<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by 0renthalJames

Originally Posted by Rafool

I know there's a handful of review videos out there already, I just like the way this person has reviewed previous albums from several artists.

He just posted it, haven't even watched it myself so we'll see if I agree with him.
laugh.gif
QFE

dunno if I agree with the score.

-The Juice

Funny how he blames Jay/Ye for Beyonce's hook on liftoff
laugh.gif

Here some reasons why I see people not liking the album:

-It doesn't sound like a traditional rap record
-Some people listen to the record under a preconceived motion of what THEY want Jay/Ye to sound like in their lyrical themes (ie "Where Reasonable Doubt/Blueprint Jay?" "Where's College Dropout Kanye?"
-You don't like rappers that brag
-You're just not a fan of the dude's music/personality

The first two reasons are understandable from my standpoint (the first more than the second), the other two are silly. There are people out there listening to the album who aren't Jay/Ye fans in the first place, you're probably not going to like a Jay/Ye record. Just sayin...and some people who get mad about bragging rappers are the same ones who put on a Young Money CD and put it on blast
laugh.gif
Most rappers brag from Eminem to Rick Ross, and brag a lot. GET. OVER. IT.
Hit the nail on the head for me. EVERYTHING.
Thank you for posting this.

I know there's a handful of review videos out there already, I just like the way this person has reviewed previous albums from several artists.

He just posted it, haven't even watched it myself so we'll see if I agree with him.
laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice

laugh.gif

-Some people listen to the record under a preconceived motion of what THEY want Jay/Ye to sound like in their lyrical themes (ie "Where Reasonable Doubt/Blueprint Jay?" "Where's College Dropout Kanye?"

The first two reasons are understandable from my standpoint (the first more than the second), the other two are silly. There are people out there listening to the album who aren't Jay/Ye fans in the first place, you're probably not going to like a Jay/Ye record. Just sayin...and some people who get mad about bragging rappers are the same ones who put on a Young Money CD and put it on blast
laugh.gif

People still just skimming through it. How is this album considered "cocky" and "bragging" with these songs: no church in the wild, new day, murder to excellence, made in america, and why I love you? I don't really like lift off, but it still has that inspirational feel.

People still just skimming through it. How is this album considered "cocky" and "bragging" with these songs: no church in the wild, new day, murder to excellence, made in america, and why I love you? I don't really like lift off, but it still has that inspirational feel.

I'm just not feeling the album. I'm a huge fan of both guys, but this album really doesn't cut it for me. I don't think Jay and kanye suck now because i don't like this album. If you like it, i think that's great. Enjoy. I just don't like it. I had been anticipating the album since it was announced, but never boarded the hype train. Didn't listen to any snippets. Only song i heard before i downloaded off of iTunes was H.a.m. and i still think that's my fav song.

Is that fair?

I'm just not feeling the album. I'm a huge fan of both guys, but this album really doesn't cut it for me. I don't think Jay and kanye suck now because i don't like this album. If you like it, i think that's great. Enjoy. I just don't like it. I had been anticipating the album since it was announced, but never boarded the hype train. Didn't listen to any snippets. Only song i heard before i downloaded off of iTunes was H.a.m. and i still think that's my fav song.

Is that fair?

Originally Posted by hella handsome

QFE

-The Juice

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Bragging, when done well, is
pimp.gif
(ie Success from American Gangster, or most of the Reasonable Doubt album). When its Kanye just rapping/singing dumb @#$% like "last week I was in my other, other Benz!!!" it's just pathetic and corny. It's like if Birdman tried to rap for real (but then he wouldn't be as entertaining
laugh.gif
)

Giving excuses for mediocre lyrics by saying Rick Ross does it is terrible. Rick Ross isn't someone you listen to for lyrics; he has a different niche in hip hop so you can rate his music accordingly. Jay and Kanye are supposed to be part of the "elite" so I expect much more from them. I wonder if all of you would give Nas the same pass you're giving Kanye?

I like how people were criticizing me for not liking this album but most people I know outside of NT are saying the same @#$%. Hell even the last 5 pages have people coming to their senses after letting the music sink in.

And before anyone asks, I DID go into this album with an open mind despite how terrible of rapper Kanye is. I was assuming that he'd come correct on this, being paired up with Jay and all.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

QFE

-The Juice

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Bragging, when done well, is
pimp.gif
(ie Success from American Gangster, or most of the Reasonable Doubt album). When its Kanye just rapping/singing dumb @#$% like "last week I was in my other, other Benz!!!" it's just pathetic and corny. It's like if Birdman tried to rap for real (but then he wouldn't be as entertaining
laugh.gif
)

Giving excuses for mediocre lyrics by saying Rick Ross does it is terrible. Rick Ross isn't someone you listen to for lyrics; he has a different niche in hip hop so you can rate his music accordingly. Jay and Kanye are supposed to be part of the "elite" so I expect much more from them. I wonder if all of you would give Nas the same pass you're giving Kanye?

I like how people were criticizing me for not liking this album but most people I know outside of NT are saying the same @#$%. Hell even the last 5 pages have people coming to their senses after letting the music sink in.

And before anyone asks, I DID go into this album with an open mind despite how terrible of rapper Kanye is. I was assuming that he'd come correct on this, being paired up with Jay and all.

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

Son listen to the lyrics, how aren't they being cocky or bragging about their lifestyle?
laugh.gif

I +@+* with it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 1stWitIt

Son listen to the lyrics, how aren't they being cocky or bragging about their lifestyle?
laugh.gif

I +@+* with it
pimp.gif

Giving excuses for mediocre lyrics by saying Rick Ross does it is terrible. Rick Ross isn't someone you listen to for lyrics; he has a different niche in hip hop so you can rate his music accordingly. Jay and Kanye are supposed to be part of the "elite" so I expect much more from them. I wonder if all of you would give Nas the same pass you're giving Kanye?"

Oh ye hypocrites
laugh.gif

If you listen to mainstream rap, you're listening to a bunch of bragging, self-postering rappers everywhere. Period. Jay and Ye been doing it for years. AG and RD ain't ANY different either. No, you actually meant to say you just more some more cocaine/drug tales in your music to listen to. Guess wht though - BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

By the way, I think that the way they brag on this record is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
as you put it - they set it up to start of the album, then they make a trasnisition towards seeing how the rough roads they took to get to be rich, the meaning of it in White America, and the pitfalls of success. Don't front just because YOU just see it as bragging.

Like I said before, if you don't like bragging, you're listening to the wrong kind of music. Go listen to other music/underground rap/Nas instead, and even THAT man takes a liking to letting you know how fly and "made" he is in many of his songs.GET. OVER. IT.
laugh.gif

Giving excuses for mediocre lyrics by saying Rick Ross does it is terrible. Rick Ross isn't someone you listen to for lyrics; he has a different niche in hip hop so you can rate his music accordingly. Jay and Kanye are supposed to be part of the "elite" so I expect much more from them. I wonder if all of you would give Nas the same pass you're giving Kanye?"

Oh ye hypocrites
laugh.gif

If you listen to mainstream rap, you're listening to a bunch of bragging, self-postering rappers everywhere. Period. Jay and Ye been doing it for years. AG and RD ain't ANY different either. No, you actually meant to say you just more some more cocaine/drug tales in your music to listen to. Guess wht though - BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

By the way, I think that the way they brag on this record is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
as you put it - they set it up to start of the album, then they make a trasnisition towards seeing how the rough roads they took to get to be rich, the meaning of it in White America, and the pitfalls of success. Don't front just because YOU just see it as bragging.

Like I said before, if you don't like bragging, you're listening to the wrong kind of music. Go listen to other music/underground rap/Nas instead, and even THAT man takes a liking to letting you know how fly and "made" he is in many of his songs.GET. OVER. IT.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Prada G

Racks on racks on racks, maybachs on bachs on bachs on bachs on bachs, who in that, blacks on blacks on blacks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I literally laughed out when I heard that.

What song is this? I heard all the tracks.

Originally Posted by Prada G

Racks on racks on racks, maybachs on bachs on bachs on bachs on bachs, who in that, blacks on blacks on blacks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I literally laughed out when I heard that.

What song is this? I heard all the tracks.

SMH at the number of times I've listened to Why I Love You. Just an insane song. Jay went so hard on this. You can tell a lot of the stuff he's talking about is close to his heart.

wsqkb5.png

SMH at the number of times I've listened to Why I Love You. Just an insane song. Jay went so hard on this. You can tell a lot of the stuff he's talking about is close to his heart.

wsqkb5.png

This album gave me pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. Good production, good lyrics, good feel, enjoyable in the car, good for lifting in the gym.

I didn't expect to put the CD in and get disintegrated into thin air like the Nazi at the end of Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

This album gave me pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. Good production, good lyrics, good feel, enjoyable in the car, good for lifting in the gym.

I didn't expect to put the CD in and get disintegrated into thin air like the Nazi at the end of Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The more I listen to this album, the more I like it but it's not like I had great expectations. The problem with it is that Jay and Kanye don't really have the same chemistry that most groups have...sometimes they make it work and sometimes it's like two people doing their own thing on the same record. Might as well be the hip hop version of Lebron and Wade 
laugh.gif

The braggadocios stuff is just surface level, but IMO there's a lot of positive messages if you really listen...Giving you respect / I expect the same thing / All black everything / N*** you know my fresh code / I’m out here fightin’ for you / Don’t increase my stress load"

Maybe I have a different version of WTT though 

The more I listen to this album, the more I like it but it's not like I had great expectations. The problem with it is that Jay and Kanye don't really have the same chemistry that most groups have...sometimes they make it work and sometimes it's like two people doing their own thing on the same record. Might as well be the hip hop version of Lebron and Wade 
laugh.gif

The braggadocios stuff is just surface level, but IMO there's a lot of positive messages if you really listen...Giving you respect / I expect the same thing / All black everything / N*** you know my fresh code / I’m out here fightin’ for you / Don’t increase my stress load"

Maybe I have a different version of WTT though 

laugh.gif
QFE

-The Juice
DEAD @ V-Nasty sign "the third track"
roll.gif

My fav. music critic

Back
Top Bottom