Just a reminder, Guantanamo Bay is STILL open 728 days later.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

LOL. Some people have no idea how politics work. The president is honestly just a big ol bill signer. Nothing more nothing less oh yeah and a scape goat. Blame Congress.

umm... Obama can close Gitmo any damn time with a scribble.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

LOL. Some people have no idea how politics work. The president is honestly just a big ol bill signer. Nothing more nothing less oh yeah and a scape goat. Blame Congress.

umm... Obama can close Gitmo any damn time with a scribble.

Originally Posted by Jay02

He's the main reason the oil spill occured. He had to fix his mistakes before he can worry about stuff like this.

Explain yourself.

Originally Posted by Jay02

He's the main reason the oil spill occured. He had to fix his mistakes before he can worry about stuff like this.

Explain yourself.

Our politics today are such a joke.

Bush/Obama did this, Bush/Obama didn't do that. I love how the American people want all these things done, but won't do anything to help. They want their President to take all the blame and all the responsibility as if he somehow had something to do with how much your life might suck. If SO many people knew the levies were going to fail in regards to Katrina, why weren't they writing letters to their congressmen or women, bringing it up at city councils, submitting letters to newspapers, you know, doing something? You honestly believe that a President knows about every single issue going on in the country? That's what your local governments are for. If people are voting in incapable candidates, then who are we to blame? The person who is in office or those who voted for him? People expect too much these days. There's no work ethic. Why is it that somebody a thousand miles away has to do something YOU want done. The spirit of America has gone from going out, putting in work, helping people out, and providing for your family, to waiting around for other people to respond to your every need and want.

Just my opinion, but I've seen a lot of it these days. No personal responsibility and no accountability for our actions and mistakes. Who really cares what Obama is doing or what Bush did? What are YOU doing to improve the country and your situation? Are you educating yourself to contribute to society? Are you gaining valuable skills and developing your talents to help people out so we don't continue to wallow in this political trash we've been in for the past forever? Or, is that too much work for you to do and you'd rather have somebody else do something about it who actually does care?

One of these days, America isn't going to be America anymore and we'll have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Bush/Obama did this, Bush/Obama didn't do that. I love how the American people want all these things done, but won't do anything to help. They want their President to take all the blame and all the responsibility as if he somehow had something to do with how much your life might suck. If SO many people knew the levies were going to fail in regards to Katrina, why weren't they writing letters to their congressmen or women, bringing it up at city councils, submitting letters to newspapers, you know, doing something? You honestly believe that a President knows about every single issue going on in the country? That's what your local governments are for. If people are voting in incapable candidates, then who are we to blame? The person who is in office or those who voted for him? People expect too much these days. There's no work ethic. Why is it that somebody a thousand miles away has to do something YOU want done. The spirit of America has gone from going out, putting in work, helping people out, and providing for your family, to waiting around for other people to respond to your every need and want.

Just my opinion, but I've seen a lot of it these days. No personal responsibility and no accountability for our actions and mistakes. Who really cares what Obama is doing or what Bush did? What are YOU doing to improve the country and your situation? Are you educating yourself to contribute to society? Are you gaining valuable skills and developing your talents to help people out so we don't continue to wallow in this political trash we've been in for the past forever? Or, is that too much work for you to do and you'd rather have somebody else do something about it who actually does care?

One of these days, America isn't going to be America anymore and we'll have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Originally Posted by Essential1

And....................................................

Obama is still immensely better than Bush and what ever McCain would have been....

No matter how disappointed I am with him..... I am not oblivious to the fact that had McCain become president we'd be in much worse shape, and there would be nothing getting passed except piles of #$@%..

He's better than Bush? What kind of argument is that?
laugh.gif
Who cares if Barry is "better" than Bush or would have been better than McCain, all 3 are equally incompetent. That's like saying your poop smells better than mine, but at the end of the day it's still #!@%. Obama is killing way more innocent people in Yemen, Afghanistan, and Pakistan with his unmanned drone program.

Originally Posted by Essential1

And....................................................

Obama is still immensely better than Bush and what ever McCain would have been....

No matter how disappointed I am with him..... I am not oblivious to the fact that had McCain become president we'd be in much worse shape, and there would be nothing getting passed except piles of #$@%..

