Junior seau involved in shooting

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

are they positive it was a suicide?

Didnt the Chief of Police say no suicide note was found?

gun shot to the chest with a hand gun seems very odd to me.
Football players have been asked by researchers to donate their brain after they die so the effects of all the collisions can be studied. 

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Originally Posted by romedadude

Watching the Marcellus Wiley comments.
What did he say?
He was emotional, but he kept his composure and talked about how big of an impact Seau had on him despite only playing two seasons with him.

1U3Ay.png

frown.gif

frown.gif

frown.gif

R.I.P. #55

Real talk.

I was born & raised here in SD and today San Diego lost it's finest Son 
tired.gif

The guy was a class act on & off the field.

Him, Tony Gwynn, and Trevor Hoffman are SD's sports icons.

No other athletes past or present (Tomlinson, Rivers, Fouts, Gates) will ever come close to these three guys in SD.

I was just in complete shock and at a loss for words today when I found out the news.

RIP 

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Watching the Marcellus Wiley comments.
What did he say?
He was emotional, but he kept his composure and talked about how big of an impact Seau had on him despite only playing two seasons with him.
man the part that got me was when he was saying something like....we already know youre superman on the field, we were your best friends, you couldve told us what you were going through so we couldve helped you...then he started choking up, and so did i
frown.gif

those comments really put it into perspective...like he spent his whole life/career being a leader and setting the example, but its very possible that he was struggling and he just couldnt let his guard down. so damn sad.

I loved watching Seau play in college & in the pros. Also loved all the Dennis Hopper/Stanley the RefNike commercials. Here's the Seau one from '95...

^Nice find!

Eric Olsen, an offensive guard for the New Orleans Saints, shared a sweet story about how he met Seau in high school, and the encounter changed his life.
Wow this is a tough one.. When I was a frosh in HS Junior Seau worked the Jay Fiedler Football camp and at the end of one of the days he challenged any1 to a 1 on 1. Being one of the 'big' kids, I was volunteered by my buddies and went up in front of the whole camp to face this monster of a man. Shaking in my cleats, he gave me a wink before a coach gave the cadence. He let me pancake him. And he sold it too. I can't even tell you how good I felt at that moment; it changed me forever. The whole camp cheered for me, a chubby kid that didn't know if he even liked football. From then on I was addicted. All thanks 2 this 10 time all-pro that felt like making some snot-nosed kid's day. Doesn't seem like much but it meant a lot to me. Sorry for the essay just had to share. RIP Junior I'll never forget what you did for me.

Originally Posted by CAto312

^Nice find!

Eric Olsen, an offensive guard for the New Orleans Saints, shared a sweet story about how he met Seau in high school, and the encounter changed his life.
Wow this is a tough one.. When I was a frosh in HS Junior Seau worked the Jay Fiedler Football camp and at the end of one of the days he challenged any1 to a 1 on 1. Being one of the 'big' kids, I was volunteered by my buddies and went up in front of the whole camp to face this monster of a man. Shaking in my cleats, he gave me a wink before a coach gave the cadence. He let me pancake him. And he sold it too. I can't even tell you how good I felt at that moment; it changed me forever. The whole camp cheered for me, a chubby kid that didn't know if he even liked football. From then on I was addicted. All thanks 2 this 10 time all-pro that felt like making some snot-nosed kid's day. Doesn't seem like much but it meant a lot to me. Sorry for the essay just had to share. RIP Junior I'll never forget what you did for me.

Heard this and Marcellus comments on Mike & Mike this am... Choked me up
frown.gif

Heard Wiley's comments on the radio this morning. I was trying to distance myself from this because it's so sad, but had to listen....Too deep.

I liked him as a football player and he seemed like a cool guy. Can't say I feel bad for him though, Suicide is not always the answer (It's selfish).

I feel bad for his mother. Watching her almost had me in tears, The video was painful to watch. Sad, Sad, Sad.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

RIP Seau

I'm not totally convinced this was suicide. I just don't see someone bout to kill themselves and say "wait let me not put the bullet in my brain so they can study it when I'm finished; let me shoot myself in the chest instead."

Have they announced the relationship of the guy at his and Seau yet?

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

RIP Seau

I'm not totally convinced this was suicide. I just don't see someone bout to kill themselves and say "wait let me not put the bullet in my brain so they can study it when I'm finished; let me shoot myself in the chest instead."

Another NFL player did that before. He explained why on his suicide note.

RIP Junior, to a legend on the field and by all accounts an even better man off it. Don't want to speculate too much, wonder if the combination of his divorce in 2010 and apparent head trauma from his playing days was too much to bear. Still have to watch the comments from his mother and Marcellus.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

RIP Seau

But Jr. didn't leave a suicide note, so thats what leaves me to think theres more to this story.

At any rate I hope his family gets the right answers behind all of this for the proper closure.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

RIP Seau

But this is why it's beyond my comprehension. Committing suicide is the most selfish thing anyone can do. But to have the wherewithal to think "Let me be SELFLESS and GIVE my brain to science" is the most UNSELFISH thing he could've done. Totally blows my mind that in his moment of death he was both as selfish and unselfish as he will ever be.

Man, listening to Marcellus Wiley nearly brought me to tears. Raw, pure emotion. "We were here for you, man. Why didn't you let us know?" Mike and Mike said Junior texted his ex-wife and kids, "I love you," on Tuesday night.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Man, listening to Marcellus Wiley nearly brought me to tears. Raw, pure emotion. "We were here for you, man. Why didn't you let us know?" Mike and Mike said Junior texted his ex-wife and kids, "I love you," on Tuesday night.

eek.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

This is such a tragic story. 

R.I.P #55

Back
Top Bottom