Junior seau involved in shooting

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I wonder if USC does anything with the Number 55
It's already a "legacy" number, given to the best LB'er.  It's an honor to wear that number, and LB'ers that are given that number are aware of what comes with it.  Willie McGinest knew, Chris Claiborne knew, Keith Rivers knew and now Lamar Dawson knows, etc.
At USC, Seau wore jersey number 55, a number also worn by other USC linebackers, including player and NFL coach Jack Del RioChris ClaiborneWillie McGinestKeith Rivers and most recently, USC linebacker Lamar Dawson. Like USC jersey number 58 (worn by Lofa Tatupu and Rey Maualuga), USC jersey number 55 is celebrated by the USC team and Trojan fans (and studied by NFL scouts) -- it means membership in the exclusive USC linebacker group widely known as "Club 55" and connotes "future NFL linebacker star". Though not a "retired" jersey number, it carries a tradition and a wearing-player's obligation to excel, and, thus, is issued to incoming rookie linebacker players on a very thoughtful and selective basis by the USC coaching staff.[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup]

[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Seau#cite_note-7[/sup]

... you know I know that already.

Wonder if they would consider Making it off limits or retire it

I hate when these days come.

He played for my team way past his prime and wasn't here for too long but he was beloved in the area and made a TON of fans. Never forget how hurt I was for him after the 18-1 season...it just didn't feel fair he couldn't go out like Ray Bourque.

RIP Junior

EDIT: Piece of @@!+ yuku isn't letting me quote but word @ dude who turned away from TV. @@!+ is depressing.

It's so hard to believe. He always seemed so peaceful. Thank you for everything Junior. Rest in Peace my friend.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

... you know I know that already.

Wonder if they would consider Making it off limits or retire it
Doubtful, honestly don't think they should...
1st ballot HOF'er IMO.

My Dude Junior. 
frown.gif

Watching his mom speak was heartbreaking. No parent wants to ever bury their child. Her pain was so real. So sad.

This is unbelievable. The city of San Diego is crushed right now. Everyone is crushed right now. It was hard not to be a Junior Seau fan even if you werent a charger fan. 
ohwell.gif

tired.gif

social media has distorted this case already and it's only a couple HRs old.

So many different reports with what happened.

Was there a suicide note or not? Early reports were yes, now officers are saying no.

C'mon

Originally Posted by Deuce King

As stated before, there is too much money that is made from football, and there are too many players even in this day and age that are more than willing to sign up for the job.  Simple supply and demand champ, and you sir will be the first person lined up in front of the TV to watch any and ever football game that you can.  Well except for a Miami Dolphins game perhaps, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to watch them play. 
Really? Keep your instigating bull %*$+ outta here. I'm glad CP didn't take the bait. Time and place, moron.

Damn just heard about this,horrible news
30t6p3b.gif
. He was a great linebacker and probably the best back in his prime. Loved having him for the few seasons he was with the Pats. It broke my heart in '07 when we lost,he should've been able to go out on top
tired.gif
. Very hard watching his Mom in the press conference and seeing Marcellus break down on air
ohwell.gif
. R.I.P. to him,I hope that he's finally found peace. 

They need to leave his family alone and stop airing his mother's breakdown on ESPN. This is sad let this woman grieve

Back
Top Bottom