He's better than Bush? What kind of argument is that?
laugh.gif
Who cares if Barry is "better" than Bush or would have been better than McCain, all 3 are equally incompetent. That's like saying your poop smells better than mine, but at the end of the day it's still #!@%. Obama is killing way more innocent people in Yemen, Afghanistan, and Pakistan with his unmanned drone program.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

good post brah
pimp.gif

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

good post brah
pimp.gif

Most of what you said is just ridiculous.  We pay like 30-40% tax on our income.  Why shouldn't we care what Obama or Bush is doing? 

We pay taxes so that government can ensure that the levees don't fail and people don't die.  That was one of the most important statements in the Declaration of Independence.  "LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". 

Are you seriously saying that the New Orleans residents should have gotten engineering degrees and inspected the levees themselves?  What!  So in the same line of thought, all the residents of California where wildfires occur need to learn how to put out forest fires too, right?

People are more educated than ever before.  EVER.  More people with Masters degree, Ph. D's, advanced certifications, etc.  So people are doing their part to try and raise the standard of living higher than our parents standard of living.  However, real wages adjusted for inflation have been in decline since the 1980's.

Most of what you said is just ridiculous.  We pay like 30-40% tax on our income.  Why shouldn't we care what Obama or Bush is doing? 

We pay taxes so that government can ensure that the levees don't fail and people don't die.  That was one of the most important statements in the Declaration of Independence.  "LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". 

Are you seriously saying that the New Orleans residents should have gotten engineering degrees and inspected the levees themselves?  What!  So in the same line of thought, all the residents of California where wildfires occur need to learn how to put out forest fires too, right?

People are more educated than ever before.  EVER.  More people with Masters degree, Ph. D's, advanced certifications, etc.  So people are doing their part to try and raise the standard of living higher than our parents standard of living.  However, real wages adjusted for inflation have been in decline since the 1980's.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

It is needed. I'd rather these terrorist be on an isolated island 90 miles from the United States, rather than being on US soil.

A few of my Military friends are headed to Guantanamo Bay.  I think they should keep it open.

There's been an oil spill, unemployment woes, healthcare debates, and war...and you're bringing up Guantanamo Bay?

This.

You really don't have any justification to call these people terrorists. They have not been found guilty of terrorism, some people have not been found guilty of anything, the American authorities just 'suspect' they have done something wrong. 
The American Government has some balls. Earlier this week publicly calling China out on its human rights record. Yes China has a poor record, but look how many innocent people America has killed over the years, let alone basic human right violations such as Guantanamo Bay.  

It is needed. I'd rather these terrorist be on an isolated island 90 miles from the United States, rather than being on US soil.

A few of my Military friends are headed to Guantanamo Bay.  I think they should keep it open.

There's been an oil spill, unemployment woes, healthcare debates, and war...and you're bringing up Guantanamo Bay?

This.

You really don't have any justification to call these people terrorists. They have not been found guilty of terrorism, some people have not been found guilty of anything, the American authorities just 'suspect' they have done something wrong. 
The American Government has some balls. Earlier this week publicly calling China out on its human rights record. Yes China has a poor record, but look how many innocent people America has killed over the years, let alone basic human right violations such as Guantanamo Bay.  

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

This.

The majority of those held at guantanamo are not terrorists though. Most of those people are "suspected of conducting terrorist activity" which is a whole grey area in itself. The place is a huge human rights violation and should have been shut down before it was even opened. "isolated island?"
roll.gif
this isn't Austrailia and we aren't in the 18th century. Tue Us is fully capable of housing the prisoners it deems as a threat to society on it's own contingent soil. Human rights violations are just as important, if not more, than all those issues you listed. It's just sad that our government only thinks that's the case when those violations are conducted by other nations.

Amen

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

This.

The majority of those held at guantanamo are not terrorists though. Most of those people are "suspected of conducting terrorist activity" which is a whole grey area in itself. The place is a huge human rights violation and should have been shut down before it was even opened. "isolated island?"
roll.gif
this isn't Austrailia and we aren't in the 18th century. Tue Us is fully capable of housing the prisoners it deems as a threat to society on it's own contingent soil. Human rights violations are just as important, if not more, than all those issues you listed. It's just sad that our government only thinks that's the case when those violations are conducted by other nations.

Amen

This is why the top job is so tough. When something goes wrong, regardless of whether you were directly responsible or not, it is the person at the top who ultimately will have to take responsibility for it. 

This is why the top job is so tough. When something goes wrong, regardless of whether you were directly responsible or not, it is the person at the top who ultimately will have to take responsibility for it. 

Back
Top Bottom