Josh Smith nearly killed Steve Nash.

D Rich: 'Ayo Steve.. I can't hold you up son...get out the way!"
e8e90358617724acd216aa52ba2e6c65-getty-82994299sc005_suns_hawks.jpg

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by CP1708

Typical Nash basketball.

Instead of trying to prevent a basket, by actually PLAYING basketball, why not stand there and hope the refs bail me out.
smh.gif

And people on this board consider him a good "team" defender.

How the hell is 6'3, 175lb Steve Nash supposed to stop 6'9, 245lb Josh smith?...Have yall ever played Organized Basketball?
laugh.gif

Did I ask him to block the shot? Did I ask him to steal the ball?

No.

I asked Steve to do something himself, to PLAY basketball.

Standing flat footed and hoping an official blows the whistle for you is NOT playing basketball.

Do you consider praying for whistles "playing organized basketball?"

Thought not.
wink.gif

If you look at the Video...Nash was trying to play the passing lanes because he was basically the only one who hustled back on defense...Josh saw that nash was playing off the ball and decided to drive the lane...Nash stepped in...Nothing more the man can do...

If anything, J-Rich should have stopped smith..

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You people kill me. Nash was the only one who hustled back? He was near mid court when Smith got the ball. He had 50 feet to decide what to do. He chose tostand there and hope for a whistle. And yet you blame J-Rich for not making a play and credit Nash with at least hustling?
laugh.gif

Sheesh.
smh.gif

Typical Nash basketball.

Instead of trying to prevent a basket, by actually PLAYING basketball, why not stand there and hope the refs bail me out.
smh.gif

And people on this board consider him a good "team" defender.

How the hell is 6'3, 175lb Steve Nash supposed to stop 6'9, 245lb Josh smith?...Have yall ever played Organized Basketball?
laugh.gif

Did I ask him to block the shot? Did I ask him to steal the ball?

No.

I asked Steve to do something himself, to PLAY basketball.

Standing flat footed and hoping an official blows the whistle for you is NOT playing basketball.

Do you consider praying for whistles "playing organized basketball?"

Thought not.
wink.gif

If you look at the Video...Nash was trying to play the passing lanes because he was basically the only one who hustled back on defense...Josh saw that nash was playing off the ball and decided to drive the lane...Nash stepped in...Nothing more the man can do...

If anything, J-Rich should have stopped smith..

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You people kill me. Nash was the only one who hustled back? He was near mid court when Smith got the ball. He had 50 feet to decide what to do. He chose to stand there and hope for a whistle. And yet you blame J-Rich for not making a play and credit Nash with at least hustling?
laugh.gif

Sheesh.
smh.gif

...If nash played the ball all the way down court, Smith had two other teammates to pass to....you cant play man-to-man defense on a 3-on-1 fam'....WhatNash did was the correct....He covered the passing lanes to prevent a easy goal...then stepped infront of Smith when he saw that he wasnt passing...MostPG's would have moved out of the way....

No it wasn't. He didn't do the most important thing...stop the ball. He wasn't playing the passing lane...he just went straight back. Didn'teven attempt to make J smoove make a decision.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

No it wasn't. He didn't do the most important thing...stop the ball. He wasn't playing the passing lane...he just went straight back. Didn't even attempt to make J smoove make a decision.

Did you not see that teammate running to the left of Smith?....if nash played the ball...thats a EASY lay-up for who ever that was on the wing...

You cant play the ball on a mismatch break....

Ok, just so we're clear......you're saying that Nash made the right play by just standing there hoping to get a call?

There's no way he could have just fouled Smith? Maybe met him at the top of the key and either fouled him or make him him pass the ball off?

His ONLY option was to stand there and hope the ref bailed him out? That was his ONLY choice?

Is this what you are saying?

No it wasn't. He didn't do the most important thing...stop the ball. He wasn't playing the passing lane...he just went straight back. Didn't even attempt to make J smoove make a decision.

Did you not see that teammate running to the left of Smith?....if nash played the ball...thats a EASY lay-up for who ever that was on the wing...

Yea I did...Josh had the ball at the 3/4 court when Nash started runnin back to the lane. So he had time to TRY to stop the ball. The guy on the left isn'tas important as the guy with the ball...only the guy with the ball can score. So you stop the ball.....and hopefully a teammate(J-Rich) can get back and stopthe easy layup OR you can get back and foul....to stop the easy layup.

Originally Posted by 531

it's just sad that nash is smart on the offensive end, but incredibly retarted on the defensive end. yes that was a charge, but dude should know better after kobe made love to his face in 05.

How is that being "incredibly ******ed on the defensive end?" You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Ok, just so we're clear......you're saying that Nash made the right play by just standing there hoping to get a call?

There's no way he could have just fouled Smith? Maybe met him at the top of the key and either fouled him or make him him pass the ball off?

His ONLY option was to stand there and hope the ref bailed him out? That was his ONLY choice?

You're acting like Nash ran back and stood there for a few seconds waiting on smith to charge into him....It was a split second decision....He played theball and the pass to the best of his ability....Dont forget that Josh Smith is 6'9 with incredible athleticism, and he used that to his advantage... Ifthat was Amare, the results would have probably been different due to the fact that Amare can Jump with Josh...

