Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

"20/20 Experience" is a masterpiece. 10/10. Completely a fan of this album and this mans work. It's tied with "Future Sex & Love Sounds". And both are better than "Justified".

Justin should always work with Timberland.

Musically nothing in the past 2012 is seeing this album. Althought Miguel and Franks albums are both classics as well...

I think Justin will crack the million mark. Too much heavy promo. "Blue Ocean Floor" might be the worst track but vocally Justin slays that track. Right now "Let the Groove Get In" is the best to me. It gets me outta my seat and makes me wanna do the "Cliff Huxtable".

Right because all pop stars sell 900k plus in a week

Your confusing records sales with quality of music.  That's how I know your new to the music game, but that's okay because I won't hold it against you for now.  When an artist has promotion like JT did for this album, I expect 900K or more for first week sales, that should be the bare minimum truth be told. 

Sometimes an album can sale great, but might be garbage from a listeners standpoint, sometimes a really good/great album might not sell well.  Sometimes the two can mesh together when a good album sells well. 
You disappeared, it's cool you don't like JT
I actually like JT, not sure why you would think otherwise.  I'm not a superfan like you and others, but that's okay because you and the rest of them serve a purpose, and there's nothing wrong with that.  Just because I don't agree with everything that you said regarding Justin doesn't mean I don't like him.  You shouldn't assume something like that due to us not seeing eye to eye, it makes you look sad, weak and pathetic. 
And I love Timb as a producer but Shock Value isn't a "fun" album, he's trying to make impacts on the airwaves like SV1 and SV2
When I say make an impact, I'm referring to making an impact as far as a solo artist in that regard.  Kind of like when Kanye made the transition from producer to rapper to becoming an artist with his first solo album.  Something along those lines.  Of course Timbo wanted to make an impact on the airwaves, that's getting him spins and potentially record sales.  Big difference. 

He'll put up numbers cuz he's a pop star but the music wouldn't be as good w/o Tim.

That's ******ed. CD sales in the digital era has drastically fallen for the past few years, pop star or not. Look at someone like Rihanna who is a bonafide pop star, pisses out hit songs, but can't seem to sell her CDs the way she should be. Justin has always been on another level. After creating FS/LS and then that concert on top of that, he left people wanting and anticipating more which is one of the many reasons why 20/20 Experience will push close to a million, that along with the promo.

My point was that dude is going to sell records off of his name alone. Which is obvious.

Last edited:
Your confusing records sales with quality of music.  That's how I know your new to the music game, but that's okay because I won't hold it against you for now.  When an artist has promotion like JT did for this album, I expect 900K or more for first week sales, that should be the bare minimum truth be told. 

Sometimes an album can sale great, but might be garbage from a listeners standpoint, sometimes a really good/great album might not sell well.  Sometimes the two can mesh together when a good album sells well. 

I actually like JT, not sure why you would think otherwise.  I'm not a superfan like you and others, but that's okay because you and the rest of them serve a purpose, and there's nothing wrong with that.  Just because I don't agree with everything that you said regarding Justin doesn't mean I don't like him.  You shouldn't assume something like that due to us not seeing eye to eye, it makes you look sad, weak and pathetic. 

When I say make an impact, I'm referring to making an impact as far as a solo artist in that regard.  Kind of like when Kanye made the transition from producer to rapper to becoming an artist with his first solo album.  Something along those lines.  Of course Timbo wanted to make an impact on the airwaves, that's getting him spins and potentially record sales.  Big difference. 

New to music lol

Yes because ONLY Timb is capable of making music with JT

You keep changing your argument to continue argue then use insults to try and validate your points which only makes them less substantial

You are all over the place, you win

Last edited:
the more i listen to this album the stronger I feel about STRAWBERRY BUBBLEGUM being the best track.
It has a Michael Jackson vibe to it.

Definitely going to his solo tour. Skipped on his best of both worlds gimmick because Jay needs to retire and disappear.

Yes because ONLY Timb is capable of making music with JT

I never said Timb is the ONLY person capable of making music with JT, but Justin has released 3 solo albums, and 2 of those were solely produced by Timb.  That equals 66% which is of course more than half of the music that Justin has released as a solo artist.  With that being said the numbers and odds lean more into my favor then they do yours. 
You keep changing your argument to continue argue then use insults to try and validate your points which only makes them less substantial
Pot meet kettle.  This statement below was #610 by you on page 21 of this thread.............

"Lol that clown does this in every thread"  You were saying??

Just shut up already

Back to the thread

Reports are the album is at 950-975k and could go platinum

Last edited:
I hate to rate albums after only a couple listens (like most of y'all be doing lol), but now its been a couple weeks since this album's been "out" and I've made my final verdict on where this album stands with his first 2 LP's. When I first listened to this album I knew that I didn't like it more than Justified right off the bat, but whether I liked it more than or at least on the same level as FS/LS was up in the air. So I gave it some time to see if it has any replay value. And the answer is no. I thought 20/20 was great at first listen, but unfortunately it's greatness didn't last too long with me. The only songs that are worth listening still are "Strawberry Bubblegum" and "Spaceship Coupe". Everything else just got played out real quick to me. Therefore I'd rate this album behind FS/LS cause that album still has good replay value. 20/20 is still a good effort tho, and I'm happy to see him doing those kinda numbers first week. Looking forward to the 2nd installment later this year.

^Word. Skippable track imo.

Maybe this will grow on me, but so far I'd probably have this as my third fav JT album at this point (despite amazing production)

Justified
FS/LS
20/20

imo.. it will prob grow on me though

Top 3 tracks for me are in no order

Pusher Love Girl
Mirrors
Spaceship Coupe
HM: Dress On but it's a bonus so I won't include it

I can't stand Strawberry Bubblegum whatsoever. Same for Spaceship Coupe.

Let the Groove in has grown on me though.

1. Suit and Tie

2. Mirrors

3. That Girl

My top 3 (No order)-

Strawberry Bubblegum
Tunnel Vision
Mirrors

Tough to choose 3 because this is one of those albums I can play front to back with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom