<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

That Earnhardt line 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Rafool

I know there's a handful of review videos out there already, I just like the way this person has reviewed previous albums from several artists.

He just posted it, haven't even watched it myself so we'll see if I agree with him.
laugh.gif
QFE

dunno if I agree with the score.

-The Juice

I know there's a handful of review videos out there already, I just like the way this person has reviewed previous albums from several artists.

He just posted it, haven't even watched it myself so we'll see if I agree with him.
laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

I feel like they "laser"ed this cd.

songs sound REALLY pop influence rather than hip hop music

no club tracks? thats usually a must have on a hip hop cd i geuss this is the avenue these guys are going at these days. Lyrics are good and everything but musically it hard to repeat this. The songs arent really that catchy which make it hard to want to repeat.
I don't think so at all. Like dude said pages back, it's almost like a musical act. Here's my theory...why would they make a album similar to Reasonable Doubt or College Dropout? Back during those times they were rather unknown artist trying to make it, WTT is basically them coming together & praising how they have made it (& are ***+@+@ better than you)
laugh.gif

This is that Cocky music...Idk bout ya, but I'd have this over a reasonable doubt type album. Just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

I feel like they "laser"ed this cd.

songs sound REALLY pop influence rather than hip hop music

no club tracks? thats usually a must have on a hip hop cd i geuss this is the avenue these guys are going at these days. Lyrics are good and everything but musically it hard to repeat this. The songs arent really that catchy which make it hard to want to repeat.
I don't think so at all. Like dude said pages back, it's almost like a musical act. Here's my theory...why would they make a album similar to Reasonable Doubt or College Dropout? Back during those times they were rather unknown artist trying to make it, WTT is basically them coming together & praising how they have made it (& are ***+@+@ better than you)
laugh.gif

This is that Cocky music...Idk bout ya, but I'd have this over a reasonable doubt type album. Just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice
Complaining about the bravado on an album called "Watch The Throne" which has a gold album cover designed by a Givenchy designer seems rather silly. The whole basis is to make other rappers in the rap game cower at them because of their perceived royalty-- rather that means in terms of money/lyrical ability and etc. The album actually is more substantive than I thought it would be. He made some good points in the review though.

laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice
Complaining about the bravado on an album called "Watch The Throne" which has a gold album cover designed by a Givenchy designer seems rather silly. The whole basis is to make other rappers in the rap game cower at them because of their perceived royalty-- rather that means in terms of money/lyrical ability and etc. The album actually is more substantive than I thought it would be. He made some good points in the review though.

Originally Posted by Caerus

WTT is basically them coming together & praising how they have made it (& are ***+@+@ better than you)
laugh.gif

I'm not even a Jay-Z fan like that but this is far from the truth. 
"power to the people...when you see me, see you"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just finished my 2nd listen. album is pretty good, but of course not as great as people are hyping it up to be.

so far may fav tracks are:
No Church
Gotta Have it (Neptunes delivered on this joint
pimp.gif
)
New Day
That's My B**** (even tho it's been out for almost a year, I really like the newly mixed version)
Who Gon Stop Me
Why I Love You

that racks I'm really not feelin at all are Lift Off, Made In America and Welcome To The Jungle (cant believe this lazy, repetitive Swizzy track even made the album). and everything else is pretty much in between.

just finished my 2nd listen. album is pretty good, but of course not as great as people are hyping it up to be.

so far may fav tracks are:
No Church
Gotta Have it (Neptunes delivered on this joint
pimp.gif
)
New Day
That's My B**** (even tho it's been out for almost a year, I really like the newly mixed version)
Who Gon Stop Me
Why I Love You

that racks I'm really not feelin at all are Lift Off, Made In America and Welcome To The Jungle (cant believe this lazy, repetitive Swizzy track even made the album). and everything else is pretty much in between.

Originally Posted by Caerus

WTT is basically them coming together & praising how they have made it (& are ***+@+@ better than you)
laugh.gif

I'm not even a Jay-Z fan like that but this is far from the truth. 
"power to the people...when you see me, see you"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice

Funny how he blames Jay/Ye for Beyonce's hook on liftoff
laugh.gif

Here some reasons why I see people not liking the album:

-It doesn't sound like a traditional rap record
-Some people listen to the record under a preconceived motion of what THEY want Jay/Ye to sound like in their lyrical themes (ie "Where Reasonable Doubt/Blueprint Jay?" "Where's College Dropout Kanye?"
-You don't like rappers that brag
-You're just not a fan of the dude's music/personality

The first two reasons are understandable from my standpoint (the first more than the second), the other two are silly. There are people out there listening to the album who aren't Jay/Ye fans in the first place, you're probably not going to like a Jay/Ye record. Just sayin...and some people who get mad about bragging rappers are the same ones who put on a Young Money CD and put it on blast
laugh.gif
Most rappers brag from Eminem to Rick Ross, and brag a lot. GET. OVER. IT.

laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice

Funny how he blames Jay/Ye for Beyonce's hook on liftoff
laugh.gif

Here some reasons why I see people not liking the album:

-It doesn't sound like a traditional rap record
-Some people listen to the record under a preconceived motion of what THEY want Jay/Ye to sound like in their lyrical themes (ie "Where Reasonable Doubt/Blueprint Jay?" "Where's College Dropout Kanye?"
-You don't like rappers that brag
-You're just not a fan of the dude's music/personality

The first two reasons are understandable from my standpoint (the first more than the second), the other two are silly. There are people out there listening to the album who aren't Jay/Ye fans in the first place, you're probably not going to like a Jay/Ye record. Just sayin...and some people who get mad about bragging rappers are the same ones who put on a Young Money CD and put it on blast
laugh.gif
Most rappers brag from Eminem to Rick Ross, and brag a lot. GET. OVER. IT.

Back
Top Bottom