Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

^ JT said in an interview recently that him & Pharrell were actually in the studio recently. Hopefully they do some work together for Part 2 (If it ends up dropping).

The bonus tracks have really grown on me :pimp:

Aye man, You guys can rave all you want about this album I got no problem with it.
It's a nice album.

But don't you start disrespecting Miguel's album...**** was smooth man. :nthat: Sonically and lyrically it was something very creative and unique. I don't think the two albums are comparable. 2 totally different visions.
Miguel finally brought some life back to an RnB game which had become stale and repetitive.

Both are great. Just leave it at that :pimp:

Nah Stillln im def gonna listen to it but i wanted to hear some dry reviews before i purchased the cd

heshua's review sounds exactly how i said the cd would sound a month or so back
Go Spotify it.

Wonder if Jessica Biel tastes like Strawberry Bubblegum:evil:

totally forgot about spotify
just made a new account so i can grab the entire cd :pimp:

thanks for the refresher @guzzy

Dudes are getting so sensitive over JT.
laugh.gif

Outside of the big radio songs, I've never heard Justified or FSLS, so what am I supposed to be nostalgic about?
I consider this more pop than R&B, so why would I compare it other R&B albums? It's its own thing.
And when did I say it wasn't good? It's mostly the only thing I've listened to in the last week.

But don't act like someone couldn't have a reason to not like the album, or that the people calling it an album of the year candidate aren't maybe overhypin it. I just pointed at the stuff I think people could knock it for. His lyrics are mostly pretty basic and almost
eyes.gif
-worthy for someone who waited a better part of decade to drop an album. He can sell the corniest lines with how great a singer he is, and there are moments of clarity, but just moments.

But if you seeing red and wanna read everything as black and white, hate and praise, do you.
laugh.gif

GOAT. 5/5. I count 6 #1 singles minimum!
naw brah. i agree about the shallow lyrics...like i said a few pages ago. but that doesn't make it pop. im jus askin what r u sayin makes it "Pop". i guess u could make a case for "let the groove get in" but that seem more like them needing to have another uptempo track on the album but thats only 1 track

Not everyone's gonna like everything tho.
Don't get me wrong, I like it.

But we can't expect everyone else to. As long as they are givin good reasons why they don't like it and not just complaining, wouldn't see it as "hate". IMO

Not everyone's gonna like everything tho.
Don't get me wrong, I like it.

But we can't expect everyone else to. As long as they are givin good reasons why they don't like it and not just complaining, wouldn't see it as "hate". IMO

And that's fine but it's clear you have people who haven't listened or go in planning to dislike it

I hate Kanye with a passion but can't say he doesn't make great music

Some people just want to hate from the beginning so there will always be a few
Still? :lol:

And some people read everything as black and white...

Son. Nobody hates this album. Not one person.
Some people might not prefer this kind of music, but that's it.

It's just people responding to the hype and the praise is all.

im jus askin what r u sayin makes it "Pop"
I'm not saying this isn't R&B, but it's more like pop-soul to me. It'd be like calling Michael Jackson's music Motown or R&B. Like, technically, okay you're right. But for me, this is pop music with soulful roots. It's the joyfulness. It's family friendly, for all ages quality.

I mean is Taylor Swift, country music?

Last edited:
Still? :lol:

And some people read everything as black and white...

Son. Nobody hates this album. Not one person.
Some people might not prefer this kind of music, but that's it.

I'm not saying this isn't R&B, but it's more like pop-soul to me. It'd be like calling Michael Jackson's music Motown or R&B. Like, technically, okay you're right. But for me, this is pop music with soulful roots. It's the joyfulness. It's family friendly, for all ages quality.

You could just leave the thread, we get the point already

You said yourself you never listened to Justified or FSLS

i feel u 

JT didn't use them this time around, so Robin swooped
laugh.gif

I'm just posting this for fun, so please, lets not get riled up and start up with whos the better white boy comparisons
tongue.gif
The black girl in the video is on point!

this is my first JT album and i like it

Dress on and Pusher Lover Girl stand out the most on first listen...

i do agree that the lyrics are shallow but its still a good album

i heard Usher is back working with JD for his next album so hopefully this lights a fire under his *** and brings him back...

this is my first JT album and i like it

Dress on and Pusher Lover Girl stand out the most on first listen...

i do agree that the lyrics are shallow but its still a good album

i heard Usher is back working with JD for his next album so hopefully this lights a fire under his *** and brings him back...

I hope I'm losing all faith in Usher, that last album was a disaster

Dude killed Spaceship coupe.......

Album is nice.....DL`ed it with rhapsody, but ill buy it from amazon.

Oh.....and i DID NOT like miguel`s album.....it was boring as hell to me and i didnt care at all for the production on it......It is what it is.

Give it a solid 4 out of 5.

As much as I like JT and hold him to high standards, a lot of his music still sounds the same. He isn't the greatest song writer so I won't fault him in that area, but he probably would've benefitted from a mixture of producers this time around (some Pharrell on there as well). The overall sound is a great listen, but I don't hear any growth from JT as an artist on this project.

Back
Top Bottom