Just had my 1st Elvis Sandwich

So instead of going to a house party tonight and destroying my liver with Patron, I decided to stay home and destroy my heart by having the King'ssandwich. It always looked good on the internet and TV, so this was my first time trying it. However, I'm breathing hard right now as I'm typing this.I tried to get as close to the original sandwich as possible. The ingredients are as follow

2 Table spoon of margarine
1 loaf of Italian white bread
1 lb of bacon
1 jar of smooth peanut butter
1 jar of grape jelly

I also added bananas because I also saw variations of that while looking for the recipe. Since I'm going to do it, I mind as well go all the way. I toastedthe bread liked it said and dug out the center of the bread to fill it up with peanut butter. On top, were the bananas. And the other slice of the roll had thejelly and the bacon on it. Here was my final product.

2usk7sw.jpg

23wgaq.jpg

I finished about 3/4 of my first sandwich with a glass of milk, and couldn't go any further. It tasted balanced at the beginning with the saltiness of thebacon and the sweetness of the jelly, banana, and peanut butter. After awhile though it just feels over powered with peanut butter. I gave my 2nd sandwich to ahomeless person, cause I just couldn't bear to waste food. I give this sandwich a thumbs down. It was my first and probably my last time eating it. Ididn't even use the full jar of peanut butter or grape jelly for my sandwich. I don't know how the King could scarf that down. Besides me sharing myElvis sandwich experience with you, has anybody tried something that was really hyped and was a let down?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Did you just say margarine? You need to cut that out. Bacon, White Bread, Margarine...
smh.gif
Yeah, I tried to get close to the original recipe as possible. Of course I know it's not good for me, but meh I'll try new things when itcomes to food.

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

replace the peanut butter and jam with eggs and cheese and
pimp.gif
I've had those before at the taco truck, in the morning, for breakfast. Indeed they are
pimp.gif
between a roll or a croissant.

Never heard of this but damn that's a sandwich if I've ever seen one. And you're lucky to be alive after seeing those pictures.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom