Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

I think you can make a case for the production outshining JT's singing ability in both Justified and FS/LS....This is not the case in 20/20, IMO. I think Timberlake found the proper balance between having amazing production and having great content as well as showing off his vocals. Album gets better with every listen.

The projections are in and according to HDD, JT’s 3rd studio album The 20/20 Experience is projected to sell 750-800k first week. Come back next week for the official numbers and be on the lookout for Part 2 coming in November.

Previewed this on iTunes and only song I liked was Spaceship Coupe. All the other songs in PREVIEW sound mediocre. Seven years off, you need to come back with that John Blaze. I will download the album tonight and listen to it in its entirety, hopefully I am wrong. I was messing with the first 2 albums hard. Actually got joked on from my boys in high school for buying the first album on RD. |I

Previewed this on iTunes and only song I liked was Spaceship Coupe. All the other songs in PREVIEW sound mediocre. Seven years off, you need to come back with that John Blaze. I will download the album tonight and listen to it in its entirety, hopefully I am wrong. I was messing with the first 2 albums hard. Actually got joked on from my boys in high school for buying the first album on RD. |I

Thought it was just me. I can't knock anyone else opinion, but I'm not feeling this album in comparison to his past work. I personally prefer JT over Neptunes production than Timb.

Damn right he's 3/3. This man is like the God of music.
Seeing as how u have the album cover in your avi i dnt think ur being sarcastic....So go ahead and turn the album off and come back to reality for a few brah
Think I'm in the minority,but I'm not feeling this album.

Only liked 3/10 songs.

S&T,Let The Groove Get In & That Girl.

To me the lyrics are repetitive, same goes with the hooks. Even on the songs I like.

BUT the production on this is INCREDIBLE.

Sadly won't be copping.
I think this album is hella tight. But if you could knock it for anything I would agree the lyrics are pretty shallow with the exception of mirrors. but there really aren't too many R&B/soul cats that really blow you away with lyrics that i can think of. i havent heard nobody writin no Sam Cooke or bobby womack type ish... 

Last edited:
I really dig the record and I got my tix to see him and Hova in Toronto, chea!

justin-unsure.gif

:lol: excellent execution on the gif

If the song is long (pause) make it entertaining like his previous album. Love stoned was 7 minutes and it was dope. The way if fused over to a different track almost.

But some of these longer tracks on this album seem to drag. They bring in nothing new and just maintain the same drums and what not.. Like a sypmhony that goes on and on with no creciendo or climas.

This album is average, nothing special. Production is on point for the most part, but the first 2 albums were better production and song wise. He has been getting worse with every album as far as lyrics go. I swear he gets away with murder with how bad some of his lyrics are. Sad thing is he has the money and label support to hire whoever he wants to write songs. Miguel's album was way better.

Last edited:
This album is average, nothing special. Production is on point for the most part, but the first 2 albums were better production and song wise. He has been getting worse with every album as far as lyrics go. I swear he gets away with murder with how bad some of his lyrics are. Sad thing is he has the money and label support to hire whoever he wants to write songs. Miguel's album was way better.

& boom goes the dynamite...prbly wont cop but just dl it

miguels cd can be played straight thru minus a few tracks

Last edited:
& boom goes the dynamite...prbly wont cop but just dl it

miguels cd can be played straight thru minus a few tracks
don't take the opinion of just one man..

you should listen to it first and then decide whether or not it's worth your money.

in my opinion it's just as good as miguel's album, if not even a little bit better. (timbaland production)

you should listen to it first and then decide whether or not it's worth your money.

in my opinion it's just as good as miguel's album, if not even a little bit better. (timbaland production)

Trill what about my 1st Q

is 20/20 better than Justified?

What's the point of saying its better or not though?

Both are great albums in different periods of time

This album has shades of Justified, FSLS and a whole new direction

I don't understand how someone can say they don't like it when the majority really like it so you just won't give it a listen?

to be honest i can't even remember the last time i heard that album..

but according to a couple reviews out there it is slightly better.

What's the point of saying its better or not though?

Both are great albums in different periods of time

This album has shades of Justified, FSLS and a whole new direction

I don't understand how someone can say they don't like it when the majority really like it so you just won't give it a listen?

Nah Stillln im def gonna listen to it but i wanted to hear some dry reviews before i purchased the cd

heshua's review sounds exactly how i said the cd would sound a month or so back

& like sneakerp said you take a milti yr hiatus & you either come back with a vengence or come back flat & i expected the latter

suit n tie & mirrors are dope .... hopefully the rest doesnt disappoint

to be honest i can't even remember the last time i heard that album..

but according to a couple reviews out there it is slightly better.

Better than justified? Shame on any reviewer who said that. I don't think it sucks, I just can't believe this many people are saying its some amazing album. But I've been on NT long enough by now and NT has hyped up plenty of mediocre songs/albums.

Better than justified? Shame on any reviewer who said that. I don't think it sucks, I just can't believe this many people are saying its some amazing album. But I've been on NT long enough by now and NT has hyped up plenty of mediocre songs/albums.

But it's not just NT

If you don't like it then that's a respectable opinion but it's getting pretty good reviews as a whole

I find timbalands productions sound very similar in this album. I heard the album and thought to myself, I bet Timbo produced every track on this album. And he did.
Sounds are too similar.

Wouldve been nice to hear Pharell on some productions.

It's not amazing if you're talking like in the last 10 years. But it's just a really technically well made, pop album. For right now, when music is dry, this is water. And it's a rare album where about a minute or 2 of almost every track is crack, like the first minute of Strawberry Bubblegum and last 3 minutes of Mirrors. Outside of them...it does sorta just glide through, but the transitions and beat changes are so well done, that you don't especially mind or even notice the long songs...even though It almost doesn't feel like any song begins or ends.

And the album never really gets too high or too low.
People sorta agree on Suit & Tie being not so great, but after that, there's no real undeniable song on the album.

And the hooks aren't so great, but JT's a slick used car salesman and he sells every bit of em.

Last edited:
It's not amazing if you're talking like in the last 10 years. But it's just a really technically well made, pop album. For right now, when music is dry, this is water. And it's a rare album where about a minute or 2 of almost every track is crack, like the first minute of Strawberry Bubblegum and last 3 minutes of Mirrors. Outside of them...it does sorta just glide through, but the transitions and beat changes are so well done, that you don't especially mind or even notice the long songs...even though It almost doesn't feel like any song begins or ends.

And the album never really gets too high or too low.
People sorta agree on Suit & Tie being not so great, but after that, there's no real undeniable song on the album.

And the hooks aren't so great, but JT's a slick used car salesman and he sells every bit of em.
u saying this album sounds like today's Pop music? Cuz i didnt hear that in the album whatsoever

Because I said today's?
Because pop music was born 5 minutes ago?
Or because pop music can only sound like one thing?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom