Amare, the results would have probably been different due to the fact that Amare can Jump with Josh...

HE HAD 3 QUARTERS OF A COURT TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO!!!!!

Come on man, this isn't the guy's first time standing there while someone flies over him for the dunk. This is not the first time I have seen Steve Nash run to a spot to get a whistle instead of playing actual basketball. He ran backwards and then got in position to do nothing but wait for his friends in the striped shirts to bail him out. Period.

STOP THE BALL is number one priority on a fast break. J-Rich was right there, and I mean right there, so all Nash had to do was stop backpedaling at the 3 point line, or at worst the top of the circle and make Smith pass the ball off. Obviously we all know that Smith can fly and there was no way Nash was blockin the shot or any of that, I'm not asking for that. But Nash and his TEAM defense should know that praying for whistles only works if you're D-Wade. (ok, that was a cheap shot)

Bottom line, Nash ran backwards just to stand there and do nothing. He made no attempt to play basketball or make a basketball play, he just tried to get the refs to make a call for him. And that is bush league. That is vaginal defense and is exactly why Nash is a bum of the highest order. And yet fans such as yourself will do anything and everything to defend the man and praise how "smart" he is, while completely forgetting that half his work comes with 3 striped shirts backing him up.

The dude is a fraud. But if you want to defend him for being a scrub, then by all means. You have your right to an opinion as much as I have mine.
wink.gif

The hate is strong in this one. Taking a charge is a basketball play.
laugh.gif

No, it's not.

You take charges on the blacktop with your boys? I bet they don't let you play if you do.

Running to a spot that you know the offensive player is headed for so that a ref blows a whistle is not a basketball play.

KayCurrency wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Ok, just so we're clear......you're saying that Nash made the right play by just standing there hoping to get a call?

There's no way he could have just fouled Smith? Maybe met him at the top of the key and either fouled him or make him him pass the ball off?

His ONLY option was to stand there and hope the ref bailed him out? That was his ONLY choice?

You're acting like Nash ran back and stood there for a few seconds waiting on smith to charge into him....It was a split second decision....He played the ball and the pass to the best of his ability....Dont forget that Josh Smith is 6'9 with incredible athleticism, and he used that to his advantage... If that was Amare, the results would have probably been different due to the fact that Amare can Jump with Josh...

Come on man, this isn't the guy's first time standing there while someone flies over him for the dunk. This is not the first time I have seen Steve Nash run to a spot to get a whistle instead of playing actual basketball. He ran backwards and then got in position to do nothing but wait for his friends in the striped shirts to bail him out. Period.

STOP THE BALL is number one priority on a fast break. J-Rich was right there, and I mean right there, so all Nash had to do was stop backpedaling at the 3 point line, or at worst the top of the circle and make Smith pass the ball off. Obviously we all know that Smith can fly and there was no way Nash was blockin the shot or any of that, I'm not asking for that. But Nash and his TEAM defense should know that praying for whistles only works if you're D-Wade. (ok, that was a cheap shot)

Bottom line, Nash ran backwards just to stand there and do nothing. He made no attempt to play basketball or make a basketball play, he just tried to get the refs to make a call for him. And that is bush league. That is vaginal defense and is exactly why Nash is a bum of the highest order. And yet fans such as yourself will do anything and everything to defend the man and praise how "smart" he is, while completely forgetting that half his work comes with 3 striped shirts backing him up.

The dude is a fraud. But if you want to defend him for being a scrub, then by all means. You have your right to an opinion as much as I have mine.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

No, it's not.

You take charges on the blacktop with your boys? I bet they don't let you play if you do.

Running to a spot that you know the offensive player is headed for so that a ref blows a whistle is not a basketball play.

This is the NBA fam...
laugh.gif
Like I said...."have yall ever playedORGANIZED basketball?"

I already answered that *^#@.

What's organized about standing flat footed hoping a 60 year old ref blows the whistle on the guy that is actually playing basketball? (Smith)

That's organized to you?

Nash got what he deserved, like I said, this ain't the first time he stood somewhere beggin for calls while actual basketball players continued playin.

What's organized about standing flat footed hoping a 60 year old ref blows the whistle on the guy that is actually playing basketball? (Smith)

That's organized to you?

Nash got what he deserved, like I said, this ain't the first time he stood somewhere beggin for calls while actual basketball players continued playin.

You know nothing about Basketball....Im done
laugh.gif

That's organized to you?

He's not beggin' for a call. Taking a charge is part of the game... It's not like he flopped.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

No it wasn't. He didn't do the most important thing...stop the ball. He wasn't playing the passing lane...he just went straight back. Didn't even attempt to make J smoove make a decision.

Did you not see that teammate running to the left of Smith?....if nash played the ball...thats a EASY lay-up for who ever that was on the wing...

You cant play the ball on a mismatch break....

Yea I did...Josh had the ball at the 3/4 court when Nash started runnin back to the lane. So he had time to TRY to stop the ball. The guy on the left isn't as important as the guy with the ball...only the guy with the ball can score. So you stop the ball.....and hopefully a teammate(J-Rich) can get back and stop the easy layup OR you can get back and foul....to stop the easy layup.

So Josh Smith was gonna spot up a pop a trey?
laugh.gif
We're not talkin about Ray Allen...We're talking about Josh Smith...If Nash Played the ball as soon as Josh recieved it...Thats a uncontested Lay-up for the wing-man...point blank...
Who said ANYTHING about Josh shooting? Nash had 3 quarters of a court to TRY to force a more difficult shot and he didn't. He never attemptedto make a play on the ball. Thats horrible defense. I never said as soon as he recieved the ball he should make a play but Josh dribbled from the 3/4 courtline to the hole and NO ONE attempted to slow him down. You don't take a charge unless you can't make a play on the ball. That wasn't the case andeven then he still couldn't get set. Bottom line is that was terrible D.

i dont know what all the arguing is about...nash was set when josh took off but he didnt sell the charge correctly because dude was backpedaling after contactbefore he fell and therefore the ref says no charge....and this was at atlanta, i dont think the refs would want to take that away from the fans

KayCurrency wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

wink.gif

laugh.gif

No, it's not.

Becvuase what you do on the "black top with your boys" is the litmus test for quality basketball.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

Bottom line is that was terrible D.
grin.gif
grin.gif
It was. Has nothing to do with it being Nash...justperiod. Running back that far to try and take a charge instead of actually stopping the ball is terrible. Period.

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

Bottom line is that was terrible D.
grin.gif
grin.gif
It was. Has nothing to do with it being Nash...just period. Running back that far to try and take a charge instead of actually stopping the ball is terrible. Period.

If it was a 1-on-1 break you would be right....

PLUS....He didnt run back just to draw the charge....it was basically his last option...

The only thing that Nash could've done is
A) TRY and wrap Smith up in the backcourt probably giving up a layup to Joe Johnson
B) TRY and take a charge.
EDIT: C) This is the option I would've taken: GTF outta the way

I mean either way what do u want Steve Nash to do? Try and stay in front of Smith as he's coming at you on a FAST BREAK? Cmon now.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

The only thing that Nash could've done is
A) TRY and wrap Smith up in the backcourt
B) TRY and take a charge.

I mean either way what do u want Steve Nash to do? Try and stay in front of Smith as he's coming at you on a FAST BREAK? Cmon now.

Exactly...Even if he stopped him at half court...Josh still woulda had a teammate down court WIDE open

I'm done...if its seriously this hard to understand that the most important thing to stop is the ball I don't know what else to say. He didn't evenTRY regardless of if JJ would have had a wide open layup...IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE DOESN'T HAVE THE BALL. Simple concept really.

Bad play for Nash. Even if he planted his feet as somone said above me I'm sure he wouldv'e caught a knee to the chin, easy.

Back
Top Bottom