Junior seau involved in shooting

Caught the piece with his mom and also Marcellus Wiley... 
frown.gif
frown.gif

"I even texted Junior to see if it wasn't true" 
frown.gif

I'm not going to watch that interview. Sounds way too depressing. I feel for the fam, but I'm not trying to bring that sadness into my life right now.

RIP Junior.

RIP to one of SD's own.. #55

<<< picked my member name back in 2002 as a tribute to one my all time fav athletes... My prayers are with Seau's family & friends.

Being from the San Diego community and a Charger fan, hearing this news was devastating. I ran into him the first time at his local restaurant about 10 months ago. Me and my girl took a picture with him, shook his hand, and told him "You're the reason why I started watching football." He not only perform his duties on the field, but what he did for this community is what I'll admire him the most.  RIP Junior Seau. Thoughts and prayers goes out to his family.

Born and raised Chargers fan from San Diego. This is depressing. I'll always connect Seau with my childhood.
Going to Seau's Restaurant grand opening in San Diego. Wearing "Say Ow" gear caps and shirts. Imitating Seau's fist pump celebration when playing football in the neighborhood. I could go on forever.

Seriously feel like crying over here.

If you were a kid growing up in the 90's than you remember this man's face everywhere. He was somewhat a poster-child for NFL's defense.

RIP to the man....so unfortunate.

R.I.P.

I remember how happy I was when I got his trading card back in the day
frown.gif

so shocking, RIP

this guy was a true star in the 90s and such a nice guy

you never know the personal issues people go through, but to the outside observer he seemed so happy and positive and loving of life

can't believe he took his own

http://www.cbssports.com/...t-with-admiration-regret

When the San Diego Chargers made Junior Seau their first pick of the 1990 draft, he wasn't the best linebacker on the team. Billy Ray Smith was. But it didn't take Seau long to establish himself as the most significant player on that defense and one of the best playmakers anywhere.

"When he first came in," said Smith, now a broadcaster in San Diego, "I'd never seen anything like Junior Seau. He put the pedal to the metal, full throttle, on every play. He was unlike anybody I played with.

"In fact, I was just telling a story about when we were playing the Raiders, and they ran a reverse against us. I was playing outside linebacker, and he was playing inside linebacker, and Junior ran by me. I know because I felt a gust of wind. Then they threw the ball to the wide receiver on the reverse, and I said, 'Oh, I finally get to make a play because Junior's already run by me' ... except then he ran by me again and made the play. He was uncontrollable, and he was a great teammate."

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

just saw the interview with his mom....that's tough to watch 
frown.gif

this, i had to stop it, maybe ill watch it later
frown.gif

are they positive it was a suicide?

Didnt the Chief of Police say no suicide note was found?

gun shot to the chest with a hand gun seems very odd to me.

Sad day for me. Seau is the reason why I became a Charger/Trojan fan.

I'm in shock.
frown.gif

to add, the videos of Marcellus and his mother were difficult to watch.
embarassed.gif

I'll always remember him for his intensity on the field. I'll also never forget the day that I got to meet him.

Rest in peace Mr. "Say Ow". #55 was always a treat to watch, a great player but also a class act as well.

Back
Top Bottom