Just curious why teamtaliban got banned and thread closed...

A friend of mine linked me to the thread and I found it interesting that people thought Taliban were 'bad' people or however you look at it...don'tget me wrong I wasn't surprised by the ignorance, this is of course NT and you can't expect everyone on here to be educated about every part of theworld..

I already know posting this will gauge some more ignorance, but I am posting anyways...thinking that teamtaliban is a negative thing is wrong...I know what themedia feeds us and how it is twisted and reported. But if you have no first hand knowledge, or don't know anyone who does, then please do not accept whateveryone tells you. Generalizing whole groups because what CNN or president obama tell you won't get you too far.

I am from Kandahar, Afghanistan, where most of the 'real' taliban are from. I've been back and trust me what the US media reports to you and whatreally happens are two opposites...let me entertain you with 1 story.

Walking in the market place, my brother in law who was also visiting saw a Canadian envoy drop some package decorated like a present (people may thought it wasfood or whatever) and when it was dropped many kids and elders ran to the package to see what it was...as the envoy drove off it detonated about 4 minuteslater...In the news it was reported as a taliban suicide attack. realize that everything the West knows about the taliban is curtailed to political agendas.

This is one story of many, i mean thousands, daily occurrences. I have family members who work with the government as translators and these stories are socommon that it no longer phases people over there.

anyways all I am saying is don't believe what people tell you, don't be ignorant to the world and whole populations, educate yourself and then make thejudgement.

Research the treatment about women, research how taliban started, research how taliban outlawed all drug growing and exporting to about 4% from being one ofthe greatest exporters, research why the soviet invaded Afghanistan, research why Canada and US are there now...realize that AFghanistan has not been exploredand exploited yet, for oil, jewels, and many other treasures through imperialism and colonization. open up your mind, this BS you hear about bombing girlschools and this and that is a bunch of horse crap. Last thing, the Taliban started out of distaste for drug lords, who were raping village women and killingstheir husbands and kids.

excuse the typing and run on sentences...i'll respond to peoples thoughts...and if this gets locked up that would be funny

Frankly speaking, you are asking a lot, especially from NTers, most of which who are quick to throw the word sheep around.

The thing is, the Taliban will forever and always be associated with their misuse and misinterpretation of Shariah and Hadith.

Originally Posted by copped

A friend of mine linked me to the thread and I found it interesting that people thought Taliban were 'bad' people or however you look at it...don't get me wrong I wasn't surprised by the ignorance, this is of course NT and you can't expect everyone on here to be educated about every part of the world..

I already know posting this will gauge some more ignorance, but I am posting anyways...thinking that teamtaliban is a negative thing is wrong...I know what the media feeds us and how it is twisted and reported. But if you have no first hand knowledge, or don't know anyone who does, then please do not accept what everyone tells you. Generalizing whole groups because what CNN or president obama tell you won't get you too far.

I am from Kandahar, Afghanistan, where most of the 'real' taliban are from. I've been back and trust me what the US media reports to you and what really happens are two opposites...let me entertain you with 1 story.

Walking in the market place, my brother in law who was also visiting saw a Canadian envoy drop some package decorated like a present (people may thought it was food or whatever) and when it was dropped many kids and elders ran to the package to see what it was...as the envoy drove off it detonated about 4 minutes later...In the news it was reported as a taliban suicide attack. realize that everything the West knows about the taliban is curtailed to political agendas.

This is one story of many, i mean thousands, daily occurrences. I have family members who work with the government as translators and these stories are so common that it no longer phases people over there.

anyways all I am saying is don't believe what people tell you, don't be ignorant to the world and whole populations, educate yourself and then make the judgement.

Research the treatment about women, research how taliban started, research how taliban outlawed all drug growing and exporting to about 4% from being one of the greatest exporters, research why the soviet invaded Afghanistan, research why Canada and US are there now...realize that AFghanistan has not been explored and exploited yet, for oil, jewels, and many other treasures through imperialism and colonization. open up your mind, this BS you hear about bombing girl schools and this and that is a bunch of horse crap. Last thing, the Taliban started out of distaste for drug lords, who were raping village women and killings their husbands and kids.

excuse the typing and run on sentences...i'll respond to peoples thoughts...and if this gets locked up that would be funny
Cliff notes:

anyways all I am saying is don't believe what people tell you, don't be ignorant to the world and wholepopulations, educate yourself and then make the judgement.

He was banned because it was a troll name, not just because of the taliban being seen as "bad", even though you are right

DUDE the mod did the right thing, we can't be having people on this board running around glorifying terrorism!

I tend to not like people who try to kill me, sorry.
I'm sure your story about the Canadians is true seeing that Canadians are known for their violent ways. Why just look at the South Park movie. Theykilled the Baldwins!!! With their floppy heads.

indifferent.gif

Which is exactly why I was asking people who were so offended why they were and no one said nothing.

Research the treatment about women, research how taliban started, research how taliban outlawed all drug growing and exporting to about 4% from being one of the greatest exporters, research why the soviet invaded Afghanistan, research why Canada and US are there now...realize that AFghanistan has not been explored and exploited yet, for oil, jewels, and many other treasures through imperialism and colonization. open up your mind, this BS you hear about bombing girl schools and this and that is a bunch of horse crap. Last thing, the Taliban started out of distaste for drug lords, who were raping village women and killings their husbands and kids.

Preach.

A friend of mine linked me to the thread and I found it interesting that people thought Taliban were 'bad' people or however you look at it...don't get me wrong I wasn't surprised by the ignorance, this is of course NT and you can't expect everyone on here to be educated about every part of the world..

I already know posting this will gauge some more ignorance, but I am posting anyways...thinking that teamtaliban is a negative thing is wrong...I know what the media feeds us and how it is twisted and reported. But if you have no first hand knowledge, or don't know anyone who does, then please do not accept what everyone tells you. Generalizing whole groups because what CNN or president obama tell you won't get you too far.

I am from Kandahar, Afghanistan, where most of the 'real' taliban are from. I've been back and trust me what the US media reports to you and what really happens are two opposites...let me entertain you with 1 story.

Walking in the market place, my brother in law who was also visiting saw a Canadian envoy drop some package decorated like a present (people may thought it was food or whatever) and when it was dropped many kids and elders ran to the package to see what it was...as the envoy drove off it detonated about 4 minutes later...In the news it was reported as a taliban suicide attack. realize that everything the West knows about the taliban is curtailed to political agendas.

This is one story of many, i mean thousands, daily occurrences. I have family members who work with the government as translators and these stories are so common that it no longer phases people over there.

anyways all I am saying is don't believe what people tell you, don't be ignorant to the world and whole populations, educate yourself and then make the judgement.

2h3ra5g.jpg

1zv33om.jpg

LOL @ anyone trying to defend the Taliban. The Taliban.

****!

Did you even read OPs post?

I don't think so, because no where does he say anything about defending the Taliban.

Not even in 18thletter's damn cliffnotes does it say anything about defending the Taliban. Wow bro.

If the media demonizes a subgroup, people like you are the first to jump on that bandwagon. Right here is exhibit A.

I don't know if you don't care enough to convince yourself otherwise, or you are just that easily swept up by bias American journalism.

From what I know about the Talibans, is that they killed a lot of people and aren't very respectful

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

LOL @ anyone trying to defend the Taliban. The Taliban.

****!

Did you even read OPs post?

I don't think so, because no where does he say anything about defending the Taliban.

Not even in 18thletter's damn cliffnotes does it say anything about defending the Taliban. Wow bro.

If the media demonizes a subgroup, people like you are the first to jump on that bandwagon. Right here is exhibit A.

I don't know if you don't care enough to convince yourself otherwise, or you are just that easily swept up by bias American journalism.

So essentially this thread is pointless?

Yeah that's it. I must be brainwashed by crooked American journalism. Either that or I'm just ignorant, right?

Nevermind that this group of people have basically held a country and its people hostage, attempted to blur all evidence of a country's history to imposetheir own version of "culture" and are basically drug pushers and ruthless killers to anyone who doesn't agree with their primitive philosophies.

Go on keep making excuses for these and other radical Muslims like you and others like you always do. No one's buying your bs.

smh.gif
@ ignorance on NT.

Anyways, I tend not to believe media outlets in America. All they're interested is the money; asking people who are actually from the places is much moreeducating.

I talked to someone from Sri Lanka about the Tigers. Enlightening convo.

Where did I make excuses for the Taliban? Where did OP make excuses for the Taliban? Quote it. Let's see it.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Where did I make excuses for the Taliban? Where did OP make excuses for the Taliban? Quote it. Let's see it.

And again, what's the point of this thread if you're not gonna take a hard stance? is more research going to change what we do know, and is truth? notlikely. So a bit more light is shed on the taliban, it again does not change anything, and it does not appear that you "proponents" want it changed. I hesitate to call you proponents because i don't even know what you are right now.

Looks like I'll have to get near a computer to keep up with this thread.....I'll be on my damn phone for the rest of the night 'cause I'mgoin' to my BM's house. Wahoo.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Yeah that's it. I must be brainwashed by crooked American journalism. Either that or I'm just ignorant, right?

Nevermind that this group of people have basically held a country and its people hostage, attempted to blur all evidence of a country's history to impose their own version of "culture" and are basically drug pushers and ruthless killers to anyone who doesn't agree with their primitive philosophies.

Go on keep making excuses for these and other radical Muslims like you and others like you always do. No one's buying your bs.
you have no clue what you are talking about, if I have to quote academic resources and literature to back me up I will (don't really want to).Don't know where your sources are coming from, held hostage? go to afghanistan now and all they want is the Taliban to come back, they want security, theydont want the US or Canada in their loading up school buses with women (peoples wives, daughters) and taking them back to their camp and whoring them out, thendropping them back off...they dont want people sitting in tanks and airplanes dropping bombs on whole villages...trust me Afghanistan is being used as a guineapig to test new weapons and dont be surprised if biological weapons are also being used (although minimal perhaps)

if you want stories of real life events I got hundreds. Imagine your wife, sister, mom being dragged out of your house to be used as a f' doll...trust meyou have no clue what you are saying, no clue where you are coming from. Majority of people in afghanistan appreciate the taliban, fairness, and wan't themback especially for security. And your naive if you think they are being rushed out. Taliban still govern most of afghanistan believe it or not. They walkaround KAndahar side by side with the US and Canadian forces, not giving a f'.

blur evidence of history? I am assuming you are talking about the structure they blew up... I don't think i agree with that 100%, but it representedidolatry and idol worship. regardless of that fact, there exist governments who make mistakes, they were offered 10 million to have it removed and taken to aMusuem somehwere in europe or the US, i forgot, but money isn't an ideal...you have to respect that more than simply saying they were whiping outhistory...and that isn't that big of an issue for us to sit and criticize..

Back
Top Bottom