just listened to Kanye's Family Business track and....

damn he needs to re-evaluate his music. he's turned into a shell of his former self. this man's music has no passion no more. :smh:

When kanye was making Soulful music he was at his best. Have you heard the song he got on Rza soundtrack for that fighting movie? I think it's called devil in a white dress... He has a little glimpse of old Kanye on it.

When kanye was making Soulful music he was at his best. Have you heard the song he got on Rza soundtrack for that fighting movie? I think it's called devil in a white dress... He has a little glimpse of old Kanye on it.

yea i've heard it, there's little glimpses of the old him. his older stuff will forever be better for my taste.

know dis feel but hey i LOVE MBDTF so i aint eem mad :pimp:

and white dress was the **** :pimp:

Last edited:
College Dropout is one of my fav albums ever :smokin

I still love Ye's music but he's made better music than what he's making now

This 'Ye is LONG GONE....And I hate him for that
mean.gif

freshman adjustment college dropout kanye was when he was at his best.

kanye is the equivalent of will.i.am now

College Dropout was amazing. My personal experience with the album, I remember listening to it in middle school. Hearing guys like Mos and Kweli for the first time, put me on to those guys at young age. Which later led to me, researching and learning as much a possible about HipHop as a culture.

As far as Ye, he'll never recreate that magic...

BTW, White Dress (the original mix) is flames...:smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Why should Kanye still be making the same type of music after 10 years in the game?

He has evolved like anyone else would. And despite that still continues to make great music.

Why should Kanye still be making the same type of music after 10 years in the game?

He has evolved like anyone else would. And despite that still continues to make great music.

Kanye can't rap about working at the Gap anymore cause he's been rich for about 10 years. Music is about evolution

That's not entirely true. I think that may go for hip-hop, but you can have a non-rapper portray themselves musically in any way. Why can't rap do it?? Not saying he has to specifically rap about working at the Gap, but he can still discuss topics that are relevant (especially to his fans), but maybe not wholly relevant to him anymore ...

And if he didn't change, the "Kayne has never evolved" argument would have come up..Basically it's a lose lose for artist. The old Kanye should stay in 2002-2004, it would be a dated sound if he came out with music like that still..

That's not entirely true. I think that may go for hip-hop, but you can have a non-rapper portray themselves musically in any way. Why can't rap do it?? Not saying he has to specifically rap about working at the Gap, but he can still discuss topics that are relevant (especially to his fans), but maybe not wholly relevant to him anymore ...

He's built his fan base already. He realizes he can rap about cereal and still go platinum. It's more about staying relevant and keeping his name at a standard. The content of what he raps about isn't as meaningful because none of us can relate to F****** Kim kardashian or driving Lamborghini Aventadors. He's still ill but he's wealthy now. The same guy rapping about gold diggers might wife up Kim with no prenup.........................he's still lord yeezus though

50 told me, go 'head, switch the style up
And if they hate then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up

to me his music is evidence of his life patterns and changes. I agree that College Dropout was dope if not the dopest, and I didn't like 808s and Heartbeats but his music has always been good to a degree, good beats and sound if nothing else. I mean I know people who argue that College Dropout is one of Kanye's worst albums :smh: Such is the state of music. He got his $ and he's good now.

Last edited:
some of y'all seem to be missing the point.

you don't have to sound like your old self to still make good music.

these days Kanye is a shell of his former self, but not because the message isn't the same.

the message wasn't the same on MBDTF and that was a great album sonically imo.

look at Outkast. SouthernPlaylistic...ATLiens...Aquemini.....Stankonia....Speakerboxx/Love Below.

these all sound COMPLETELY different yet they all are classics and were received well by critics and fans.

so Kanye doesn't have to rap about the Gap or being broke to make good music...that's lame *** cop out.

TBH, i havent really kept up with alot of his output post-graduation, with the exception of the radio tracks. But, who has he been collaborating with lately? That can and will influence his sound and musical direction. We are the company we keep.

Back
Top Bottom