Just dropping off some info for 2015 you guys may or may not know...

Im not going to sit here and pretend I have the answers but the idea has merit.   To say it's too late is not correct, it really is never to late for a movement if that's something people would want to do.  Although I have made my position clear that I don't have a problem with the molds or materials, I would jump into this since I consider myself part of the community.  With the use of social media it could work and would definitely get someone's attention.

Unfortunately I do see one problem - resellers.  For every one of us that leaves a shoe behind, the resellers will scoop it up.  One thing that I hate about JB and Nike in general, is that they have shown they don't care who buys shoes (meaning resellers, atc's, bots etc) as long as the units move.

Either way consider me in

Well if we aren't copping as a whole group from Nike or any other retailer, what makes resellers think we would cop from them? Last thing they would want is a product that isn't going to move.

Looking forward to Oreo IVs, Chicago Xs, Stealth XXs, Cool Grey IVs, and Olympic VIIs.

I can definitely say I have never been this excited for a year of Jordan releases.

where’s lightning 4
frown.gif

Looking forward to Oreo IVs, Chicago Xs, Stealth XXs, Cool Grey IVs, and Olympic VIIs.

I can definitely say I have never been this excited for a year of Jordan releases.

None of those are must haves for me. This is a WEAK release year for Jordan brand so far imo. I use to like the X's until I bought a pair and saw how easily they crease.

Last edited:
Only X's creased on me badly were the chi towns and I was pissed I jus only hope these remastered 45's don't crease, my powder blues didn't

None of those are must haves for me. This is a WEAK release year for Jordan brand so far imo. I use to like the X's until I bought a pair and saw how easily they crease.

I'm curious to know why you think it's a week release year.

Is it because of the models being released, or because of the quality of the sneakers? Because the quality of the Xs this year, supposedly, will be better than any of the Xs that ever retroed.

I'm curious to know why you think it's a week release year.

Is it because of the models being released, or because of the quality of the sneakers? Because the quality of the Xs this year, supposedly, will be better than any of the Xs that ever retroed.

Weak as wack colorways and no Air Jordan VIII "Aqua", No Air Jordan XII's "Flu Game", And Jordan XI lows are ugly. "Remastered" to fool me out my money or not I won't cop another pair of X's it's a wack year.

I think the "Remastered" bull is marketed to sell the lesser popular shoes by saying they are a better quality. I'm not buying it.

Last edited:
Personally think the confirmed releases are not that great too. Only hares and bords are must cops.... would like chi 10s, oreo 4s and white metallic 5s but are by no means must cops for me. Could change if Some of the rumors are confirmed tho

Personally think the confirmed releases are not that great too. Only hares and bords are must cops.... would like chi 10s, oreo 4s and white metallic 5s but are by no means must cops for me. Could change if Some of the rumors are confirmed tho
this^^^^  100000 same over here brudda, still waiting to hear on the  december 11 too. 

Last edited:
Almost $200 for Xs is killer... GR Xs are going to get marked down or sent to outlets, I'm calling it.

That said, those red Melo XIs are straight fire... I hope that rumor is true.

On the subject of why most retro's past XIV don't get the same retro treatment that other's do, I believe it's because Jordan is trying to appeal to the general consumer and not so much sneakerheads. I have a feeling that most people who aren't sneakerheads aren't feeling Jay's afree the XIV in my opinion. A lot of the XIV's from last year that weren't the Black Toe's sat and weren't instant sellouts. So, Jordan Brand being Jordan Brand probably feels like it can do without Jay's 15 and higher for the most part and focus around the popular models being 1-14 which appeal to almost everybody, that's my theory on the situation
mean.gif
Honestly, I think production costs are a big factor... XVIs, XVIIs and XVIIIs were notoriously expensive to make (a lot of people complained about the CDP versions vs OG quality) so unless they sell them at $220+ (keeping in mind that the OG XVIIs went for $200 back in 2001) they aren't making nearly as much as a profit on them (especially when compared to models like AJIs which literally cost $20/pair to make). I think you have a solid point with the casual sneaker market.. They would rather go for a $180 pair of AJ IVs vs $220 AJ XVIs and the IVs would cost Nike SIGNIFICANTLY less to manufacture than the XVIs do...

In the end, diehard sneaker-fans of the post XIV models end up losing out, unfortunately. On the bright side, I'm willing to bet they are testing out the waters with the XXs to see if sales will be decent at >$220. I'm guessing this is not going to pan out though because I don't think most people will drop that kind of cash on a GR Jordan that isn't an XI or at least a popular OG model.

Honestly, I think production costs are a big factor... XVIs, XVIIs and XVIIIs were notoriously expensive to make (a lot of people complained about the CDP versions vs OG quality) so unless they sell them at $220+ (keeping in mind that the OG XVIIs went for $200 back in 2001) they aren't making nearly as much as a profit on them (especially when compared to models like AJIs which literally cost $20/pair to make). I think you have a solid point with the casual sneaker market.. They would rather go for a $180 pair of AJ IVs vs $220 AJ XVIs and the IVs would cost Nike SIGNIFICANTLY less to manufacture than the XVIs do...

In the end, diehard sneaker-fans of the post XIV models end up losing out, unfortunately. On the bright side, I'm willing to bet they are testing out the waters with the XXs to see if sales will be decent at >$220. I'm guessing this is not going to pan out though because I don't think most people will drop that kind of cash on a GR Jordan that isn't an XI or at least a popular OG model.
This is ALL FACT. Repped sir.

Thats why we haven't seen post 14 models. Ever. And most likely why we never will. And besides that, whats the "marketing story" they can make and push to the sneaker blogs to hype them up. I don't know a story they could make for a AJ15. Or a AJ19. Perhaps an AJ16, 17 and 18 because he played in the latter 2 and people like the 16s. 

You know its about keeping costs down to a minimum when releasing a "Sportswear" or Nike/Jordan "Retro" sneaker and creating some silly story to have the editors and blog sites push onto us to drive sales through the roof.

"Playing with our emotions smokey!"

Last edited:

Thats why we haven't seen post 14 models. Ever. And most likely why we never will. And besides that, whats the "marketing story" they can make and push to the sneaker blogs to hype them up. I don't know a story they could make for a AJ15. Or a AJ19. Perhaps an AJ16, 17 and 18 because he played in the latter 2 and people like the 16s. 

You know its about keeping costs down to a minimum when releasing a "Sportswear" or Nike/Jordan "Retro" sneaker and creating some silly story to have the editors and blog sites push onto us to drive sales through the roof.

They will release. Production costs, wow factor low or not. All they have to do is drop the limited tag. Many thought the Olive 9's were literally doodoo.....but they still sold out. Jordan 7 filbert/obsidian....SOLD OUT!! Just release in 20k or less and make it an easter egg hunt across the U.S. placed in limited retailers and the stage would be set for a sell out.

Last edited:
They will release. Production costs, wow factor low or not. All they have to do is drop the limited tag. Many thought the Olive 9's were literally doodoo.....but they still sold out. Jordan 7 filbert/obsidian....SOLD OUT!! Just release in 20k or less and make it an easter egg hunt across the U.S. placed in limited retailers and the stage would be set for a sell out.
Yeah but the problem is in the manufacturing.. Air Jordan XVII and XVIII tooling, for example, is actually pretty intricate-it includes carbon fiber, zoom, rubber/NA, plastic and metal.. Not exactly as cut and dry as early AJ Retro models. This isn't even mentioning the higher leather quality used on the originals (hell, the OG XVIIIs even came with a suede brush). I think a limited run would be possible but it would be a lot of work for them without the same type of returns as other retros. 

That's the only hope for JB to sell em, is to do limited numbers so sneakerheads can flourish. create hype and release again in about 8-10 years. The general pop wants nothing to do with those...

Last edited:
That's the only hope for JB to sell em, is to do limited numbers so sneakerheads can flourish. create hype and release again in about 8-10 years. The general pop wants nothing to do with those...
JB will pump out as many  new color ways as possible before re-releasing these later models.. don't expect to see any of these until at least 2017.

For this to be Jordan's 30th anniversary there should be much more popular OG colorways releasing. I'm just saying.

Back
Top Bottom