Yea I did...Josh had the ball at the 3/4 court when Nash started runnin back to the lane. So he had time to TRY to stop the ball. The guy on the left isn't as important as the guy with the ball...only the guy with the ball can score. So you stop the ball.....and hopefully a teammate(J-Rich) can get back and stop the easy layup OR you can get back and foul....to stop the easy layup.

So Josh Smith was gonna spot up a pop a trey?
laugh.gif
We're not talkinabout Ray Allen...We're talking about Josh Smith...If Nash Played the ball as soon as Josh recieved it...Thats a uncontested Lay-up for thewing-man...point blank...

I don't see why people hate on charging so much.

It's a part of the game. Without it, stronger players would take advantage of it and just run over players.

Are you saying that Nash flopped?

Charging is a part of the game. If the refs are going to call it, I don't see why Nash is wrong for trying to pick up the offensive foul.

KayCurrency wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

You're acting like Nash ran back and stood there for a few seconds waiting on smith to charge into him....It was a split second decision....He played the ball and the pass to the best of his ability....Dont forget that Josh Smith is 6'9 with incredible athleticism, and he used that to his advantage... If that was Amare, the results would have probably been different due to the fact that Amare can Jump with Josh...

HE HAD 3 QUARTERS OF A COURT TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO!!!!!

Come on man, this isn't the guy's first time standing there while someone flies over him for the dunk. This is not the first time I have seen SteveNash run to a spot to get a whistle instead of playing actual basketball. He ran backwards and then got in position to do nothing but wait for his friends inthe striped shirts to bail him out. Period.

STOP THE BALL is number one priority on a fast break. J-Rich was right there, and I mean right there, so all Nash had to do was stop backpedaling at the 3point line, or at worst the top of the circle and make Smith pass the ball off. Obviously we all know that Smith can fly and there was no way Nash was blockinthe shot or any of that, I'm not asking for that. But Nash and his TEAM defense should know that praying for whistles only works if you're D-Wade. (ok, that was a cheap shot)

Bottom line, Nash ran backwards just to stand there and do nothing. He made no attempt to play basketball or make a basketball play, he just tried to get therefs to make a call for him. And that is bush league. That is vaginal defense and is exactly why Nash is a bum of the highest order. And yet fans such asyourself will do anything and everything to defend the man and praise how "smart" he is, while completely forgetting that half his work comes with 3striped shirts backing him up.

The dude is a fraud. But if you want to defend him for being a scrub, then by all means. You have your right to an opinion as much as I have mine.
wink.gif

true 3 blue wrote:
eek.gif
smh.gif

Look at the 3-4 second mark of the Vid...J-Rich wanted NO parts of what Josh was bringing....He had a WAY better chance to "stop the ball" or"foul" with the position he had and his Size and athleticism...Son wasnt playing the passing lanes or anything of that nature�
laugh.gif
....Nash did allhe could do...

^
And look at the 6 second mark, what's the first thing J-Rich does? Beg for a foul. Phoenix Suns defense at it's finest.
pimp.gif

Josh Smith gets the ball, drives full length of the court without any one trying to stop him, jumps from just inside the free throw line, not ONE Sun tries tomake a basketball play, and what do they want? A foul call on Smith.
indifferent.gif

Pathetic.

LOL, can't wait for Chi-Town to come thru Saturday night! Hope the Suns bring that same half-$+@ defense they're known for, D. Rose will have a fieldday on Nash.
pimp.gif

im tryin to see why nobody on j rich case if he stoped the ball nash could have played the other dude but if nash stoped josh then the wine man gets a easy layup

i saw this yesterday on espn hi light i was like awww !%%* my men steve nash got dunked on

Man, when the $*!% is youtube gonna get innovative and create a slow-mo option?

KayCurrency wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

You're acting like Nash ran back and stood there for a few seconds waiting on smith to charge into him....It was a split second decision....He played the ball and the pass to the best of his ability....Dont forget that Josh Smith is 6'9 with incredible athleticism, and he used that to his advantage... If that was Amare, the results would have probably been different due to the fact that Amare can Jump with Josh...

HE HAD 3 QUARTERS OF A COURT TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO!!!!!

Come on man, this isn't the guy's first time standing there while someone flies over him for the dunk. This is not the first time I have seen Steve Nash run to a spot to get a whistle instead of playing actual basketball. He ran backwards and then got in position to do nothing but wait for his friends in the striped shirts to bail him out. Period.

STOP THE BALL is number one priority on a fast break. J-Rich was right there, and I mean right there, so all Nash had to do was stop backpedaling at the 3 point line, or at worst the top of the circle and make Smith pass the ball off. Obviously we all know that Smith can fly and there was no way Nash was blockin the shot or any of that, I'm not asking for that. But Nash and his TEAM defense should know that praying for whistles only works if you're D-Wade. (ok, that was a cheap shot)

Bottom line, Nash ran backwards just to stand there and do nothing. He made no attempt to play basketball or make a basketball play, he just tried to get the refs to make a call for him. And that is bush league. That is vaginal defense and is exactly why Nash is a bum of the highest order. And yet fans such as yourself will do anything and everything to defend the man and praise how "smart" he is, while completely forgetting that half his work comes with 3 striped shirts backing him up.

The dude is a fraud. But if you want to defend him for being a scrub, then by all means. You have your right to an opinion as much as I have mine.
wink.gif

The hate is strong in this one. Taking a charge is a basketball play.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom